Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6798 6799 [6800] 6801 6802 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772841 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101985 on: March 21, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »

At what point does "FOR SCIENCE!" not cut it?

On my 21st I decided to get completely wasted, just so I had first-hand empirical experience with alcohol, better understood my body and its limitations, and could better relate to the inebriated. I also discovered that drunk chess is very challenging, and apparently I'm a capable acrobat.

All I do, I do for Science.
According to Rocksmith, getting absolutely hammered makes playing guitar a lot easier. On St. Patrick's day, I went from about 7 songs at 35k+ points to 17 or so.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101987 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:59 pm »

According to Rocksmith, getting absolutely hammered makes playing guitar a lot easier. On St. Patrick's day, I went from about 7 songs at 35k+ points to 17 or so.
Didn't you know? Drugs give the power of Rock and Roll.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101988 on: March 21, 2013, 03:12:49 pm »

Just a note, but technically they're not allowed to pay people for serving as lab rats. The money you get is just a recompensation for lost time. Important to ensure test neutrality.

Europe is a bit more severe in this than the USA.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #101989 on: March 21, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »

Oh yeah, my mom just saw something in the newspaper and she's going to volunteer as a lab-rat. Gonna keep her for 4 days, to test probably the side-effects of a medication of her. 550 dollars, good times.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101990 on: March 21, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »

First you stop feeling fear, then you start preferring to stay in the dark, then you start sleeping until 5pm in the winters and 10pm in the summer, then you start growing claws and demanding human organs as sacrifice to your terrified family. It's a risky job, being a professional lab rat.
Not to mention my lactose-intolerance.

Well, you could apply for a position as a lab-monkey instead. I hear that's a little higher-risk, though.
On the other hand, you could end up going to space!

"Good news, Lab-Monkey! You're going to space!"

:D :D :D SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

"Bad news, we're testing the effects of explosive decompression without a spacesuit."

D: D: D: START FLINGING POO!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #101991 on: March 21, 2013, 03:28:05 pm »

Not to mention my lactose-intolerance.
I'm pretty sure that's a scientist invention to see if humans can live without delicious cheese.
Sure, if you call that living.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #101992 on: March 21, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »

Man, assignments are so much easier when you've actually been taught the stuff you need to know to do the assignment.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101993 on: March 21, 2013, 03:50:33 pm »

Didn't you know? Drugs give the power of Rock and Roll.
Well, if you count alcohol as a drug, and I'm moving in with Wolfeyez...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101994 on: March 21, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »

Alcohol is pretty definitely a drug, yeah. Just a legal one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #101997 on: March 21, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »

I am almost on SPRING BREAK. OH YEAH. WHO CARES ABOUT THE PILES OF SNOW ON THE CITY HALL LAWN. SPRING BACK BABY.

Almost technically. I actually have one day left, but I go on a field trip on that day so It barely counts.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #101998 on: March 21, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »

I think I'm going to go back to creating fantasy worlds to escape into within my mind while I listen to people bitch and / or do insanely monotonous work.

I've always wanted to do this again. It's free, which means I can afford it. It's pretty personal with no reason to share with anybody else, so I don't have to worry about what other people think. It can be insanely detailed which will occupy my mind while I deal with people with what I swear must be about a 6th grade education, or smarter but simply more demanding (asshole) people.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101999 on: March 21, 2013, 04:46:47 pm »

Worldbuilding Therapy FTW.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6798 6799 [6800] 6801 6802 ... 13325