Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6775 6776 [6777] 6778 6779 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788652 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101640 on: March 16, 2013, 10:08:23 pm »

I really should cut my hair. I don't have enough of it left to make a good pony tail. I am balding way way too early.

Sadly my brother got the classy widow's peak in our genome, while I got the mid-20s baldness. A long time ago I accepted it as something my body's just going to do, and decided that I wouldn't do anything silly to try and keep my hair. Once it got too obvious for me to grow it out anymore, I planned to just shave it short and grow out my beard. And I'm getting pretty close to that point.

When I told my mom about this the last time I saw her, she got upset, and told me I shouldn't just give up and shave it all off.

She said I should get a Tonsure instead.

Sorry, no. I love you mum, but I'd sooner get one of those ridiculous samurai top-knot things.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #101641 on: March 16, 2013, 10:32:28 pm »

You sure she didn't mean like:

Spoiler: This? (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101642 on: March 16, 2013, 10:41:53 pm »

That doesn't really count. He doesn't age.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101643 on: March 16, 2013, 10:46:57 pm »

I really should cut my hair. I don't have enough of it left to make a good pony tail. I am balding way way too early.

Sadly my brother got the classy widow's peak in our genome, while I got the mid-20s baldness. A long time ago I accepted it as something my body's just going to do, and decided that I wouldn't do anything silly to try and keep my hair. Once it got too obvious for me to grow it out anymore, I planned to just shave it short and grow out my beard. And I'm getting pretty close to that point.

When I told my mom about this the last time I saw her, she got upset, and told me I shouldn't just give up and shave it all off.

Sorry, no. I love you mum, but I'd sooner get one of those ridiculous samurai top-knot things.

Nope. She specified "You'd look like a Franciscan Monk!"

Speaking of Patrick Stewart though, when I was younger, I always wanted to grow out my hair, and dreaded losing it in my 20s like my grandpa and uncle did. One day, I caught a BBC interview with Patrick Stewart, where he shared some words about losing his own hair at a young age. I'd always had a great respect for Patrick Stewart, so it was a nice little reality check for past-me.

Here we go, found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENCapmmX6xI.

The Gene Roddenberry quote at the beginning is probably my favorite part.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:56:03 pm by Solifuge »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #101644 on: March 16, 2013, 10:56:55 pm »

So I decided to listen to Dear Esther's voices and soundtrack at the same time, like an audiobook.

It's creepy and eerie, but it's quite good. They both match up surprisingly well.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #101645 on: March 16, 2013, 11:08:31 pm »

Just had Nutella for the first time.

Love Nutella, but god damn is its advertising bullshit. It's a goddamn chocolate spread. None of this hazelnut stuff. They actually had to stop advertising it as more healthy than peanut butter because... it isn't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101646 on: March 16, 2013, 11:15:47 pm »

European Nutella actually does have some hazelnut involved, though--or at the very least, the flavor is quite different in a nutty sort of direction.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101647 on: March 16, 2013, 11:16:52 pm »

Reminds me of the scandal with Ribena TV adverts stating that blackcurrants have 4 times the vitamin c of oranges (Ribena had synthetic blackcurrant flavor, and extremely low levels of vitamin C). Whilst the advert didn't outright lie, it was highly misleading, and caused a scandal, after which the company decided to remove references to vitamin C on the product.

In addition to the misleading representations that the Ribena range "contained four times the vitamin C of oranges" in its advertising and packaging, cartoned ready to drink Ribena falsely claimed on the label to have 7 mg of vitamin C per 100mL or 44 per cent of the recommended daily intake when it had no detectable vitamin C content.[...]GlaxoSmithKline maintains the issue only affects Australia and New Zealand, and Ribena sold in other markets, such as the United Kingdom, contain the levels of vitamin C stated on the product label.

So, us southerners don't warrant good health or correct labeling? I'd be testing that European Ribena just in case.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:23:44 pm by Reelya »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101648 on: March 16, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »

Nope. She specified "You'd look like a Franciscan Monk!"
That's how it always starts. First you take on the haircut to deal with your growing baldness, then you try meditating in a cloister "just to see what it feels like", pretty soon you've taken up herb gardening.
The secluded life of copying religious text by hand sounds like a glamorous lifestyle at first, but trust me, it's not a lifestyle you want to get sucked into, you'll spend every florin you make you make on rosaries and renovating churches.

So in other news I knew about the Stanley Parable, but I didn't know about the epic and still ongoing Stanley Parable development blog, which is epic. Everyone should take a look at some of the blog posts.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101649 on: March 16, 2013, 11:37:43 pm »

^
Immune system: The ultimate overprotective parent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101650 on: March 16, 2013, 11:41:20 pm »

FRC was amazing. We placed 12th out of 52, I made some new friends, saw some old friends, was confused for a girl six times, and a random trans girl decided to flirt with me.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101651 on: March 16, 2013, 11:51:11 pm »

FRC was amazing. We placed 12th out of 52, I made some new friends, saw some old friends, was confused for a girl six times, and a random trans girl decided to flirt with me.

Wait, you're a guy? :o

That's how it always starts. First you take on the haircut to deal with your growing baldness, then you try meditating in a cloister "just to see what it feels like", pretty soon you've taken up herb gardening.
The secluded life of copying religious text by hand sounds like a glamorous lifestyle at first, but trust me, it's not a lifestyle you want to get sucked into, you'll spend every florin you make you make on rosaries and renovating churches.

Hehehehehe. :))
I wish I could fit all of that in my sig...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101652 on: March 16, 2013, 11:52:50 pm »

Yoink. Sigtext thread.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101653 on: March 16, 2013, 11:53:41 pm »

Wait, you're a guy? :o
:P
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #101654 on: March 17, 2013, 12:00:09 am »

I thought you were a girl too.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 6775 6776 [6777] 6778 6779 ... 13325