Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6728 6729 [6730] 6731 6732 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808584 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100935 on: March 10, 2013, 05:48:39 pm »

You probably missed the point, little as it was. But lets not have a relationships pity party in this topic guys. It was bad enough when everyone took it upon themselves to say no valentines day discussion in here when it really wasn't their choice.
On a totally different subject, Valentine's day is the spawn of hallmark-infused satanists. Just saying. There aer about a thousand "supposed" traditions it comes from, but's it's all a hallmark conspiracy.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100936 on: March 10, 2013, 05:52:06 pm »

I still can't help liking it, even though I've never been on the receiving end of one before.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100937 on: March 10, 2013, 05:54:51 pm »

I still can't help liking it, even though I've never been on the receiving end of one before.

I dont. In my experience it turns into some kind of hellish examination (for hetero men in particular) where there is no win situation.
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100938 on: March 10, 2013, 05:57:25 pm »

None of the straight men I know enjoyed it any less than their significant others. And if romance is the goal, quite a few people won.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100939 on: March 10, 2013, 05:59:45 pm »

Holidays in general are pretty meh for me. I could live without it, but if it winds up being romantic, then that's a good day. I just see no reason to confine it to one day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100940 on: March 10, 2013, 06:00:07 pm »

Yeah, I was trying and failing to pull a "cheer up," there. I appear to have missed.

I am actually happy about this date, but I don't know what to think.
"Weeee, what a fun ride!"?

ADAM IS ADORABLE.

THAT IS ALL.

... WHY DO I KEEP GETTING GUYS?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100941 on: March 10, 2013, 06:01:27 pm »

Yeah, I was trying and failing to pull a "cheer up," there. I appear to have missed.

I am actually happy about this date, but I don't know what to think.
"Weeee, what a fun ride!"?

ADAM IS ADORABLE.

THAT IS ALL.

... WHY DO I KEEP GETTING GUYS?
Well, you're not exactly looking for girls, now are you, pardner?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100942 on: March 10, 2013, 06:02:31 pm »

Feh!

I, as a woman who is generally treated in some ways as a man, would like a Valentine's Day in which gifts that say "I know you" are exchanged and dinner is cooked together and eaten at a table with some flowers on.  And perhaps some care is taken with appearances, seeing as that is also a weak point for me and I could stand wearing makeup once a year.  I already have been told by the world (extensively) that I don't measure up in linear comparisons with other women, so it doesn't need to be some sort of Proof of Love as Exhibited By Comparison With Other Ladies' Presents.

But I do believe in the idea that you pick a day each year in which both of you say "Hey, I can do better than this in my relationship" and then deliver--as the giver and as the receiver of such a gift.  It doesn't have to be February 14th, but seriously, I'm a believer.

Asymmetrical gift-giving makes me hella nervous ._.

Holidays in general are pretty meh for me. I could live without it, but if it winds up being romantic, then that's a good day. I just see no reason to confine it to one day.

This, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100943 on: March 10, 2013, 06:04:17 pm »

Well, no, but I'm not exactly looking for guys either.

I went on OKCupid again for a day (after months of inactivity) and found Adam.

Before that it took me a week or two to find Daryll, basically my childhood friend who I hadn't seen hide nor hair of for a year.

Before THAT I was new to the whole thing and STILL found Tyler (though I don't think I'm friends with him any more. C'est la vie...) within a month or two.

And I found Khalil at a group (just friends).

What the fuck, man.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100944 on: March 10, 2013, 06:05:18 pm »

Feh!

I, as a woman who is generally treated in some ways as a man, would like a Valentine's Day in which gifts that say "I know you" are exchanged and dinner is cooked together and eaten at a table with some flowers on.  And perhaps some care is taken with appearances, seeing as that is also a weak point for me and I could stand wearing makeup once a year.  I already have been told by the world (extensively) that I don't measure up in linear comparisons with other women, so it doesn't need to be some sort of Proof of Love as Exhibited By Comparison With Other Ladies' Presents.

But I do believe in the idea that you pick a day each year in which both of you say "Hey, I can do better than this in my relationship" and then deliver--as the giver and as the receiver of such a gift.  It doesn't have to be February 14th, but seriously, I'm a believer.

Asymmetrical gift-giving makes me hella nervous ._.

This, too.
For some reason, I'm now imagining Vector in a victorian outfit, holding a parasol, wearing harajuku makeup, and giving a lesson on the importance of ring topology. I have no idea why, but it seems like an awesome idea.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #100945 on: March 10, 2013, 06:25:01 pm »

Maybe it was FMA:B?
Nah, I've seen both series. If it was FMA:B, I'd be surprised that I have forgotten that much of it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100946 on: March 10, 2013, 06:31:33 pm »

A thousand years from now the world will be incredibly different from the one we inhabit.  A person living in the year 1000 would have probably been incapable of even imagining many of the things we take for granted, and with the increased speed of technological and societal change it seems likely that the differences between the present day and the year 3000 will be even greater.  Even the most progressive of us will appear to have held antiquated and ignorant views, our greatest struggles will be mere footnotes in history (if they're remembered at all) and major cultural/societal issues will be forgotten, presumably to be replaced by new ones.  Even the very concepts of sovereign and federated states are relatively new and may cease to exist.

Dust in the wind, eh?

I think this makes me happy.  Not 100% sure though.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100947 on: March 10, 2013, 06:32:34 pm »

I don't mind holidays, and I agree with those who say you shouldn't be confined to any particular day to do stuff. The fiance and I made Valentine's Day extra special because we wanted to, not because some corporation told us to.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100948 on: March 10, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »

The U.S. baseball team finally woke up and played well; beating Canada was just the icing on the cake.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100949 on: March 10, 2013, 06:34:27 pm »

A thousand years from now the world will be incredibly different from the one we inhabit.  A person living in the year 1000 would have probably been incapable of even imagining many of the things we take for granted, and with the increased speed of technological and societal change it seems likely that the differences between the present day and the year 3000 will be even greater.  Even the most progressive of us will appear to have held antiquated and ignorant views, our greatest struggles will be mere footnotes in history (if they're remembered at all) and major cultural/societal issues will be forgotten, presumably to be replaced by new ones.  Even the very concepts of sovereign and federated states are relatively new and may cease to exist.

Dust in the wind, eh?

I think this makes me happy.  Not 100% sure though.
He he he he

We can put ourselves into the boots and scraps of the people who walked and lived many thousands of years before us - and that's without the level of recorded history we have placed ourselves. We do not call our ancestors bigots and such because we do not judge them by modern standards - there were progressive civilizations that would put modern nations to shame today even!

Unless there was a sharp decline in the quality of historians, rest assured, the voice of reason would resonate through history.
Pages: 1 ... 6728 6729 [6730] 6731 6732 ... 13326