Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6682 6683 [6684] 6685 6686 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837762 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100245 on: February 28, 2013, 05:53:35 pm »

I'm in an oddly good mood at the moment, I dunno why.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #100246 on: February 28, 2013, 06:21:28 pm »

Lecture benches suck. Now my leg has this minor wound and when I scratch it it feels soooo gooood.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100247 on: February 28, 2013, 06:44:08 pm »

Lecture benches suck. Now my leg has this minor wound and when I scratch it it feels soooo gooood.
At least they aren't those crappy super-powered swivel chairs that constantly attempt to slam you into the legs and face you 90 degrees away from the professor if you don't have your feet bolted to the floor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100249 on: February 28, 2013, 07:23:14 pm »

I'm very happy today for my fiance. Today, the last of her family was informed that she is transgender (male to female), and everyone is accepting. She's been on hormone treatments for about a year now, and has been dressing femininely for quite some time, but today people were informed why she has long hair and such. We were also "just friends" as far as several people knew, and it's great to no longer have to hide it. I also no longer have to hide it here; there were a few threads and things where I could've shared some anecdotes relating to her and her experiences as trans, but I promised her to keep it secret until she was more comfortable about people knowing. Now, the entire world can know (if they care to; it's not like we're flaunting it. As far as most people need to know, she's just a woman like any other (because in pretty much every way that matters, she is)).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100250 on: February 28, 2013, 07:25:04 pm »

Well I'm happy to be living in a world where your fiance can feel confident in herself, kaijyuu.  :)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100251 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:13 pm »

Happy news: I figured out that a large part of my recent depression is probably a literal math addiction.  Withdrawal symptoms... the reason why I say that is because the moment that one of my courses this semester finally started to give an interesting proof, I suddenly felt a giddiness, a profound pleasure, an unexpected satisfaction... and I wanted very badly to go scurry off and get myself some more.  The feeling of wearing a wet blanket dissipated.

It's funny, but I think it explains a lot.  I should go find a textbook to work through all leisurely, once I've cleared out my to-do list a little bit more.

ETA: I also got a very nice compliment today.  I was telling someone that more exposure to math was lifting my depression, so I was more strongly considering going into the field as a necessity than an option, and he told me that he thought I should--because he'd always thought I was the smartest member of our little five-person study group last semester, even though I was really struggling with the material.

Isn't that fantastic?  I feel a lot better.
Man, I knew the whole riding out the depression thing was a bad idea, you beat a depression by finding happy things, and with stimulus packages and alphabet soup!

Yes it is fantastic, I'm very happy for you.  :]

I'm very happy today for my fiance. Today, the last of her family was informed that she is transgender (male to female), and everyone is accepting. She's been on hormone treatments for about a year now, and has been dressing femininely for quite some time, but today people were informed why she has long hair and such. We were also "just friends" as far as several people knew, and it's great to no longer have to hide it. I also no longer have to hide it here; there were a few threads and things where I could've shared some anecdotes relating to her and her experiences as trans, but I promised her to keep it secret until she was more comfortable about people knowing. Now, the entire world can know (if they care to; it's not like we're flaunting it. As far as most people need to know, she's just a woman like any other (because in pretty much every way that matters, she is)).
This is also some pretty epic happiness right here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #100252 on: February 28, 2013, 07:44:41 pm »

That is awesome.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100253 on: February 28, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »

Anyway. I'm going to move away now, so I won't be here any longer. This is actually a happy thing overall for me, sucks to be you guys.

In a semi back state now.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:38:18 am by Criptfeind »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #100254 on: February 28, 2013, 07:50:46 pm »

Welp. C'ya cript. I'll miss the skeleton thingy avatar (not that I've seen it in forever but still, I think of it when I see your posts.), which I long forgot where originated. Have fun wherever.

E:And El Criptfeind, of course. Put a sombrero on something in memorandum, maybe.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:55:59 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100255 on: February 28, 2013, 07:52:43 pm »

Anyway. I'm going to move away now, so I won't be here any longer. This is actually a happy thing overall for me, sucks to be you guys.
He will be back. They are always back. There will never not be a time when he won't be not coming back.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #100256 on: February 28, 2013, 07:55:30 pm »

Do a Fenrir!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100257 on: February 28, 2013, 07:56:56 pm »

That's some mondo big happy, Kaijyuu.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100258 on: February 28, 2013, 08:19:35 pm »

YAY!
Finally got my homework program working.
When I started working on the second part yesterday, I thought it was 30-50% done.
It turns out I was like 10% done, and what I thought would be 2 or 3 hours of programming turned into 10+ hours.

Everything is now working as planned, and all the annoying bugs have been wrinkled out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:34:56 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100259 on: February 28, 2013, 08:27:16 pm »

I always admired trans people because it's basically, they have to fight and kick and pay so much just to get to a place where everyone else starts at.

Not just trans people need that, of course, but it's kind of like... Obvious, with them, when it's not so obvious with others.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 6682 6683 [6684] 6685 6686 ... 13326