Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6561 6562 [6563] 6564 6565 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777923 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98430 on: January 31, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »

I don't like using a GPS because getting lost is fun.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98431 on: January 31, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »

That describes my dad so well. The only thing he uses his GPS for is to confirm if he is right. Which he never is, so the GPS must be lying.
Ah, memories.

The most wonderful thing to hear as a passenger is the driver saying something along the lines of, "I know a shortcut." After being rattled off directions spat out by a map program of some sort.

Cue having time for an extended nap before you reach the place. It's kinda' amazing people get anywhere at all when it comes to extended trips, given how hard a time so many seem to have following simple "turn here" instructions >_>
.....I'm pretty sure you've never ridden with me, but now I'm not so sure.  ???

I am semi-infamous legendary for my "shortcuts". Once took a combination of back roads through Kentucky rather than the interstate, just because it could shave about ten miles off the trip. At one point, we had to cross a river. As we got closer and closer to the river, the little road we were on got smaller and smaller and dipped down towards the river with switchback turns and rickety single-lane iron bridges that dated back to the 19th century. Eventually we got to the river and found that it was a tiny private ferry...and the operator had just locked up on the other side and was driving away for the day. Meanwhile, we could see the nice big interstate bridge about a half-mile upstream. Had to go 25 miles just to get to a road that could get us to the Interstate. >_<

Or the time I got us misdirected on the way to Grandfather Mountain and wound up in the wrong city, about 40 miles south of where we needed to go. No matter! I see a combination of lines on this map which will form a more direct route than backtracking! No matter that the lines are tiny and grey (indicating local access roads, which are universally terrible in the mountains) or that one stretch is hollow! (indicating an unpaved road)

We wound up finding a..."village" up there where I'm not entirely sure they knew the Civil War was over. Or that indoor plumbing had been invented. Later on, as we're bouncing around on this jagged gravel path in the middle of the woods with the sun going down, we drove up on a peregrine falcon feasting on a carcass. Bird just looked at us like "WTF is that thing, never seen one before."

Finally, just as my friends are about to eject me from the car and leave me for the local wildlife as punishment for getting us all into a scene out of Deliverance, we turn a corner and we're exactly where we needed to be.

REDKING USES SHORTCUT
ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98432 on: January 31, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

Driving in Mass. there are definitely plenty of places where some GPSs I've seen will outright lie to you, presumably in an attempt to get you killed.
Yup, I know some places where they installed Large (Turn Off GPS) Signs because they send you into outright deadly situations if you weren't carefull.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98433 on: January 31, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

haha justin beiber fans

LEAVE BEIBER ALONE!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98434 on: January 31, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

haha justin beiber fans

LEAVE BEIBER ALONE!
Dem sexy man boobs

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #98435 on: January 31, 2013, 05:16:25 pm »

In fairness, they do seem to have a point - until you realise Psy does not take himself seriously. :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98436 on: January 31, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »

On, re:GPS, my mother has given her GPS a deep, booming, Vincent Price-storytime type voice. The only downside is that it doesn't yell "No, you fool!" when you miss a direction.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98437 on: January 31, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

Gypsy fight

Not so much happy as it was holy crap laughing my ass off XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98438 on: January 31, 2013, 05:27:48 pm »

In fairness, they do seem to have a point - until you realise Psy does not take himself seriously. :P

I was laughing most at the belieber not getting Psy. If Psy took himself seriously and people found him sexy then the picture would be right. I don't actually care about Beiber. I'll admit I find those lyrics of his they posted pretty unimpressive.

I do find it as evidence of a trend in most musical interests. You'd think people would flock to the artists that have the "best" music, but it's more like they flock to whoever they want and then construct their definition of "best" around their favorites.

Your artist is weepy and cares about the world? Well, clearly the best music is the stuff that tries to make a difference and draw attention to suffering. Your artists writes love songs? Well, clearly the best music is the stuff that captures emotion. Your artist has weak lyrics? Well, clearly the best music is determined through the whole experience rather than by lyrics alone. Your artists focuses on lyrics? Well, clearly music is just poetry put to a tune and the musical part is just a means for the lyrics to get to you.

I don't think this is anything new, but some shitty belieber on tumblr has inspired me to think about it in depth.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98439 on: January 31, 2013, 05:28:27 pm »

I don't like using a GPS because getting lost is fun.
Better not use this attitude if you ever apply for some job requiring driving :P

Gypsy fight

Not so much happy as it was holy crap laughing my ass off XD
Yes, because gang beatdowns are hi-larious  ::)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98440 on: January 31, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »

Not so much the beatdowns (tho there are some funny lightsaber battle bits) as the music backing all of it which somehow makes it extremely funny :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98441 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:45 pm »

If I want to laugh as gang beatings, I watch West Side Story.

You can safely laugh at this though. :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98442 on: January 31, 2013, 05:38:47 pm »

Not so much the beatdowns (tho there are some funny lightsaber battle bits) as the music backing all of it which somehow makes it extremely funny :S
Benny Hill's theme would not make this funny.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98443 on: January 31, 2013, 05:42:03 pm »

Benny Hill's theme would not make this funny.
Benny Hill theme and speeding up the video?
I haven't actually watched it but I can guess pretty easy what it'll be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6561 6562 [6563] 6564 6565 ... 13325