Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5879 5880 [5881] 5882 5883 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797342 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88200 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:03 pm »

My date last night went outrageously well. He met me for coffee at 5:15 and we stayed there until 9:00 talking to each other. After that we went walking along the river for an hour and then finally ate supper at 10:00. By the time his bus showed up it was about 11:30. Pretty much every moment past the first 30 minutes we were both smiling and laughing. Best date ever. I even got manhugs.

Did I mention this was my first legitimate date, or that we met on a dating site? Seriously I can't imagine it going any better.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88201 on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:39 pm »

My date last night went outrageously well. He met me for coffee at 5:15 and we stayed there until 9:00 talking to each other. After that we went walking along the river for an hour and then finally ate supper at 10:00. By the time his bus showed up it was about 11:30. Pretty much every moment past the first 30 minutes we were both smiling and laughing. Best date ever. I even got manhugs.

Did I mention this was my first legitimate date, or that we met on a dating site? Seriously I can't imagine it going any better.
Fuck yes, man :D I can only hope my first guy date goes as well.

EDIT: DESCAN LET'S MAKE OUT
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88202 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:05 pm »

Gagnam style stays a good song.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88203 on: September 14, 2012, 12:12:37 pm »

Room temperature superconductors!
Dammit, you got me all excited, and then I read that it's basically in a useless form and not even confirmed.  :-\
It's still important news on the way to actual, usable, we-now-have-flying-cars room temperature superconductors. Plus, this is MIT we're talking about. They don't publish things that are utterly superficial.

Journey of a thousand miles and all that, etc.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88204 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:59 pm »

Starts best when you jack some poor fool's car.

You hear that, aliens? Hurry up and park something groundbreaking somewhere we can reach it. You don't have to leave the keys in, but it'd be nice.

E: P.S. You can have the chassis mostly back when we're done. But we're keeping the rims. And the engine. And everything but the walls. We're only keeping some of the walls. Material science, y'know.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:19:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88205 on: September 14, 2012, 12:20:27 pm »

I think the city would have long been nuked by then.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88206 on: September 14, 2012, 12:21:50 pm »

You hear that, aliens? Hurry up and park something groundbreaking somewhere we can reach it. You don't have to leave the keys in, but it'd be nice.
I do love how the plot of all the X-Com games is basically humanity hijacking all the alien technology we come into contact with in a matter of weeks and turning it against them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88207 on: September 14, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »

I do love how the plot of all the X-Com games is basically humanity hijacking all the alien technology we come into contact with in a matter of weeks and turning it against them.

Of course! Humanity is great at fucking around with things we only kinda understand. FOR SCIENCE!
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #88208 on: September 14, 2012, 12:46:55 pm »

Of course! Humanity is great at fucking around with things we only kinda understand. FOR SCIENCE!
Fucking around with things we don't/only kind of understand is sort of the definition of science :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88209 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:11 pm »

And of course, the plot of Roadside Picnic (and by extension, the STALKER series) is exactly that. Aliens dump a bunch of gadgets on Earth and leave. We proceed to try and figure how to use and/or reverse-engineer them and mostly die in horrific ways.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88210 on: September 14, 2012, 01:00:50 pm »

Quote from: A Asse Butte
OK friends, I need you to email me your addresses to -snip- with 'SHIRTS' in the subject line. Be sure to also include your internet name as well so I know who it is. Your real name is probably important too but what do I know! I'd like to get this done next week some time so gys pls

I have the shirts separated and now just need a place to mail them.

Huzzah!
*Hugs*

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #88211 on: September 14, 2012, 01:02:00 pm »

So I'm to expect more mail turning up at my house? :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88212 on: September 14, 2012, 01:02:19 pm »

Eeyup.jpg
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88213 on: September 14, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »

Kickass, Orson Scott Card is coming my school, HOLY SHIT IM MEETING A AUTHOR FOR A GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88214 on: September 14, 2012, 01:04:27 pm »

And of course, the plot of Roadside Picnic (and by extension, the STALKER series) is exactly that. Aliens dump a bunch of gadgets on Earth and leave. We proceed to try and figure how to use and/or reverse-engineer them and mostly die in horrific ways.
Well, yes. There's always that off chance the xenotech is powered by Azathoth or somethin'. Tings go down in dat scenario :P

I've read a good chunk of nice fanfiction playing off the very concept. Fun stuff~ Though even with that, we do tend towards figuring out stuff faster. Just... somewhat less safe.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5879 5880 [5881] 5882 5883 ... 13325