Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5878 5879 [5880] 5881 5882 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795834 times)

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88185 on: September 14, 2012, 07:31:54 am »

Hooray! Today I picked up the kitten I found on the side of the road a few days ago from the vet. He's all good now, and is currently making himself comfortable on my lap. Yay for company! I need to give him a name too. Hmm.

Edit: I'm dying of cuteness overload. Little fluffy kitten naww..

You got a decent name for him right there.  :)

Any how, good luck raising and keeping a cat.
Also, I am kinda envious.  :P

Yes...Little Fluffy it is! I quite like that. I see many adventures in our future!
I've always wanted a cat, and Little Fluffy has also given me a much needed kick up the bum to get out of a horrible rut I have been in for far too long. :D

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88186 on: September 14, 2012, 08:09:27 am »

Hooray! Today I picked up the kitten I found on the side of the road a few days ago from the vet. He's all good now, and is currently making himself comfortable on my lap. Yay for company! I need to give him a name too. Hmm.

Edit: I'm dying of cuteness overload. Little fluffy kitten naww..

You got a decent name for him right there.  :)

Any how, good luck raising and keeping a cat.
Also, I am kinda envious.  :P

Yes...Little Fluffy it is! I quite like that. I see many adventures in our future!
I've always wanted a cat, and Little Fluffy has also given me a much needed kick up the bum to get out of a horrible rut I have been in for far too long. :D

* Urist McPenguinhead cancels job: Interrupted by cute kitten

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #88187 on: September 14, 2012, 08:20:14 am »

Off to see Blargityblarg's band play. :D

Gonna be awesome.

It was fantastic. According to Blarg, I am the second Internet Friend to see Midriff Explosion live, the first being Jackrabbit.

They just SMASHED the stage, it was fantastic. I'ma spread the word.

Jack hasn't seen us, actually. He just receives inexplicable phone calls every so often.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #88188 on: September 14, 2012, 08:22:07 am »

It's too bad I'm in the wrong hemisphere to see you play, Blarg. Do you have any recordings online?

You exploded your fingertips. How you do this I must know.
Turns out I have a little bit of time this morning, so I'll explain.

Normally, I run with my hands in loose fists, not moving my arms overmuch. When I start sprinting, I change to sprinting form. That means straight hands and moving my arms much more, taking my fingertips from 'cheek to cheek' as my coach would say. Anyway, I was doing a hill workout where I would run up a hill (about a 30 degree slope) for three blocks, jog down, and do it again until I had done it 12 times. When I went to my sprinting for at the bottom, my fingers were suddenly at the end of a long, swinging arm, and my blood decided to go chill out at the ends there. I jogged down to the bottom, which gave it a little (not enough) time to drain, and did the same thing again. By the time I was done, I had 8 bruised and swollen fingertips. (My thumbs were fine.) I iced them for a while and it's better now, but still a bit tingly.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88189 on: September 14, 2012, 08:36:45 am »

Barbarossa, I saw a guy who looked just like you. Blargityblarg disagrees, but besides the sideburns I reckon he could be your long lost Australian cousin.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88190 on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:54 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5F8AgnQUr4&playnext=1&list=PL46D838D72CF15349&feature=results_main

Enough concrete mortar, and a sturdy wooden/steel support frame and it would be physically possible. Damn thing looks like it would last a long time too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:42:20 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #88192 on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:55 am »

It's too bad I'm in the wrong hemisphere to see you play, Blarg. Do you have any recordings online?

Our Facebook page has a recording on it: http://www.facebook.com/midriffexplosion
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88193 on: September 14, 2012, 09:15:47 am »

My car is alive! It's ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #88194 on: September 14, 2012, 09:48:50 am »

1. I passed all the exams!

2. I got slice of wonderful zebra cake.

3. This image.

I'm triple happy today! :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88195 on: September 14, 2012, 10:17:56 am »

Room temperature superconductors!
Dammit, you got me all excited, and then I read that it's basically in a useless form and not even confirmed.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #88196 on: September 14, 2012, 10:21:00 am »

Room temperature superconductors!
Dammit, you got me all excited, and then I read that it's basically in a useless form and not even confirmed.  :-\

Hey, if we find out WHAT is doing the superconducting then maybe we can make something useful. But yeah, a long shot really. I'll be as cautiously optimistic about this as I was about the FTL neutrinos.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #88197 on: September 14, 2012, 10:47:56 am »

Well as they themselves said: "This proves that there might be a remote possibilty that room-temp superconductors actually exist". So yeah, big deal but not major.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88198 on: September 14, 2012, 12:03:27 pm »

My date last night went outrageously well. He met me for coffee at 5:15 and we stayed there until 9:00 talking to each other. After that we went walking along the river for an hour and then finally ate supper at 10:00. By the time his bus showed up it was about 11:30. Pretty much every moment past the first 30 minutes we were both smiling and laughing. Best date ever. I even got manhugs.

Did I mention this was my first legitimate date, or that we met on a dating site? Seriously I can't imagine it going any better.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88199 on: September 14, 2012, 12:06:38 pm »

So uh yeah, starting the day with 20th century club music at 3:am is apparently better than coffee, and worse than an overactive thyroid gland :P
Pages: 1 ... 5878 5879 [5880] 5881 5882 ... 13325