Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5880 5881 [5882] 5883 5884 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795947 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88215 on: September 14, 2012, 01:05:08 pm »

Kickass, Orson Scott Card is coming my school, HOLY SHIT IM MEETING A AUTHOR FOR A GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!!
Just hope he doesn't monologue about how gays are evil.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88216 on: September 14, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »

Gagnam style stays a good song.
Y'know, I actually haven't seen the Gangnam Style video yet (heard about it, particularly the in-culture context).

*goes to YouTube to find it*

167 MILLION FUCKING VIEWS??!?!?!

*watches*

I...err...WTFKOREA?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88217 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:05 pm »

Gangnam Style is probably going to end up the most watched video on Youtube, and I'm alright with that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88218 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:29 pm »

Kickass, Orson Scott Card is coming my school, HOLY SHIT IM MEETING A AUTHOR FOR A GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!!
That's right I forgot he's a raving Mormon homophobe too, damnit Kai don't jinx this shit or im finding you for ruining a happy moment :P

I know you are here somewhere

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88219 on: September 14, 2012, 01:10:07 pm »

Gangnam Style is probably going to end up the most watched video on Youtube, and I'm alright with that.
As am I. It's actually a good song.

That's right I forgot he's a raving Mormon homophobe too, damnit Kai don't jinx this shit or im finding you for ruining a happy moment :P

I know you are here somewhere
Mwahahaha

I'm like a 20 minute drive away from you. Please don't murder me in my sleep.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88220 on: September 14, 2012, 01:10:30 pm »

Will it surpass rickroll?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88221 on: September 14, 2012, 01:11:13 pm »

rickroll is distributed amongst a great many videos, which keep getting taken down.

So probably, yes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88222 on: September 14, 2012, 01:11:20 pm »

Card used to be pretty normal when he'd come speak at UNC-Greensboro. Of course, that's been 10+ years ago...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #88223 on: September 14, 2012, 01:13:54 pm »

Given that statement and your predicament kai I now determined that you live south of which I frequent alot for work and school.

Soon............

Edit: I just had to give my father my laptop, this phone sucks
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:15:40 pm by Tellemurius »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88224 on: September 14, 2012, 01:24:05 pm »

Card used to be pretty normal when he'd come speak at UNC-Greensboro. Of course, that's been 10+ years ago...
In 1990 he was arguing that sodomy laws should stay on the books and be under high priority enforcement. He was always a nutjob, he just wasn't as public about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88226 on: September 14, 2012, 01:30:41 pm »

So I got an interview at my boyfriends work, in the same position oh ho ho as him!

Happy happy joy joy
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88227 on: September 14, 2012, 01:36:50 pm »

So I got an interview at my boyfriends work, in the same position oh ho ho as him!

Happy happy joy joy
:D

Hope you get the job!

And Orson Scott Card is a good writer. I quite liked Ender's Game and the couple other books of his I've read. In fact, I think I think a lot like him (I predict his books halfway through, heh). But yeah, his politics are on the wacky side.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88228 on: September 14, 2012, 01:49:25 pm »

I just figured out Darth Vader is the hero of those movies. No, wait a minute. I mean he finds out he has a son, and the first thing he says is, "Join me Luke. We can rule the galaxy together as father and son." Dude, that's responsibility right there. We get pissed at dead beat dads all the time. Here's a guy who has NO one pressuring him to take care of his kid and the minute he figures it out, he wants to share his fortune with him.

Now, I am gonna have to call a party foul on him when he cut off his kid's hand, but up to that point....

Star Wars is nothing but Vader getting hosed while trying to do what he honestly thinks is right. Starts out as a slave child for cripes sakes. Manages to overcome that. Gets caught up in an intergalactic war he never wanted, tries to prevent a military order's overthrowing the government, loses like most of his limbs, and then nobody bothers to tell him he has kids after his wife dies. Gets stuck playing second fiddle to some executive jackass until he finally gets the chance to go down swinging while making sure said executive jackass doesn't hurt anybody else. Hero.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:52:52 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88229 on: September 14, 2012, 01:51:10 pm »

Yeah I always felt that part was kinda heartwarming. Betray the big evil guy, rule the galaxy as father and son, bring peace to all...

The whole sith lord thing might get in the way eventually though. So maybe Luke made the right choice.
Pages: 1 ... 5880 5881 [5882] 5883 5884 ... 13325