Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5624 5625 [5626] 5627 5628 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786975 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My dad teaches chemistry and physics at a local high school, and he has a bunch of short little explanations and examples for basic chemistry problems on the school website in the form of YouTube videos. Because he wants something more interactive, he decided that he would be willing to pay me to make JavaScript applets, the first of which being about eliminating units in ratios. Despite being an incredibly inexperienced programmer, I finally finished it today.

It's the first time something in my skill set has actually paid off. From last Sunday through today, I worked 18 hours to write 1700 lines of code. I know that compared to an actual professional, I worked both very little and quite slowly (though for me it felt like I was rushing ahead as fast as my mind could troubleshoot stuff), but I think it's a pretty big step forward for a 16 year old.

Also, I've never actually finished a project like this before. It's a good feeling.

Congratulations. Is it possible to share it? Sounds interesting.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My game experienced increased dramatically after I swapped to a mushroom-headed plant-elf.
You're weird. High pitched little folk are always the best.

<- played a gnome in wow
Ordinarily I'm not averse to little creatures covered in fur, but these guys... yeah... I think you can keep your furry gnomes on this one.

I am quite enjoying being a mushroom headed plant-elf, although it does feel a little weird that I'm supposed to be some kind of ultra-hippie and yet I'm killing every stag I run into with a big hammer.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Seriously... I used to pull all-nighters for fun...
I do this all the time. However I get really assholeish.
Heh, I just lose all my inhibitions. It really freaks out people who know me, as in real life I tend to be pretty damn polite, quiet, and introverted. Once I hit around the 30 hour mark for no sleep, though, I completely zone out, detach myself, and respond to people with whatever I happen to be thinking at the time. Fortunately, I also seem to have developed the habit of avoiding my supervisors while I'm like that, or I probably would have lost my job twenty times over.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

So, I had a both happy/WTF, and it goes here. My brother, looking pensive, comes to me and says:

Bro: "Hey, man. I figured out a way to build a base on Mars." (He's the typical mad scientist type, so statement comes as no shock.)
MZ: "O...kay?"
Bro: "Yeah. We could be there by 2014!"
MZ: "You're shitting me. Do you know how long it would take to set up a base...blah blah blah [insert five minute long rant here, he stood and watched me with this hands-folded, I-have-a-deep-thought look on his face]."
Bro [deadpan]: "Do you know how quicky BP and Shell would set up bases if we told them we found oil there?"
MZ: ROFL

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Gas stations... On Mars!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Gas stations... On Mars!

Err guys... We *MIGHT* have made an oil spill on mars.

BUT THERE WASN'T EVEN ANY OIL THERE TO BEGIN WITH! WHERE ARE YOU SPILLING ALL THIS OIL FROM?!!

Lol dunno

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, we'd better start planning a Mars-Earth pipeline.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

Well, we'd better start planning a Mars-Earth pipeline.

I wonder how actually feasible this is. You know for my futurama style interplanetary traveling tubes business. 

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

It's um, not. What happens when Mars and Earth are on opposites sides of Sun?

No, what we need is an oil cannon. To shoot it at Earth.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

Yes I felt stupid after posting that, I should think things through a little bit before posting.

So your saying that a drop pod like cannon launcher would work? First we'd have to make sure that the heat from forcing their way out of the atmosphere doesn't cook the passengers alive. Or flatten them to the floor from moving to fast.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, in a discussion about organic hydrocarbons being found on Mars, thought is probably more hindrance than help.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:57:05 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

That would make the prettiest smoke fountains when it hit the atmosphere for reentry and burst into flames. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

That would make the prettiest smoke fountains when it hit the atmosphere for reentry and burst into flames. :P
I prefer to imagine it as Shell and BP bukkake'ing Earth with a bunch of petroleum.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I prefer to think of bukkake as little as possible.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You know theres more than one definition of that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:18:11 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5624 5625 [5626] 5627 5628 ... 13325