Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5592 5593 [5594] 5595 5596 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15838700 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Oh, wait...those were Njerpez? Man, fuck those guys and pass the barbecue sauce.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I assume redking does his fucking with barbecue sauce now.

And so do all of you.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Wait.. Redking you speak finnish?!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RedKing speaks every language known to man.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Steam Summer Sale. That is all.
So, speaking of these. Do already-discounted sales tend to get better as the sale goes on? I'm wondering if I should buy Skyrim now, or wait another week.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

The sales come and go, with a higher tendancy than usual for people who go for the early deal to have paid some more than they might've. Or the sale doesn't come back and they are successful grabber of cheap game.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

So, speaking of these. Do already-discounted sales tend to get better as the sale goes on? I'm wondering if I should buy Skyrim now, or wait another week.

Some do. Skyrim likely will, as well as Modern Warfare 3 (as far as hugely popular mainstream games go). They're going to sell a ton right now from people who just go "It's on sale! I want it!" and then when they put it on a day sale they'll get even more.

There's a chance they won't if they're getting enough sales just from the discount now. I remember Modern Warfare 2 didn't go on sale at all during the 2010 steam Christmas sale, and it was still in the top 5 selling games for the duration of the entire thing.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd wait. There's a chance it could go down, and it certainly won't go up in price during the sale. Unless the joy of having it now outweighs the $10-20 you could save if its sale improved.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I'd wait. There's a chance it could go down, and it certainly won't go up in price during the sale. Unless the joy of having it now outweighs the $10-20 you could save if its sale improved.
Considering I'll be cutting all luxury foods out of my diet to make the purchase, something I'm willing to do, I think I can wait a few days if it means I get to keep eating cheese, and vegetables other than spinach and broccoli, for the rest of the month.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yesssss...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Yesssss...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ammy had slightly more red marking than that. But otherwise Yesssss indeed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Went to a sci-fi themed pub quiz on Saturday. It. Was Awesome. We won everything, but even if we hadn't it was just amazing being in the company of so many like-minded people. Team names included "The Higg's Bosons", "The Flux Capacitors", "Hoverboards don't work on water", "Anthony Stewart's head" (Buffy fans) and "We're in our bunk" (Firefly fans).

Crowning moment of awesome for us was the "music" round. Everyone's immediate thought was "Sci-fi music? Wha?", but it turned out it was mostly theme tunes to things, almost all of which I got. I was in my element; years of being a huge nerd had prepared me for this day. They had in sequence:

- Opening theme from Cowboy Bebop
- Opening theme from Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Opening theme from Thunderbirds
- Opening theme from Stingray
- Opening theme from Mass Effect
- Opening theme from Halo

Its like they tailored the round specifically to me. And then the bonus "question" was to sing the captain planet theme tune. Our team didn't win. That was because our "volunteer" sang it normally and the team that won had a guy perform a William-Shatner spoken word version. We won the music round anyway on points (turns out we got 100%), and our prize was several books of star-wars recorder music, and a melody-pop each to play it on. Someone on our table managed a pretty damn good rendition of the imperial march to much applause.

It was an interesting evening, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

When it comes to fancier games, I would wait for Flash Sales (and voting) to come along to squeeze out a few more %'s value. Did that with at least Saint's Row 3 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Similar for certain indie games too, since they add Indie bundles per-day, if you're willing to wait it out a bit for them to get just a little cheaper in a bundle-package.

Oh, and this shouldn't hurt. Already mentioned it in the Steam Sales thread:
Hidden Gems of Summer Sale 2012

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

I just bought Fallout 3 GOTY and Bioshock. I am a happy man indeed.
くコ:彡

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Started playing LoL today. It's like DoTA, but with fewer bad memories, better balance, and more variety of play. I find myself using Teemo most of the time.

Now i have something else to play when D3 is starting to piss me off. Huzzah!
Pages: 1 ... 5592 5593 [5594] 5595 5596 ... 13326