Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5492 5493 [5494] 5495 5496 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771702 times)

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my god two amazing rounds of KAG. So the first round, I am alone on Trouble in Paradise, and the map gens a huge ruined castle. I spend all game fixing it up, and then go knight. By then, other people have joined the game. A stray wraith (flying explosive zombie) blows a hole in the wall, and a Z-Knight, the biggest zombie in the game and the strongest too, walks in. So I get the other knights to keep zombies off my back, and I duel the z-knight, who is twice my size, and win. By then, the castle is falling apart around us, so I book it to the roof. The other knights die or retreat to a large artificial, cliff, leaving me alone in the wrecked remains of the castle. I hold my ground as the roof falls apart around me, but eventually I am overwhelmed, and I fall back to the makeshift camp we've created. We hold out there for a while, but we are being pressed on both sides by hordes of undead foes. Every time a knight falls, the others still alive are hit harder and harder, and eventually overwhelmed. Nothing remains of the castle or makeshift camp.

The second game was slightly sillier but still awesome.

So it started sort of normally, a ruined tower being rebuilt. Then there is a long episode with an admin in a bad mood, until I convince him to leave. Then, I build a statue of him, and blow it up, claiming that the revolution begins now. So our whole team pitches in to build an enormous wooden base. Then, I start to raise the water level. People scramble to the top of the base, and begin building. As the water rises, we eventually build something resembling a ship. The water stops there and the ship sails the seas for a while, wood being scavenged from the base in dangerous underwater expeditions, and the ship is constantly maintained and repaired. At some point, the mood shifts. We are running out of wood, the wraiths are taking their toll more frequently, I don't know what factored into the change. But soon we are all panicked. The situation escalates until we are holding a fellow named Zaloski hostage in his mast-shaped house. I demanded that he give us all his gold, but he resisted. Spoolooni, an excellent shot, climbs up onto the stern. Someone brings a keg for some reason, and he shoots it for teh lulz. One explosion panics us all. Another man brings a keg and sets it at the base of Zaloski's house. Spool shoots that too, and the house comes tumbling down. In an effort to twist the situation around, I declare to everyone that the zombie pirate mafia has taken control of the ship.

"You all saw what happened to Zaloski! He didn't give us his gold, we blew up his house... while he was in it."

Secretly, I hatched a plan with another friend, Florence, to bring the ship down. We undermined all but one of the supports, and placed a keg at the last one. I advised everyone to jump ship, and lit it. The ship sank into the water, many waiting until the last second to jump, and some not jumping at all, but instead going down with the ship. I lowered the water level, and we were able to feel solid ground for the first time in days. I instituted a new world order; the mafia ruled, though for now we ruled in peace. Everyone could sense that the world was coming slowly to a close, but all the mistrust, paranoia, stupidity, and rampant explosions culminated in yet another tense situation. Once again Zaloski was cornered in his tower, because sheltering refugees from the mafia's law. This time, we had a cata aimed at the base of his house, and loaded with a keg. If spool dropped the cata, it would fire. But unbeknownst to all of us, Florence had a plan as well. He was undermining the tower we stood at with the cata, and when he finished it came crashing down. Spool was killed in the destruction, and the cata fired straight and true. The base of Zaloski's tower was destroyed completely, and the rest of the tower followed suit. Everyone died.

It was awesome :p

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

-AMAZING THINGS HERE-
I need this game. Any server suggestions?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-AMAZING THINGS HERE-
I need this game. Any server suggestions?

Trouble in Paradise? :p a friend and I run that. Other than that, the MOLE server is pretty great. Of course, I'm an admin on there too, so might be kinda biased :p

But you can get some public servers without buying it. The two I listed are gold servers, and you need to buy KAG for those. But it's totally worth buying :b and you get all the updates and stuff. The devs are kind of... meh. But they come through in the end, most of the time.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mr. Rogers makes for an inspirational remix.

PBS, keep on continuing to be awesome.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's really relaxing to listen to.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Damn, I haven't seen Mr. Rogers in ages. Major nostalgia trip.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly this is the first time I've ever actually seen him, I know who he is from the ultimate showdown song, but apart from that, I've never had any experiences with him on account of spending my childhood in multiple European countries.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Honestly this is the first time I've ever actually seen him, I know who he is from the ultimate showdown song, but apart from that, I've never had any experiences with him on account of spending my childhood in multiple European countries.

He was a paragon of kindness, a man who had not a speck of evil in his heart.

I am dead serious about that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

To give you an idea of how much of a paragon he was, consider this story (I don't have the exact details and this may be an urban legend, so grain of salt here).

Someone stole a car from a hotel. Later that day, they saw on the news that it was Mr. Roger's car. The car was returned the next day with an apology note.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

This sums it up well.

It's a joke, but it could have totally happened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy nostalgia, Soli. That was really well done.

Aaaaaaand my Youtube walk has led me to the Symphony of Science series. Holy headfuck. So awesome. ;_;
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:37:14 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

My cold is almost gone after only two days. Also, I've made plans to visit my girlfriend in the school holidays and it is going to be so much fun.
くコ:彡

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Whitepages.com

Because it's perfectly normal to be looking up an old grade school crush at three in the morning. Yes, Google helped (though I think streetview doesn't work on iOS,which I'm using), but ultimately it was whitepages that helped me be creepy. Anonymously. Secretly. Mandatory evil laugh.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anonymously. Secretly.
Are you so sure of this?

Thunder and playing Yume Nikki right before sleeping are making me happy.
Pages: 1 ... 5492 5493 [5494] 5495 5496 ... 13325