Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5196 5197 [5198] 5199 5200 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792111 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Hey, ANYTHING original in any way would be an improvement for that series. I mean, compared to it being effectively the same game every time...

Also, laser rifles are awesome, there is no disputing that.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'll admit that I played the crap out of World at War, mostly because it was the only option I had at the time for scopeless bolt action sniping, which I had a ton of fun with. Trolling people with the flamethrower was rather fun as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Well, I discovered that the Systems Requirement Lab is utterly useless as far as this laptop goes. Thanks to the Intel graphics card, pretty much every game I enter automatically fails the minimum requirements - even if the specs on paper can beat the recommended specs. Yes, even games that I have installed and run perfectly fine on above-average quality (Rome: Total War, for instance, failed the check despite running on high graphics). Thus, whether a game will actually work or not is a crapshoot.

Why is this happy? Because I have successfully ran Dragon Age: Origins on this thing. Lowest quality, yes, but it works with only occasional slowdown. Maybe now I can finally get down to beating this game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Intel graphics card
Don't remind me, I don't need to be ranting in the raeg thread at this early in the morning. I'm in the same situation: I could run most modern AAA titles (albiet on low settings, but still) if it weren't for the Intel chipset. This has played no small part in my transition into indie, old, Source, and roguelike games.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Intel graphics card
Don't remind me, I don't need to be ranting in the raeg thread at this early in the morning. I'm in the same situation: I could run most modern AAA titles (albiet on low settings, but still) if it weren't for the Intel chipset. This has played no small part in my transition into indie, old, Source, and roguelike games.
Let me guess: Your Intel chipset is pretty much welded in, so you can't replace it, right?
so...much...rage
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Intel graphics card
Let me guess: Your Intel chipset is pretty much welded in, so you can't replace it, right?
so...much...rage
Pretty much. If I ever get the cash, I'm going to get a proper desktop rig. This laptop is technically supposed to be for writing stuff for uni (ha. ha. ha.), so I couldn't really spend too much.

But hey, I can run CS:S, DoD:S, Quake III Arena, L4D, and Killing Floor, so I can generally scratch my FPS itch. Except for a severe lack of Arma II.

3. Run Resize Enable

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

The God of Bath manhwa. So hilarious.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I got a new avatar.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Sometimes I miss split screen, why don't most games include it nowadays?
Because multiple people playing on the same console generates less profit than multiple people buying multiple copies of the game in order to play it with friends.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

Runescape referenced fey moods and artifacts in the most hilarious miniquest I have ever played in any game ever. Specifically, at one point when you enter a room you get the message "Thok is taken by a fey mood!" Your character then headbutts a rock until he gets some ore, harvests a plant by punching it, jams the items into a spinning wheel and headbutts it to produce the Best Thing Ever. Every character who sees it finds it absolutely awe-inspiring, and then noting that they have no idea what it is.
くコ:彡

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Hooray!

I know Runescape has a reference to DF before that - a dwarven character was noted as 'coming from a fort a long way away' - and his name is Urist Loric.

Quote from: Runescape Wiki
Urist is almost certainly a reference to the indie game Dwarf Fortress. There is a running joke on the game's forums where Urist is an incredibly generic name for the hapless dwarves; the market guard also references Urist's love for 'booze', which is mirrored with all dwarves in Dwarf Fortress. Urist is dwarvern for dagger. The market guard also says that "He's a craftsman from some fortress or another". Additionally when you speak to him after stealing his ruby dragon he says that "It makes me want to throw a tantrum", in Dwarf Fortress unhappy dwarves will tantrum, effectively going on a rampage that, if not carefully dealt with, can spark the downfall of the entire fortress, losing the player the game.

I grew up with that game, and I'm pleased to see it referencing my favourite game.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Oh man, I'm so excited.  The new Call of Duty game has quad-copters and crazy quadrupedal robo-tanks.

I know Call of Duty fans.  They think they're military experts, and they will not stand for this shit.

Pft, everyone knows the Space Romans fielded stalkers during world war seven.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile

Managed to fix my charger, via butchering another broken charger and fusing the two together. Should do until my new one arrives.
My cabbages!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Managed to fix my charger, via butchering another broken charger and fusing the two together. Should do until my new one arrives.

Not a good idea unless they're from the same make. Expect literal explosions and meltdowns if overused :/

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile

It was just attaching the jack from one onto the wire of the other :P
Nothing major really.
My cabbages!

Pages: 1 ... 5196 5197 [5198] 5199 5200 ... 13325