Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5197 5198 [5199] 5200 5201 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790343 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Oh man, I'm so excited.  The new Call of Duty game has quad-copters and crazy quadrupedal robo-tanks.

I know Call of Duty fans.  They think they're military experts, and they will not stand for this shit.  This is the moment we've been waiting for, a Call of Duty game is going to bomb.

I was going to say that I don't know if it's going to bomb, but actually...  Every time a company has taken the semi-realistic modern shooter dynamic, and skipped over past wars and "tomorrow's war" in fake-Iraq or Russia or whatever, and gone straight into sci-fi territory, it never does as well as Call of Duty.  Lost Planet, Battlefield 2142, QuakeWars, Bulletstorm, the Resistance series, Haze, Killzone, and so forth.  Most of them reasonably successful titles, but not all of them (did anyone but me remember Lost Planet?), and certainly none of them surpassing Call of Duty by any measure.

Except Gears of War, I guess.  That's on CoD's level...  And looking at those helicopters, and that guy's half-assed Solid Snake narration, and especially the PC with the requisite sci-fi spiky hair and sleeveless future-vest, I think the CoD guys finally realized they'd made the same game four times, and managed to be so unoriginal as to travel backwards in time.

But hey, looks pretty dramatic.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I see a trailer for Black Ops 2 with a futuristic looking aircraft chasing men on horseback. I can't wait for the shitstorm to begin within the fanboy community.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I see a trailer for Black Ops 2 with a futuristic looking aircraft chasing men on horseback. I can't wait for the shitstorm to begin within the fanboy community.

Technically speaking, that's exactly what Afghanistan looked like in October 2001.  Only war in history that featured laser-guided air strikes and mass cavalry charges, and on the same side no less.

Didn't have many (slowly) walking tanks with chaingun turrets though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I'm very much in favor of CoD causing a shitstorm within the fanboys, it gives me more places to look for ridiculousness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Oh man, I'm so excited.  The new Call of Duty game has quad-copters and crazy quadrupedal robo-tanks.

I know Call of Duty fans.  They think they're military experts, and they will not stand for this shit.  This is the moment we've been waiting for, a Call of Duty game is going to bomb.

I was going to say that I don't know if it's going to bomb, but actually...  Every time a company has taken the semi-realistic modern shooter dynamic, and skipped over past wars and "tomorrow's war" in fake-Iraq or Russia or whatever, and gone straight into sci-fi territory, it never does as well as Call of Duty.  Lost Planet, Battlefield 2142, QuakeWars, Bulletstorm, the Resistance series, Haze, Killzone, and so forth.  Most of them reasonably successful titles, but not all of them (did anyone but me remember Lost Planet?), and certainly none of them surpassing Call of Duty by any measure.

Except Gears of War, I guess.  That's on CoD's level...  And looking at those helicopters, and that guy's half-assed Solid Snake narration, and especially the PC with the requisite sci-fi spiky hair and sleeveless future-vest, I think the CoD guys finally realized they'd made the same game four times, and managed to be so unoriginal as to travel backwards in time.

But hey, looks pretty dramatic.
Pretty sure GRAW and Battlefield 2142 are still doing well today. Im surprised as Future Soldier is coming this year too so activision is up to their shenanigans again.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

To be honest, the Treyarch ones seem to be better than the Infinity ward ones after 4. Zombies mode is great and has all the best weapons, in an awesome sense and literally. I recall hearing about a lightning gun in the Japanese zombie level in WaW, and the premise behind "Five" in Black Ops is just hilarious.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I dunno, if it's in the future that implies they'll be able to add more new features.  Probably more ridiculous gimmicks like the crossbows and exploding cars.  Not that that's a bad thing.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CoD is best when it plays like a ridiculous action film. I don't see how mild military Sci-Fi could detract from that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

CoD is best when it plays like a ridiculous action film. I don't see how mild military Sci-Fi could detract from that.

Because a large portion of the fanbase thinks it's not a ridiculous action film but a realistic shooting simulation, and they won't stand for sci-fi
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I just saw the ridiculous giant cake in my profile. Woo!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Happy birthday for some hours

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because a large portion of the fanbase thinks it's not a ridiculous action film but a realistic shooting simulation, and they won't stand for sci-fi

I suppose... If you compare it to Quake. I'm just going to shake my head at 'a large portion of the fanbase' and leave it at that.

On the happy front: there was cake today.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

I'm very much in favor of CoD causing a shitstorm within the fanboys, it gives me more places to look for ridiculousness.
I love pointing out to them that each CoD game since MW has just been a reskin with new maps and the occasional new feature thrown in.

That REALLY pisses them off, it seems.

i went on there forums and it proves true!
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I love pointing out to them that each CoD game since MW has just been a reskin with new maps and the occasional new feature thrown in.

That REALLY pisses them off, it seems.

i went on there forums and it proves true!
Linky to thread? I need my daily laugh.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

+2
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 5197 5198 [5199] 5200 5201 ... 13325