Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4823 4824 [4825] 4826 4827 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15800938 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72360 on: February 23, 2012, 07:56:17 pm »

I just put together a pandora station full of cheesy 70's-80's rock music that I can sing my heart out to in the car. I'm so very glad that no one can hear me in there. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72362 on: February 23, 2012, 08:04:53 pm »

Jayne Cobb is among the best dudes. Just last night I had someone over who hadn't seen Firefly, and we put that episode on to demonstrate what he'd been missing.

"You guys had a riot..... on account o' me? My very own riot? *sniffs, hugs the girl and the dude close* How could I stay away?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72363 on: February 23, 2012, 08:07:12 pm »

Love the series, love that episode. You have good taste, ChairmanPoo.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72364 on: February 23, 2012, 08:27:01 pm »

Oh yeah. Jayne is definitely my favorite character.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72365 on: February 23, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »

Oh yeah. Jayne is definitely my favorite character.
Are we picking favourite characters now? I don't think I could pick a favourite one, they were all awesome.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #72366 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

They are all awesome. But Jayne is a special kind of awesome, you just don't see his kind of "hero" very often, if ever.

I may be something of a firefly fan, though you wouldn't know it from my signature.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72367 on: February 23, 2012, 10:43:46 pm »

Randomly checked the Guild Wars II website, and discovered that for the next 24 hours or so, they're allowing applications for their Closed Beta! Lucky!

Now, I'm not really an MMO person; I've played them before, and lost interest quickly. Guild Wars II is one exception, which I've actually been interested in enough to follow. I really like what I've seen so far; they're taking some time to seriously consider the mechanics of MMOs, and redesign the formula to make something that explores some new potential for the genre. Oh, and once you buy the game, it's free to play... none of this "monthly fee" nonsense.

The end result is something that looks and plays like Dragon Age as an MMO, where every players' decisions influence what happens to the server. There's a great level of environmental interaction as well; players can interact with and manipulate scenery objects in a number of ways; a fire can ignite dry bushes, a magic-user can shatter and fling shards of boulders, you can pick up a bar stool and smack someone with it, or *gasp* even sit in it, etc. The combat is fluid and tactical, playing a bit like a brawler; melee fighters actually dodge, strike, and parry, you can deflect projectiles, combo with other players, etc. The setting is fairly unique for a fantasy world too, with an art direction heavily influenced by painting and illustration. All in all, it looks pretty cool, and I thought I might share the news with you guys!

Gratuitous Linkage:
Guild Wars II Mannifesto
Beta Gameplay Demo
Guild Wars 2 Website

EDIT: Closed Beta, not Open. Derp a Der.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:51:19 am by Solifuge »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72368 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:53 pm »

They were doing that yesterday too, it was on Rock-Paper-Shotgun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #72369 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:03 pm »

Warning:Watching Quentin Tarantino Films for 4+ hours may cause feelings of Intense Euphoria, and may result in Watching more Quentin, which leads to yet more Intense Euphoria.

God how I would like to kiss that man's balding head. And just on principle.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:52:05 pm by jc6036 »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72370 on: February 23, 2012, 10:49:03 pm »

Quentin Tarantino*

He always looked like David Hewlett to me.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #72371 on: February 23, 2012, 10:54:19 pm »

Randomly checked the Guild Wars II website, and discovered that for the next 24 hours or so, they're allowing applications for their Open Beta! Lucky!

Now, I'm not really an MMO person; I've played them before, and lost interest quickly. Guild Wars II is one exception, which I've actually been interested in enough to follow. I really like what I've seen so far; they're taking some time to seriously consider the mechanics of MMOs, and redesign the formula to make something that explores some new potential for the genre. Oh, and once you buy the game, it's free to play... none of this "monthly fee" nonsense.

The end result is something that looks and plays like Dragon Age as an MMO, where every players' decisions influence what happens to the server. There's a great level of environmental interaction as well; players can interact with and manipulate scenery objects in a number of ways; a fire can ignite dry bushes, a magic-user can shatter and fling shards of boulders, you can pick up a bar stool and smack someone with it, or *gasp* even sit in it, etc. The combat is fluid and tactical, playing a bit like a brawler; melee fighters actually dodge, strike, and parry, you can deflect projectiles, combo with other players, etc. The setting is fairly unique for a fantasy world too, with an art direction heavily influenced by painting and illustration. All in all, it looks pretty cool, and I thought I might share the news with you guys!

Gratuitous Linkage:
Guild Wars II Mannifesto
Beta Gameplay Demo
Guild Wars 2 Website

Thanks for posting this.  I might apply.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72373 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:55 pm »

Oh wow, my character in the musical is an asshole reverend who hates rock and roll and dancing.

Can you guess what I'm doing in the finale?

If your guess was not "Singing about how I'm going to bring down this town while doing kneeslides" you guessed wrong.

"It's okay guys! I'm cool now! I totally love Rock and Roll, time for a bitching dance move! Hope you kids can keep up!"
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72374 on: February 23, 2012, 11:48:34 pm »

I got this new toy called FiiO E6 headphone amp. Little skeptical but when i plugged it in to my phone....... my god...... a symphony in my ears....... its beautiful ;_;

BEST 30 BUCKS SPENT EVER
Pages: 1 ... 4823 4824 [4825] 4826 4827 ... 13325