Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4787 4788 [4789] 4790 4791 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780725 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71820 on: February 17, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »

Things got very strange for a while, I was trying to reconcile things that can't be reconciled.  It feels good to say "I don't know, I'll never know, why bother?"

It is a pretty awesome moment when you realize you're free to just not think about something.  I expected it was like that "Don't think about an elephant" paradox, but really it's not.  It's a natural extension of being cynically aloof.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71821 on: February 17, 2012, 11:53:44 pm »

Welcome to the club :3  It's kinda strange for a while, believing there really isn't a god, but it's a very freeing feeling compared to believing in one that demands control and submission.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71822 on: February 17, 2012, 11:53:59 pm »

Ah the art of being jaded, a dear friend to me.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71823 on: February 18, 2012, 12:05:13 am »

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:06:46 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #71824 on: February 18, 2012, 12:06:06 am »

Let's castle it up.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71825 on: February 18, 2012, 12:50:45 am »

I was trying to reconcile things that can't be reconciled.
Out of curiosity (and ignore this if it's personal or you don't want to share it or something), what were you trying to reconcile?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71826 on: February 18, 2012, 12:54:40 am »

This is really impressive:  http://www.suchablog.com/le-son-holophonique-le-future-de-la-hi-fi

Listen to the first one with headphones, and make sure you are using stereo, not surround sound.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71827 on: February 18, 2012, 01:03:53 am »

I'm not sure what I just listened to.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #71828 on: February 18, 2012, 01:27:29 am »

I'm not sure what I just listened to.
You were listening to the future. :D

I am curious as to how easy such an effect would be to replicate in software, specifically as it applies to games. The dampening of sound and altering of time of arrival due to positioning of microphones and the mannequin head between them I would think would be quite easy, but I'm not sure how much the apparently ear-shaped parts would affect on it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #71829 on: February 18, 2012, 01:29:03 am »

Oh jeez, I could feel it.  I could feel the bag on my head, and I moved away from the scissors that were dangerously close to my ears.

I could see this being a huge asset for video games.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71830 on: February 18, 2012, 01:30:20 am »

Well, going to head out to MegaCon 2012 tomorrow morning. According to at least a Youtube video or 2, I think I chose wisely to postpone my arrival until tomorrow; that'll be when things get more interesting (people, events, costumes overall, exhibits). Got my costume ready (Going as a dwarven noble caught in a web (okay, I just printed a magenta curses ☺ on a sheet of paper. It was the only other ink in my printer that was still full)); takes less than a second to put on and off as I go about the place. I'm sure it'll catch a few people off-guard.

Wish me the best of luck, because traffic may be hellish once I get close to the place. Thank goodness I'm familiar with the roads on the way there. I'll be sure to try and take some photos while I'm there.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71831 on: February 18, 2012, 01:33:54 am »

This is really impressive:  http://www.suchablog.com/le-son-holophonique-le-future-de-la-hi-fi

Listen to the first one with headphones, and make sure you are using stereo, not surround sound.
That was really fun. Reminds me of when I listen to the intro to Adventure Time with headphones on and I get that weird feeling when the "swoosh" sound happens. Like it's actually swooshing past my ears.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71832 on: February 18, 2012, 01:35:22 am »

My eyes kept on doing the automatic "trying to track someone I can't see" thing.  I actually flinched when they did the "rapping on the back of your head" thing, and my hackles went up when the people "came closer" the way they usually do when people get in my personal space.

Oh, and I prepared to punch the guy when he whispered in my ear.  I could see hating this thing's realism in the end, actually... haha >__>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71833 on: February 18, 2012, 01:41:26 am »

Actually I think it would be quite cool if games used this kind of thing to have people whisper in you ears. Maybe for a shoulder angel/devil kind of thing, or perhaps in some sort of horror context.

Yessss, I can see a lot of good uses for this kind of thing in first person horror games. Maybe I should talk to the guys who made Penumbra/Amnesia.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71834 on: February 18, 2012, 01:42:06 am »

Haha, yeah.  The voice right next to my ear made all the hairs on my neck stand up.

If they had something like this in horror video games I'm not sure I could play them. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 4787 4788 [4789] 4790 4791 ... 13325