Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4707 4708 [4709] 4710 4711 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769263 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70620 on: February 03, 2012, 03:40:31 pm »

Does the phase "My Spoon is Too Big" mean anything to you?

Saw parts 2&3 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1IUX0Qy-IDM last night in a real theater and met the artist; He locks himself away for years at a time, handcrafting wonderful things. Which I'm sure you all can appreciate.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #70621 on: February 03, 2012, 04:03:52 pm »

Saw parts 2&3 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1IUX0Qy-IDM last night in a real theater and met the artist; He locks himself away for years at a time, handcrafting wonderful things. Which I'm sure you all can appreciate.

At first, I was like: lol

And then, I was like: wat, lol

And finally, I was like: wat
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #70622 on: February 03, 2012, 04:15:30 pm »

"Do you want to go see a Movie?"

Cool, thanks for this, I loved it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70623 on: February 03, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »

Woah I watched all 17 minutes of this.  17.  Seventeen.  This number haunts me everywhere.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70624 on: February 03, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »

They're making me play guitar for the jazz band now.

First step: learn jazz chord notation.

Second step: figure out how to play the not-base-notes of said chords on the fly.

Third step: fuck yeah.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70625 on: February 03, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »

So I'm feeling kinda down, earlier my parents were arguing and I think I might just cry.
I'm slouched back in my chair staring at a blank screen with a sigh.
When out of the bottom right corner something catches my eye.
It's Jade with a rifle, flying up high saying UPDATE.
So I click on her face, and my eyes begin to dry,
I watch a rap battle, the lamest of the lame.
And there's really no denying this shit's damn tame.
But an update's an update, it's all the same.

Just saying, that last update had great timing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70626 on: February 03, 2012, 10:17:34 pm »

Oh, man, I love Don Hertzfeldt. We did a study on him in our animation class (even though we were supposed to be learning Maya.  ::))

I have Internet again, too, so happy!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70627 on: February 03, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »

So I was the only person in my entire 400-person-seating lecture hall who could answer a certain computer science question, even after five minutes of group discussion.  Verily, the professor did look taken aback, and said: "That's amazing," and the masses did begin applauding and whistling, and did not stop for well nigh thirty seconds.

It is a matter of fortune alone that the relater of this tale, that beautiful and brilliant young mathematician, has managed to keep her modest mien.  She is so fucking humble today <3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #70628 on: February 03, 2012, 10:30:34 pm »

So I was the only person in my entire 400-person-seating lecture hall who could answer a certain computer science question, even after five minutes of group discussion.  Verily, the professor did look taken aback, and said: "That's amazing," and the masses did begin applauding and whistling, and did not stop for well nigh thirty seconds.

It is a matter of fortune alone that the relater of this tale, that beautiful and brilliant young mathematician, has managed to keep her modest mien.  She is so fucking humble today <3

So... what was the question?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70629 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »

*high five*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70630 on: February 03, 2012, 10:32:50 pm »

Kick ass.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70631 on: February 03, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »

I saw a bunch of extended family today, and while I thought it was going to be a boring gathering, I met this one 10-year-old who is JUST like what I was when I was 10. We laughed about video games and computers and philosphy and astronomy for a while, and another cousin gave us a pop quiz on astronomy, which I aced being a senior in high school. He was baffled, but I was tickled.

All in all, very fun. The great thing about these past couple of years is that I seem to have magically become not socially awkward. I can get to know and strike up a conversation with anyone. Heck, recently I gave a speech to a large group in speech class, which is something I've always thought I'd be terrible at, and got an A on it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70632 on: February 03, 2012, 10:41:11 pm »

Genetics is amazing isn't it?
I have seen old photos my my uncle, and he looked just like an older version of myself. I have never met him, but I'm told I am a lot like him, especially as far as alcohol is concerned.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70633 on: February 03, 2012, 10:44:46 pm »

Like I'm going to tell you and ruin the story >_>  It was a question that's very simple to answer if you have an elementary understanding of recursion and can think flexibly (since we're in the third week of class, after all), but apparently this roomful of engineers, despite the apparently universal knowledge of mathematical induction, couldn't for the lives of them figure out this elementary problem.  It did take a little bit of cleverness, to be honest.

*MaximumFives*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70634 on: February 03, 2012, 10:46:15 pm »

Oh be nice! You know I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what could stump a room of 400, bar the best and brightest!
What could bewilder Prof. Fruity?
Pages: 1 ... 4707 4708 [4709] 4710 4711 ... 13325