Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4589 4590 [4591] 4592 4593 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787621 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68850 on: January 05, 2012, 10:36:08 pm »

Well, I no long have to worry about having my ass smacked at work. It wasn't really the solution I was hoping for, but it's a solution nonetheless. Got my shift changed. Honestly, I'm just glad anything was done at all considering the person I was reporting is the assistant manager and the manager's best friend who gets away with everything.

ed: Oh, and Life in a Medieval Village arrived today. Short stories about 12th century peasants milling grain and then dying of the flu here I come!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:47:26 pm by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68851 on: January 05, 2012, 11:36:31 pm »

@Janet

Maid RPG wouldn't happen to be the thing you were trying to play last night but couldn't?

It sounds very fun, maybe if I'm ever in a position to try it, I will.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68852 on: January 06, 2012, 12:29:13 am »

Those sandwich elements that hummus doesn't go well with, as far as I know, like fresh sweet fruit, are generally served quite adequately with some chocolate hazelnut spread.

Together, the two have pretty much the entire sandwich gamut covered.

So the real question is: How does hummus taste with sauerkraut?
Miraculously, that was going to be the combination I test tomorrow. Hummus, sauerkraut, spinach. I'll let you know how it goes, shall I?

In unrelated news, I have three pieces of rough amethyst that I've been carrying around with me. I've taken to grinding them against one another when I get bored or stressed. The texture, the friction, for whatever incomprehensible reason, this is incredibly relaxing.

Downside: my, that was rather a surprising amount of blood you managed to start leaking, thumb. I noticed when it started dripping. Nothing so bad that a minute or two of pressure didn't stop it, but still. I'm probably going to have to be a bit less vigorous about that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68853 on: January 06, 2012, 01:45:53 am »

Yahtzee's reviews. Five minutes of hilarious, informative, elaborate bitching about game experiences.

Also Castle Story and the X-COM game. Neither is likely to be done for years, and the X-COM game intrigues me more because it's Firaxis than because it's a real X-COM game, but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68854 on: January 06, 2012, 02:57:56 am »

*Vaguely aware that the news is playing in the same room*
*Look up*
*Klu klux clan is making some apology for some ass hole thing they gone done did*
Heh.
*Headline is 'Racist idiots'*
HA!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68856 on: January 06, 2012, 04:36:29 am »

I had one of the better days I've had in years.

Saw Sherlock Holmes II again in theaters with my queer friend Daisy, having had a movie night for the first one a couple days prior, who squeed just as much as I did in all the right parts, covered his mouth because he was so happy and shocked to get to see the things he did in a mainstream movie, and is also rooting for a 3rd-movie kiss.  Our friend M. bought us a surprise bag of jumbo popcorn, too, and we all ate the tangerines we smuggled into the theater; Aisy, Daisy's brother, supplied a powerful affection for Irene Adler.  Then we went home and had a huge dinner:

Vietnamese-style rice porridge with red and green home-made kimchee on top plus pickled garlic cloves (with turkey bits and entire preserved anchovies for those who wanted them), potato salad, paratha with orange and elderflower marmalade, black Arabian tea with sweetened condensed milk, and a key lime pie with whipped cream and a crumb crust.

Dinner was pretty dang eclectic, because we were four hungry guys and we thought we'd made way too little porridge for ourselves and my friends' parents, so we made a bunch of weird things with whatever we could find to eat.  Then it turned out that we had made porridge for probably 10 people rather than 5, so we just had a totally bizarre dinner with leftovers for a long time.

It was good, though.  Really good.  Fabulous.  Delicious.

Then Daisy and I walked around for an hour or so outside squeeing and working off that huge dinner, and he now really, really wants to know about the more "interesting" scenes from Metal Gear Solid, because he thinks the gay overtones sound awesome and cute.  I'm going to send him links to the Chip and Ironicus LPs.  The other two dudes mostly sat inside playing with their computers and keeping warm; the one time when M came with us, we ended up deciding that we had to take some fashionable pictures of Daisy with my fab new purple butterfly umbrella, because M is really good at photos and the umbrella is going to be really, really cute with Daisy.

After that, we played a Korean board game, which was really fun.  We ended up shouting a lot and making a lot of noise, especially when Daisy won (we'd been trying to keep him from winning for most of the game, and there was a huge amount of semi-dishonest kibitzing involved).

Then we all had more pie and tea.  Daisy, Aisy (Daisy's annoying younger brother), and M walked me home.  I hugged Daisy and M, and Aisy and I poked each other, play-fought, and made silly faces to say goodbye.  We're probably going to get together to play Settlers of Cataan and see the Ghibli Earthsea movie, and take all those photos, tomorrow.

I'm so happy.  It was really good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68857 on: January 06, 2012, 04:49:20 am »

This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VIs00QjiJZQ#!
Wow, that's awesome. I'd sort of assume it'd get uncomfortable after a little bit, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68858 on: January 06, 2012, 05:01:43 am »

Started reading the various articles in the SCP Foundation. Most of those are really good.

Any particular SCP that you guys can recommend to me for either their scariness factor or their jokes?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68859 on: January 06, 2012, 05:32:12 am »

Started reading the various articles in the SCP Foundation. Most of those are really good.

Any particular SCP that you guys can recommend to me for either their scariness factor or their jokes?

Number 24 is the original SCP, and gives me nightmares to this day.

The flesh that hates is pretty good too.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68860 on: January 06, 2012, 05:39:18 am »

I don't know, I found most to be some what second rate and unimaginative. Suffering from 'over powered' syndrome, where every rune brings an end, every actor is a mindless unstoppable power, and every artefact holds the secrets to everything. When I read most of them, all I can see are the people behind their keyboards, all wanting their SCP to be the best by making it the most of what ever field it occupies. It is the mundane, yet otherworldly that I find interesting.

Cue Terry Prattchet, if only he did horror.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68861 on: January 06, 2012, 05:54:08 am »

nope
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 05:25:49 am by Reudh »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68862 on: January 06, 2012, 05:57:26 am »

I find SCP-173 to be pretty damn creepy, and this animation doesn't help.

Happiness: Had a marathon Katawa Shoujo session and finished Hanako's story. Humanity has now redeemed itself quite a lot in my eyes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68863 on: January 06, 2012, 08:10:07 am »

I went to Sovereign Hill (an international tourist attraction in western Victoria, Australia) which is basically Victoria in the Gold Rush circa 1840-1880.

I gots me a cane. My eyes look tiny because 1. they are, and 2. the sun is bright as anything up in Ballarat.

Spoiler: Big image beware! (click to show/hide)

Didja get anything from the sweet shop? It's awesome, especially the raspberry drops. You can watch them being made, too.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68864 on: January 06, 2012, 08:39:31 am »

The Things Dr. Bright is Not Allowed to do at the Foundation.

Even though it's not a proper SCP.
Pages: 1 ... 4589 4590 [4591] 4592 4593 ... 13325