Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4591 4592 [4593] 4594 4595 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787649 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68880 on: January 06, 2012, 12:03:38 pm »

Wait until in two months. That's the real milestone there.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68881 on: January 06, 2012, 02:27:16 pm »

I've been accepted into Fitocracy! Now to exercise the shit out of my various bodyparts.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68882 on: January 06, 2012, 02:31:57 pm »

I think I'm going to do an image Let's Play of The Sims 3. Because I've always wanted to do a Let's Play.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68883 on: January 06, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »

Yay!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68884 on: January 06, 2012, 02:47:49 pm »

I shall take your "Yay!" as a sign of approval, the game is on.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68885 on: January 06, 2012, 03:05:19 pm »

Made my first foray into Total War: Shogun 2 avatar multiplayer today. First battle a 2v2 where we more or less 1v1'd the opponents across from us (except for one guys cavalry units which I chased into my allies army). Cue getting called a hacker because I supposedly have access to units I shouldn't have due to my 0 rank. Only reason I can think of that I had those units might be because I have all the DLC and I joined the B12 clan that was on there as soon as I connected. Speaking of which does anyone here still play Total War: Shogun 2?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68886 on: January 06, 2012, 03:16:02 pm »

While at home sick yesterday (and tending to a sick 5-year old), we played some Costume Quest together. Got up to the final boss fight (I think) before stopping for the day. It's a nice little game. Good intro to the adventure genre for younger players. It's a good bit like Final Fantasy For Kids, but with Tim Schafer's writing and sense of humor. But all of the mechanics are tried-and-true JRPG.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #68887 on: January 06, 2012, 04:03:01 pm »

I am a complete idiot.

In the largest case I've ever had.... Today, I "found," but really was offered $100,000 cash to withdraw as counsel from a case. I don't even carry cash in my wallet anymore, so seeing 1000 $100 dollar bills is a little rare. Moreover, that's a significant portion of my law school debt-- years of student loan payments, not to mention the interest saved and being "tax free." They may have heard about my possibly changing careers to financial analysis and inferred some financial troubles.... They are unfortunately correct on that point.

I took the money, took a moment, photographed it, had the secretary double count it in my office, and then left it with the police. I suppose I should've never taken it in the first place, but this way they don't get it back.... I somehow don't think I'll get it back, or that the people who sent it to me will claim it.... I think I just helped solve the city's budget problems....

$100,000. I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered. They can't buy me, but if they're trying to, then I must be getting to them. Unfortunately, I don't think I can link it to opposing counsel conclusively, or else I'd clearly be filing a complaint against him with the bar. However, this whole thing reeks of him. My boss is upset with me, allegedly because I didn't tell him about it first, but I suspect other reasons.... Moreover, I somehow doubt any of this will come out in court given that its not admissible in the case.... No one will really appreciate it. I'd heard of things like this happening, but I never really believed any of it.

I am a complete idiot. I'm a complete fucking idiot....

Secretary, "I'm sorry I ever thought people like you were immoral.... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You're not" She always was a clever one. She knows how I really am, she's probably known for some time, and I don't think she'll say anything.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:08:20 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68888 on: January 06, 2012, 04:11:57 pm »

As always, you're pretty awesome Truean. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68889 on: January 06, 2012, 04:17:24 pm »

If you're being offered that kind of money to withdraw from a case ... That sounds like some scary crap you're into there.  I'd love to hear more details, but I get the feeling you can't provide them. 

Sounds like maybe your boss might be in on something too?  :-/

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #68890 on: January 06, 2012, 04:22:44 pm »

(offered 100 grand to back out of a case, refused)
And Truean was never heard from again.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #68891 on: January 06, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »

I guess it would have been unethical to take the money and just say "thanks for the free money, now I have the resources to fight you that much harder."
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68892 on: January 06, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »

Truean, I'd say you're becoming the Vector of lawyering/financing around here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68893 on: January 06, 2012, 04:31:39 pm »

I'm going to advertise for my let's play again, because traffic is slow and I'm worried that the game will crash before I can finish these characters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68894 on: January 06, 2012, 04:39:07 pm »

Witches' Coven is over. Well that was fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4591 4592 [4593] 4594 4595 ... 13325