Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4573 4574 [4575] 4576 4577 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778772 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68610 on: January 03, 2012, 03:31:30 am »

An anime that uses Battletech stuff would be utterly epic to watch. Get a good story in the series to tell, show the wrath one can bring in a mech like what they use, even some of the stuff in the stories like someone in a Thor mech (or whichever one it was) using the jump jets so they can get some height and literally crush the target mech under it's weight (it's written in one of the game manuals or CCG card).

What I wouldn't give to see a series based around that. I've played the games, and I know there's a good show waiting to come out of it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68611 on: January 03, 2012, 03:37:52 am »

... there actually is a battletech animated series. I've never seen it, though, and have no idea how good it is.

A more modern take on it could be pretty nice, though. Mostly, though, just something that treated giant robots more like war machines and less like a way to make really big people with missiles f'tits attached would be really nice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68612 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:16 am »

At least we have Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68613 on: January 03, 2012, 03:50:25 am »

F**k yeah, Tech Romancer!

That game was a memorable part of my childhood, and I used to play it oh so much on the Dreamcast... until the console broke. But, just now, I remembered that game, and I'm most likely gonna look for an emulator to play that with.

Capcom used to make nice fighting games in the past, like Rival Schools, Power Stone and this game. Now it's just all Ultra Super Street Fighter XV Mega-Super-Duper-Ultimate 3D Edition. D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #68614 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:57 am »

So somehow I reverted to what I think I was doing this time last month. Vegging out and listening to music from the NES Ninja Gaiden games while remembering some of the best years of my life I've had till very recently.

It also makes me realise, I like ninjas a lot, but I rarely do anything with them really. I need to work something ninjaish into something I do soon probably to fix that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68615 on: January 03, 2012, 04:23:49 am »

... there actually is a battletech animated series. I've never seen it, though, and have no idea how good it is.

I actually have seen it.  It was not good.  No sir it was not.  It was only noteworthy for having really clunky CGI animations of Mechs fighting once an episode, other than that, it was the epitome of crappy 1980s animation, both in production and writing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68616 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:35 am »

So you're programming now Aqizzar?  Remember, there is no problem that can't be solved with nested IF functions.  IFception.

Anyway, happy.  Serious Sam HD makes me happy and also angry.  Happy because it's an artifact from a time when shooters didn't pretend to be realistic.  Angry because fuck those fucking frogs in the face, seriously.

Now I'm playing OpenTTD.  Part of me feels bad for the people whose lives depend on the bullshit I'm about to cobble together, part of me thinks it's their fault for living in this objectivist dystopia where private enterprise is responsible for building roads between the fucking towns.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:40:03 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68617 on: January 03, 2012, 04:51:56 am »

Anyway, happy.  Serious Sam HD makes me happy and also angry.  Happy because it's an artifact from a time when shooters didn't pretend to be realistic.  Angry because fuck those fucking frogs in the face, seriously.

Yeah, I got it just recently, and goddamn this game is harder than I remember it. In the chamber where you get the double-chamber shotgun, I go into it with full health, armor, and ammo, and I'm just getting fucking pwned by the suicide guys and the literal dozens of fucking skeleton bulls.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #68618 on: January 03, 2012, 06:29:03 am »

The spam about an ultrasound machine is kinda funny.  I can't imagine why this board would be targeted for that kind of thing, even though I know in the back of my head that it's definitely a scam and probably one of many random messages drawn from a hat.

I'm posting about it here to avoid unnecessary breaking of the forums when the thread is inevitably deleted.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68619 on: January 03, 2012, 06:35:41 am »

I just beat spelunky... OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!!!!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68620 on: January 03, 2012, 07:17:09 am »

I just beat spelunky... OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!!!!

I know right?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68621 on: January 03, 2012, 08:20:47 am »

Yeah, I got it just recently, and goddamn this game is harder than I remember it. In the chamber where you get the double-chamber shotgun, I go into it with full health, armor, and ammo, and I'm just getting fucking pwned by the suicide guys and the literal dozens of fucking skeleton bulls.
Oh man, I remember that room. Lots of running around in circles and firing blindly.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68622 on: January 03, 2012, 08:45:47 am »

SNOW! I bet RedKing's got some too. It's cold outside, the power's flickering... wait, maybe that last one is not so happy because no power means no heat.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68623 on: January 03, 2012, 09:02:52 am »

Nah, we're way too far down into the flatlands for snow. It's colder than a witch's nipple, but the skies are clear blue.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #68624 on: January 03, 2012, 10:16:32 am »

Meh. My favourite gundam series was Gundam: 08th MS team because it didn't rely on space-bionic-masters and ridiculously overpowered cheese death robots, but just some guys in ordinary mobile suits doing their damnedest not to die.

Is that too much to ask for I suppose?
We're Capulets in space,
zoomin around
protecting the Venetian race

When Montague attack
we'll give 'em smack
we'll slap 'em right back in the face

We're Capulets in SPAAAAAACE

If you liked 08th MS team, you should check out 0080: War in the Pocket. It's much more of a civilian perspective on the whole thing.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 4573 4574 [4575] 4576 4577 ... 13325