Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4526 4527 [4528] 4529 4530 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761249 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67905 on: December 20, 2011, 03:39:26 pm »

Getting Sherlock out of the library ohhh yeahhh >_<

Got an A in German.  Also, got a B in my set theory class, and probably either a B or an A in logic.  Given the way this semester went, that is a very, very good grade.
In A in German? I got a 1.9 out of 10 a while ago. In two tries.
Vector ist hammergeil.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67906 on: December 20, 2011, 03:43:29 pm »

Thank you, danke, thank you so much!  And let's just pray that next semester is better.  I'm sure it will be, and I'm really close to having my room all cleaned up and nice so I can get back to mathing.  My desk slides under my bed (which is right by two windows!!) really well, and I've managed to fit another bookshelf in the room (two shelves are all dictionaries and language learning books, haha).

Oh, and my mom called me over to do "brain-boosting" IQ puzzles, and I could do all the hardest ones just by glancing at them, hoho.  That actually helped my flagging ego out a lot after finals.

Hmm... and Squidhead (I should really think up some sort of plant name) says he wants to watch the Sherlock Holmes movies with me, which is pretty great because I want to watch them again too.  Yeah!!

I think today's mood is <3.  I should get back to cleaning, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67907 on: December 20, 2011, 04:17:26 pm »

Almost done reading The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks. It's the first book in a while that has made me truly unconformable while reading parts of it. I'm always happy for things to give me a strong emotional response and this book is impressing me.

Quite a lot of his non-scifi stuff is like that. I strongly reccomend the following, in no particular order:

Espedair Street
Complicity
Whit
The Crow Road
The Steep Approach To Garbdale
The Bridge
The Business

They are his better works IMHO. Of course, his scifi is also top notch.
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #67908 on: December 20, 2011, 04:22:45 pm »

I've finally completed 7 rows of icons on my desktop! All 63 icons look nice and cozy now.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67909 on: December 20, 2011, 04:33:16 pm »

Watching Superheroes right now, quite an awesome insight into ordinary people going hero, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy for knowing that there are still people crazy enough to do good stuff for no compenstaion while putting themselves in danger ^__^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67910 on: December 20, 2011, 04:35:18 pm »

Vector, seriously, you're always making the rest of us look bad.

Keep it up, we need more people like you in this world. ^_^

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67911 on: December 20, 2011, 04:39:04 pm »

Finished Skyrim, the song playing during the battle, oh my god that orchestra ;_; .......beautiful........ i think i want to go back as a drum major again.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #67912 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:38 pm »

I made ice cream :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Long ways to go, but still, it's my first real object in Maya ever  :o

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67913 on: December 20, 2011, 05:05:49 pm »

Being home.

Also, I'm going to TaiyouCon in January. As Naked Snake. I'll be sneaking around the whole floor in a cardboard box, and sprinting away from everyone when they remove my box.

Also, I'll be calling Zero, SIGINT, and PARA-Medic to ask them about various things.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:08:16 pm by Pray_for_Snow »
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #67914 on: December 20, 2011, 05:07:50 pm »

Oh god Maya. Fucking Maya.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67915 on: December 20, 2011, 06:31:38 pm »

Dude, that's so cool.  One of my old hobbies was writing mathematical equations to output food, but they were always a bit too regular.  I really like how it sort of "drifts" towards the viewer on one side.

Being home.

Also, I'm going to TaiyouCon in January. As Naked Snake. I'll be sneaking around the whole floor in a cardboard box, and sprinting away from everyone when they remove my box.

Also, I'll be calling Zero, SIGINT, and PARA-Medic to ask them about various things.

Please, pictures?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #67916 on: December 20, 2011, 06:38:06 pm »

Being home.

Saw a guy cosplaying as Snake once. He had the box, and a friend as a guard, who had a sheet of paper with a big yellow exclamation mark on it.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67917 on: December 20, 2011, 07:27:38 pm »

Oh hey, I use Maya everyday at work. It's always awesome to see people getting into it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #67918 on: December 20, 2011, 07:42:03 pm »

Of the 3 interviews, 1 was sick and rescheduled to tomorrow, 1 went terribly, and 1 went great. I would say my chances at a job there after today are at least improved somewhat.

On the Maya topic, I'll be taking a course on that next quarter. A couple years back I also took a course on Blender; a great 3D modelling program for those who don't have access to Maya. Open source, and thus free as opposed to Maya's large price. Though Blender tends to be slightly eccentric in its design last I checked. If you have free time, it's certainly worth learning one of them, as they can be fun to just play around with occasionally even if you don't plan on creating 3d models in your career.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:44:00 pm by alway »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67919 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »

Blender is pretty spiffy, never tried Maya. I figured I'd learn the cheaper (read: free) one.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4526 4527 [4528] 4529 4530 ... 13325