Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4415 4416 [4417] 4418 4419 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791569 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66240 on: November 14, 2011, 10:26:10 pm »

So this is a real thing in the world.

Berkeley math department, you are too cool, but it would help your cause if you could get some tenured mathematicians to sign that thing >_>  Then we'd know it was really serious.

I got some pretty hard-core work done on my problem sets and received an A on my German test, A- on my speaking examination.  That, and I was able to spend about half an hour reading manga... I read through a few chapters quite easily, and much to my surprise, I had forgotten most of it and was able to really enjoy myself.  It's been a truly great day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66241 on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:37 am »

The season just started today, and my Knowledge Bowl team just defeated 6 out of 6 teams for the day, including the team that won the league in a landslide last year. If we keep this up, we have a shot at the gold. My team comes from a school of 500 students. The defending champions come from a school of roughly 6,000. It was on their own home field, too, so it was extra satisfying. The next competition comes in December, and our first matchup there will be against that team once more as well as the second place team, a group from a hyper-selective private magnet school.

I love this time of year.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #66242 on: November 15, 2011, 01:18:48 am »

HOLY SHIT

I HAVE NO MORE EXAMS EVER

I MEAN EXCEPT FOR UNI AND PROSTATE

BUT HIGH SCHOOL IS OVEEEEEEEEER

EDIT: Also I just ordered six hundred odd stainless steel rings. Chainmail will give me something to do in the CRUSHING EXPANSE OF TIME that I now face.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:31:33 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66243 on: November 15, 2011, 04:03:25 am »

There's a parliament of owls flying right outside my bedroom. I've never seen so many.

Meanwhile a coyote? or wild dog is howling.

The evening is just magical.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66244 on: November 15, 2011, 04:21:36 am »

Who's Nathan Ilten?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66245 on: November 15, 2011, 07:22:12 am »

There's a parliament of owls flying right outside my bedroom. I've never seen so many.
Spoiler: O RLY? (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66246 on: November 15, 2011, 07:35:50 am »

That's not a parliament of owls, it's a court of some kind, i suspect a kangaroo court.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #66247 on: November 15, 2011, 08:23:12 am »

I don't know why, but I've been on a bit of a J-pop kick lately.
Vocaloids-ho!
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66248 on: November 15, 2011, 08:42:33 am »

EDIT: Also I just ordered six hundred odd stainless steel rings. Chainmail will give me something to do in the CRUSHING EXPANSE OF TIME that I now face.
Great! Some advice, though: If you can build yourself a winding mandrel, purchasing wire and making your own rings is way cheaper, and doesn't take much longer once you get good at it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66249 on: November 15, 2011, 09:02:45 am »

That's not a parliament of owls, it's a court of some kind, i suspect a kangaroo court.
Spoiler: Objection! (click to show/hide)

Okay, I'll stop now. There seems to be a rule: For every odd figure of speech in the English language, somebody out there has created an image for a literal interpretation of it.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66250 on: November 15, 2011, 09:12:57 am »

Okay, I'll stop now. There seems to be a rule: For every odd figure of speech in the English language, somebody out there has created an image for a literal interpretation of it.

Find me a picture of a bee's knees! On the double! >:\
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66251 on: November 15, 2011, 10:22:34 am »

Spoiler: Only one knee (click to show/hide)
*Hugs*

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66252 on: November 15, 2011, 10:48:41 am »

Would dog's bollocks do?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66253 on: November 15, 2011, 10:58:14 am »

Would dog's bollocks do?
There is apparently a beer called The Dog's Bollocks. Its slogan? "Big, Round and Fruity."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66254 on: November 15, 2011, 11:04:49 am »

Is that four bollocks total he's got, or is he just sitting awkwardly on an odd-coloured bone?
Pages: 1 ... 4415 4416 [4417] 4418 4419 ... 13325