Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4326 4327 [4328] 4329 4330 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753579 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64905 on: October 24, 2011, 11:31:20 am »

Oh yes yes yes. I am done with my Essay Writing course with a final grade of 100%! I love 100% grades because they don't usually happen. Now I'm gonna start a Creative Writing course so that I can build up my writing skills that have been degrading from lack of use over the last couple of years.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64906 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64910 on: October 24, 2011, 02:19:30 pm »

I might have a job soon. Yay!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64911 on: October 24, 2011, 02:47:26 pm »

Speaking of which, I just got hired for another design job locally from one of my old employers. Already got a good deal of work done on the first day in less time than I expected. Just as well, I have more work lined up for the week as well. YAY! Work!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64912 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »

PLaying GTA 4 on the PC is so much better than the XBox.  Playing games on a console feels so hollow for some reason, I tend to blow through console games in a few days and that's it.  I notice more things when I play them on the PC.

I'm amazed at how much work they put into this city, it's insane.  There are radio shows, websites, the people you see feel like real people.  And all of it's hilarious.  It's such a bizarre juxtaposition.  When you're playing the story everything is (mostly, and when I say mostly I mean Brucie) super-serious.  It's gripping and all that shit.  Then you leave the mission and suddenly everything's a joke.  I was surfing the internet (On the computer on a computer, my brain bled a bit when I realized what I was doing) and noticed a link for a site called Little Lucy's Surprise Pageant.  I thought, "Oh, this'll be funny.  They're satirizing those moms who ruin their kids lives trying to turn them into supermodels."  I clicked the link and got a page saying the site had been shut down and my IP had been recorded.  I walked outside and the SWAT team was waiting for me.  Legendary.

Another time I was killing people for no reason.  An ambulance came to the rescue, slipped in the mud (I was in a park and it was raining, cars handle differently on different terrain and in different weather, Rockstar thought of practically everything), and hit the corner of a concrete wall.  I walked up and the paramedics were dead.  Great job.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64913 on: October 24, 2011, 03:48:32 pm »

On that note, GTA3 is having odd effects on me.  I've discovered, rediscovered really, that I actually like rap.  Well, A-list early-90s rap.  Then again, maybe that's just my instinct to faithfully roleplay a low down gangster set trippin' banker, because I certainly have a powerful urge to flip over to Radio X and enjoy some Soundgarden.

GTA2 is exactly as ugly and hilarious as I remember, and the intro video is a gem of house-produced FMV beauty.  Almost makes up for GTA1 suddenly not working, even though it worked once.

EDIT: Oh God, I didn't even notice that you got partyvan'd, I've got to play this game.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:59:57 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #64914 on: October 24, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »

On that note, GTA3 is having odd effects on me.  I've discovered, rediscovered really, that I actually like rap.  Well, A-list early-90s rap.  Then again, maybe that's just my instinct to faithfully roleplay a low down gangster set trippin' banker, because I certainly have a powerful urge to flip over to Radio X and enjoy some Soundgarden.

GTA2 is exactly as ugly and hilarious as I remember, and the intro video is a gem of house-produced FMV beauty.  Almost makes up for GTA1 suddenly not working, even though it worked once.
GTA2 forever!

Squish.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64915 on: October 24, 2011, 03:56:25 pm »

PLaying GTA 4 on the PC is so much better than the XBox.  Playing games on a console feels so hollow for some reason, I tend to blow through console games in a few days and that's it.  I notice more things when I play them on the PC.

I'm amazed at how much work they put into this city, it's insane.  There are radio shows, websites, the people you see feel like real people.  And all of it's hilarious.  It's such a bizarre juxtaposition.  When you're playing the story everything is (mostly, and when I say mostly I mean Brucie) super-serious.  It's gripping and all that shit.  Then you leave the mission and suddenly everything's a joke.  I was surfing the internet (On the computer on a computer, my brain bled a bit when I realized what I was doing) and noticed a link for a site called Little Lucy's Surprise Pageant.  I thought, "Oh, this'll be funny.  They're satirizing those moms who ruin their kids lives trying to turn them into supermodels."  I clicked the link and got a page saying the site had been shut down and my IP had been recorded.  I walked outside and the SWAT team was waiting for me.  Legendary.

Another time I was killing people for no reason.  An ambulance came to the rescue, slipped in the mud (I was in a park and it was raining, cars handle differently on different terrain and in different weather, Rockstar thought of practically everything), and hit the corner of a concrete wall.  I walked up and the paramedics were dead.  Great job.

Good to hear it works on someone's computer.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64916 on: October 24, 2011, 04:32:45 pm »

I went to Greenfield Village for the first time in my life. It's basically a walk-through museam-village populated by people who live every day as though they were still in the late 1800's (and no, they're not Amish). They work farms, pickle food, play music on fiddles and pump-organs, raise livestock, build and fix wagons, etc., and are more than happy to explain what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It's really quite impressive, and a neat chance to see traditional potters, glassblowers, metalworkers, and so on practice their craft. Yet another neat thing to thank Henry Ford for.

Also, since it's almost Halloween, my buddies and I wandered around the Village in various Dr. Who costumes (and it kinda fit with the whole Anachronistic Village thing). I got to be the group's Tom Baker Dr. We even met a fan who worked as a glassblower there, and who briefly dropped out of the 1800's in order to squee at us all... it was pretty awesome. :)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64917 on: October 24, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »

I went to Greenfield Village for the first time in my life. It's basically a walk-through museam-village populated by people who live every day as though they were still in the late 1800's (and no, they're not Amish). They work farms, pickle food, play music on fiddles and pump-organs, raise livestock, build and fix wagons, etc., and are more than happy to explain what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It's really quite impressive, and a neat chance to see traditional potters, glassblowers, metalworkers, and so on practice their craft. Yet another neat thing to thank Henry Ford for.

Also, since it's almost Halloween, my buddies and I wandered around the Village in various Dr. Who costumes (and it kinda fit with the whole Anachronistic Village thing). I got to be the group's Tom Baker Dr. We even met a fan who worked as a glassblower there, and who briefly dropped out of the 1800's in order to squee at us all... it was pretty awesome. :)

Oh you are in Michigan right now? You should visit Mackinaw Island up north, enjoy the nice walk through the town and some damn good fudge.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64918 on: October 24, 2011, 04:38:33 pm »

But, uh... they're wrong =/

e^ipi + 1 = 0 -> e^ipi = -1
the summation goes to 2

So the sum is 1.002.

Hmm... weird.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64919 on: October 24, 2011, 04:39:04 pm »

Turns out that is the joke.

Verizon got a bad check.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 4326 4327 [4328] 4329 4330 ... 13325