Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4325 4326 [4327] 4328 4329 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15751931 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64890 on: October 23, 2011, 07:47:00 pm »

The Happy Thread is like Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

* MaximumZero launches into a guitar solo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64891 on: October 23, 2011, 07:49:09 pm »

This is one of the things that puzzles me, is "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." marked on by default?
Because I see a lot of people posting on a topic to follow it when there's a perfectly good "notify" button at the top.

Does switching that off help?
Look up directly under the sites header. It's says "Hello [username]" and then below it, (next to your avatar I think but I'm not sure as I don't have one right now) it says "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts". First one shows you all unread threads by order of which one was most recently posted in. The latter one, however, shows you all the threads that you've posted in that has new, unread replies. This list is probably the easiest way to see if any of the threads you are interested in has been updated, or just find your way around the forum in general. That is why people post to watch, otherwise those threads won't show up in the "new replies" list.

And there is no way to get rid of threads there, save perhaps by having T delete your posts in respective thread. That might solve it.
I don't know if he'll do it, of course.
Love, scriver~

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64892 on: October 23, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »

Or you could just not click it when you go in there. But it's so annoying seeing that last NEW sign and not clicking it. It will haunt you forever.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #64893 on: October 23, 2011, 10:33:03 pm »

I personally just look through the thread lists and read those which interest me.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64894 on: October 23, 2011, 10:35:37 pm »

I personally just look through the thread lists and read those which interest me.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64895 on: October 23, 2011, 10:44:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64896 on: October 23, 2011, 10:55:53 pm »

So much laughing >_<

Thanks for the venting space, bros.  I actually feel quite a bit better, especially because I've realized that

a. I am not all that lazy or weak.

b. School is going to be a lot better next semester, because I'll have a schedule that will be much more manageable for me given the way my brain works.  It might be hell for most people, but it'll work much, much better for me than this semester has.  And, more than that, all the reading and experimentation I've done this semester will pay off in buckets.

c. Next semester, my main grazing material will probably not be peanut butter sandwiches!  Lunch, sure, dinner, DEFINITELY NO.  Not when I get off school at 3:30 at the latest every day.

d. So yeah, happy ending ':>

e. I am going to play SO MANY VIDEO GAMES this winter break.

f. And read SO MANY COMIC BOOKS
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64898 on: October 23, 2011, 11:46:34 pm »

Apparently if you have linux running and the old hard drive fails, you can still keep it running for 11 or so hours and tell reddit about said feat if you leave the window open.

Didn't know you could keep it running sans hard drive.
If I didn't play so many games I would probably run Nelson (the ubuntu side of my dual boot hard drive) all the time, but since I do I pretty much always run Napoleon (the windows portion).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64899 on: October 24, 2011, 12:34:35 am »

This is one of the most amusing videos I've seen in a ... long time.

The guy thinks he's singing the Fate/Zero OP "Oath Sign," but he's actually singing "Cruel Angel's Thesis" from Evangelion.  Also, the subtitles are hilarious if you can read enough Japanese.  In any case, he's a bad enough singer and big enough ham that this is pretty damned awesome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64900 on: October 24, 2011, 12:42:54 am »

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64901 on: October 24, 2011, 12:43:28 am »

Heh, thanks for sharing that Vector.  Went into it thinking he was going to ruin Cruel Angel's Thesis for me, had a few chuckles.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64902 on: October 24, 2011, 01:28:54 am »

I'm getting a lot of progress done with my pen and paper game. 'Tis surprisingly fun.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64903 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:42 am »

Reading the Song of Roland for history. Reading old literature is my favorite part of my history class. Oh, and I'm amazed how well the laisses translate into (olde) English.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64904 on: October 24, 2011, 09:58:34 am »

This is one of the most amusing videos I've seen in a ... long time.
The guy thinks he's singing the Fate/Zero OP "Oath Sign," but he's actually singing "Cruel Angel's Thesis" from Evangelion.  Also, the subtitles are hilarious if you can read enough Japanese.  In any case, he's a bad enough singer and big enough ham that this is pretty damned awesome.
To be fair, anything with the names Fate/zero and Evangelion in it has to be awesome.

Both songs are really good too so  this is just great, wow.
Pages: 1 ... 4325 4326 [4327] 4328 4329 ... 13325