Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4318 4319 [4320] 4321 4322 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762609 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64785 on: October 22, 2011, 03:14:33 am »

I understand being uneasy with it, as it's a very weird thing to discuss. It falls under a category that really should work but does, a category that is prone to addiction as an easy explanation. I will admit my entire view on this is connecting the dots between the idea of alcohol by itself in a responsible environment and use being fine and no problem, and the idea that negative traits tend to surface themselves. I still try to keep an open mind to very large groups of people I may not understand and try to explain their situations and habits in positive lights.

But this is probably treading towards drama, and I'm fully willing to leave it alone. I just want to keep things positive in this thread.

Speaking of which, I didn't know these things did this. Why don't they do that around here that is awesome.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64786 on: October 22, 2011, 03:44:49 am »

Speaking of which, I didn't know these things did this. Why don't they do that around here that is awesome.

Click link, knowing it's YouTube.  What could go wrong?
See title "Mass of daddy longlegs".
Immediately close tab.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64787 on: October 22, 2011, 03:47:12 am »

I still can not decide about how I feel about spider, on the one hand they are cool, on the other OH GAWD SPIDERS
Thank you based dwarf.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64788 on: October 22, 2011, 03:49:38 am »

Spiders are weird for me. Normal spiders in my room are creepy things that I don't like, quarter-sized black things with shaped legs to increase how creepy they look. But daddy longlegs? Absolutely adorable I love those things. Probably because the playgrounds I played on as a kid were infested with the things and my brother told me they were harmless. The one spider I regard as universally harmless and cute. And the one spider I am always confused to discover people find creepy.

And this behavior was never observed by me, so it's cool to know those little guys could do that.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64789 on: October 22, 2011, 03:54:08 am »

I fucking love spiders~
Daddy longlegs are the most adorable though~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64790 on: October 22, 2011, 03:54:17 am »

I didn't know they nested like that.  It's crazy how tightly they weave together, like a big fuzz.  I know people who would have nightmares if I showed them that video.  It was also a good starting point for all kinds of other interesting stuff, such as this series of clips demonstrating how behavior of ants in tight groups is similar to viscous fluid dynamics.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64791 on: October 22, 2011, 03:55:32 am »

I didn't care about longlegs when I was a kid, but then I had to clean out a country house.  The basement and shed were literally covered in the things.  Big drifts in the corners, like tumbleweeds made of arthropods.  Severed legs everywhere.  It was absolutely disgusting, and inexplicable because I have no idea what they were eating.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64792 on: October 22, 2011, 04:05:26 am »

I have no idea what they were eating.

Each other~

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64793 on: October 22, 2011, 04:07:12 am »

I didn't know they nested like that.  It's crazy how tightly they weave together, like a big fuzz.  I know people who would have nightmares if I showed them that video.  It was also a good starting point for all kinds of other interesting stuff, such as this series of clips demonstrating how behavior of ants in tight groups is similar to viscous fluid dynamics.

Ants, now those are bug I am down with.
Thank you based dwarf.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64794 on: October 22, 2011, 04:07:50 am »

I'm reaching that time at night where I achieve a zen-like state, where everything is beautiful, life is beautiful, and the whole world is simple. Where songs I would skip over in a fully waking stage unleash a flow of ease and calm over me.

I am also aware of various quirks of time, like how the hours from 9:00pm to 3:00am flow by without any notice, but from 7:00am to 4:00pm time is much slower and much more is accomplished. Hopefully I will be awake for that productive phase, I need it for tomorrow.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64795 on: October 22, 2011, 04:09:23 am »

I notice 11 PM to 4 PM for me tends to just fly if I'm awake. Probally because i'm at my most relaxed right at those hours. Makes for good video watching time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64796 on: October 22, 2011, 04:14:06 am »

I've never understood why drinkers find non-drinkers so disturbing.
You remind us of our weaknesses ;) I wish I could have fun as a non-drinker

I feel the spiders all over me now. FUCK

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64797 on: October 22, 2011, 04:32:20 am »

I has awesome day. spent it with friends, hit on girls, got hit on by girls do to my fabulous long hair, am drunk, cab rode home from bar. Friend has me drive me back to pick it up tomorrow in his brand new dodge challenger srt8. This is entirely atypical for me, and was great fun,
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64798 on: October 22, 2011, 05:22:13 am »

I found an old Gameboy Advance and played a lot of games I haven't been able to play in ages. :)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64799 on: October 22, 2011, 05:25:06 am »

Here's a few ingenious videos showing how human perception works -or rather how sometimes it doesn't work.

http://www.simonslab.com/videos.html

Made me laugh at my silly brain and wonder what else I'm missing.

I've seen simmilar things in the past, so I was kind of expecting some freak to show up in a suit.

The second one (the silent movie bit) I did notice the clothes change. Did not notice about them being two different actors, but on the other hand I can't notice thatnow despite knowing. The two dudes are very alike-looking.
I've always liked this kind of thing. Same thing happened to me. The static image with something fading in got me too.

Awesome, thanks for the link. I saw loads of daddy longlegs as a kid, never in large numbers like this, but haven't seen one in ages.

Slaughterhouse-Five
I've been suggested to read this only last night. The list is growing :).
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 4318 4319 [4320] 4321 4322 ... 13325