Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4319 4320 [4321] 4322 4323 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760216 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64800 on: October 22, 2011, 07:24:36 am »

Sunshine and ZAZ.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64801 on: October 22, 2011, 10:34:44 am »

Slaughterhouse-Five
I've been suggested to read this only last night. The list is growing :).
It's a short read. Roughly 250 pages, 250 words per page. I was finished reading it in less than five (1-hour) class periods, and I'm a slow reader. Definitely worth the time spent; I'd recommend moving it up on your list, if you don't have anything you really want to start.

Daddy long legs: I don't like spiders at all, but those ones are OK. Nest of them was kind of weird; I don't think I'll ever kick over another brush pile. Disturbing one of those might actually cause me to run away.

Figured out what I really wanted to do with my RPG last night. Maybe now I can start working on it, after 3-5 weeks.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #64802 on: October 22, 2011, 10:50:26 am »

Saw a doe as I walked home.
Not fair. I lived in Berkeley for over two years and haven't seen a single one.
In my town, it's far stranger to not see a doe. In fact, right now there are about five of them eating my shrubbery. It's like as soon as hunting season starts, they all run for town. There's a lot of roadkill on the streets in winter, but hey, at least the food bank is happy. (The cleanup guys cut out all of the not-mangled meat and send it to be butchered for venison.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64803 on: October 22, 2011, 12:11:17 pm »

Man Day9 is so happy.  Now I can listen to two SC2 commentaries while not having played a single SC2 round.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64804 on: October 22, 2011, 12:14:46 pm »

Man Day9 is so happy.  Now I can listen to two SC2 commentaries while not having played a single SC2 round.
Yessss, welcome to the realm of the superbro.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64805 on: October 22, 2011, 12:25:26 pm »

Haven't watched much of him yet, but I'd say the nuking seuss thing was a pretty entertaining watch.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64806 on: October 22, 2011, 02:37:45 pm »

The entire GTA series (Minus Liberty City Stories but I don't think anyone cares about that one) was on Steam Sale for 12 bucks.  Hell yeah.

I love GTA 4.  The first thing I did was turned on Carmageddon mode (Set all the vehicles' wheel friction to -9.  If anything touches the wheels, including the ground, the car goes out of control and starts flying around.  You bump a car on the side of the road and it spins around and knocks you ten feet back.  You try to get into a car and it kills three people.  Good times.

Then I got a job to pick up Jermaine and take him somewhere.  (This is without Carmageddon.  Missions are impossible in carmageddon because the cars you're supposed to use fly away and break the script).  I stopped outside his apartment, honked, he walked out, got hit by a taxi, died.  gg

I hate the early game clothing selections though.  The first clothes store looks like they imported their inventory from 1985 Yugoslavia.  Track pants and leather jackets everywhere, not a t-shirt to be found.  The only hats are an ushanka and a hat they stole from Fidel Castro.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:41:45 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64807 on: October 22, 2011, 02:43:44 pm »

The entire GTA series (Minus Liberty City Stories but I don't think anyone cares about that one) was on Steam Sale for 12 bucks.  Hell yeah.

Why does nobody tell me these things?  Oh thank God it's still for sale...

Disk Space Required: 40886 Mb.  Hopy shit.

In the past three days, I've bought Sonic Generations, Deus Ex HR, and now all of GTA, and I just got gifted Dawn of War 2.  And I'm planning on buying Arkham City any day now, because why wouldn't I.  To think I was getting bored and on the verge of doing stuff besides vidjagaems.

I love GTA 4.  The first thing I did was turned on Carmageddon mode (Set all the vehicles' wheel friction to -9.  If anything touches the wheels, including the ground, the car goes out of control and starts flying around.  You bump a car on the side of the road and it spins around and knocks you ten feet back.  You try to get into a car and it kills three people.  Good times.

The best part about every GTA game is playing it in ways it was never meant to be played.  The game's soundtrack needs Yakkity Sax.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64808 on: October 22, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »

GTA4 was alright, but rockstar really, really didn't get that the obscene mood whiplash between gameplay and story was extremely off putting.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64809 on: October 22, 2011, 04:02:12 pm »

It was around there that Saints Row started to overtake the GTA franchise yeah. Even if only because GTA was embracing less and less what a game it was where Saints Row only exemplified the crazy frantic gameplay it had.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64810 on: October 22, 2011, 04:04:54 pm »

Honestly if GTA4 took it self more seriously I probably could of enjoyed it more for the narrative and feel. Though Saints Row 2 is a more fun game to just hop into anyway. A good reason for that I think is just how MUCH it feels like the old GTA games while allowing a ton of customization.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64811 on: October 22, 2011, 04:31:56 pm »

Watching Blizzcon? :D

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64812 on: October 22, 2011, 05:19:18 pm »

GTA4 was alright, but rockstar really, really didn't get that the obscene mood whiplash between gameplay and story was extremely off putting.

I noticed that too.  The actual world has this weird, hilarious, almost-social-commentary humor thing going on that reminds me of Mike Judge a lot.  The story is super serious though.  It's very jarring.
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64813 on: October 22, 2011, 05:26:18 pm »

More super-ramen. I don't care that I'm probably putting in over a dollar's worth of extra ingredients in every bowl, thus defeating the purpose of buying ramen almost entirely (it's still cheaper than equivalent rice, pasta, or bread, unless I buy in bulk - which I'm ill equipped to do at present), it's so delicious.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64814 on: October 22, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »

But, does it have msg?

Pages: 1 ... 4319 4320 [4321] 4322 4323 ... 13325