Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4243 4244 [4245] 4246 4247 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15759126 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63660 on: October 06, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »

Heh, I posted about it literally 5 minutes after I had the idea. I can definatly develop the idea. Thank you, Vec. I'm probably going to put the rest of the idea in the Create! Thread in the creative projects forum. </shameless self promotion>

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63661 on: October 06, 2011, 09:53:49 pm »

There is now a one in three chance of zombie elf.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63662 on: October 06, 2011, 09:54:18 pm »

It was just a spontaneous idea...write something that nobody will read.
This was the entire thing I had with my wizard game, I'd thought it would have more attention because it was like a (then) popular game that got stuck a ton.

But now theres a bajillion You Are a games in Forum Games, and even though it doesn't seem like I'd ever be able to find a developed story in it like it had been planned, its still an interesting (if confusing and very long at default posts per page) read, apparently.
So go ahead and expand on it a bit, see what happens :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #63663 on: October 06, 2011, 10:02:12 pm »

Also had a cool forum game idea about traveling through multiple planes of reality and encountering Eldritch horrors and such. I'm not really sure about the story at this point, however.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63664 on: October 06, 2011, 10:05:46 pm »

Definitely is good to have a story if you're doing a game, if only a very vague beginning. (or the complete opposite and do something like WorldForge) I had a thing about a planar traveler, but he didn't get very far just randomly jumping around.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63665 on: October 06, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »

It was just a spontaneous idea. . . I mean. . . I don't know. I guess it sucks. And I'll really have no reason to write something that nobody will read.  May I ask why you hate literature set in that time period?

See, what you have is a setting, but you don't exactly have a premise.  Your story is "someone is hiding and the technology doesn't go above muskets."  Think about watching a TV show about that.  Hours and hours and hours of "someone is hiding?"  Sounds like some sort of weird primetime sport to me, and I'm not so fond of that.

You need to develop more.
The girl is right, and deserves a cookie!

It sounds weird but the premise is unimportant, it's what you do with it that is.

As for the whole hating the setting thing, I got force fed a lot of naval fiction on audio tapes as a kid. And then more recently my father kept pressuring me to read "Quicksilver".
I probably would have liked it better had it not been forced upon me like that.

Anyway, that left a bad taste in my mouth, so I've generally avoided most books set in that time period.
Which is a bit hypocritical considering I have a story in the regency setting germinating in the back of my brain. Of course for that one I want to research my history before I go blatantly ignoring it.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63666 on: October 06, 2011, 10:54:34 pm »

Finally got to the last palace in Zelda II. I almost lose all my lives just getting there but luckily you can continue from the entrance rather than the starting castle. I'm still surprised by the difficulty but I'm enjoying it. The swords play is some of the best in any Zelda game.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63667 on: October 06, 2011, 11:09:08 pm »

You have some fun fights ahead of you! Protip: Don't use cheap tactics.
Anyway, I loved Zelda II, and you are right, the swordplay is to die for. I am slowly working on a multiplayer game right now with a similar combat system, so you can fight your friends with similar swordsplay, but it is all hush hush.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #63668 on: October 06, 2011, 11:59:30 pm »

I havent played Zelda II non-superficially.  Guess I'm not hardcore.
Also, lower-case upsilon mu looks a bit like an upside-down bird.  :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63669 on: October 07, 2011, 12:02:03 am »

Go try it, beat the first temple, tell me what you like or dislike. You will be doing both of us a favour.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63670 on: October 07, 2011, 12:03:36 am »

υμ

Hmm, yeah, it does.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #63671 on: October 07, 2011, 12:04:28 am »

The sad part is the boss of the first temple is where I gave up when I played it.  So close.
Also: YUM CHERRIES

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63672 on: October 07, 2011, 12:25:13 am »

υμ

Hmm, yeah, it does.

I don't see it, all I see is a man with a snazzy hat~
Presumably peeking out from a vent in the ceiling because he's a hardboiled detective~
Or something~

Meanwhile, I love my job and my job loves me~~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63674 on: October 07, 2011, 01:45:26 am »

EMA's in tomorrow, so yay, we'll still have somewhere to live this time next week.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 4243 4244 [4245] 4246 4247 ... 13325