Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4080 4081 [4082] 4083 4084 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761183 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61215 on: September 03, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »

More Red Dead Redemption. I have this weird feeling that the character known as "Uncle" is going to do something catastrophic to me. . . .for those that have played red dead, no spoilers please!
I haven't played the game, but with a character name like "uncle" I'd expect bad things from him too.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61216 on: September 03, 2011, 06:59:24 pm »

I'm going to predict something that includes, "Say my name!"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #61217 on: September 03, 2011, 07:23:51 pm »

Finished watching Season 2 of Sonic X. The last minute of the last episode rocked, in an unrealistically cheesy sort of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ufHP7KUE4&feature=related

If you really want to see it.  :P

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61218 on: September 03, 2011, 07:41:27 pm »

playing stalker, got a mission to clear out a group of bloodsuckers from a village. wound up doing it at night, somehow aggroing ALL of them at once and had to take them out with the knife when my gun jammed.
At least you didn't have one of those mind-raping jerks join them in the field. That was not a fun mission with one of those controllers around.

Dealing with 4+ bloodsuckers simultaneously while having my screen freak out and see a deformed head? Make the game more fun why don't ya. Oh yeah, that was also my first encounter with a controller while at it. However, I beaned the guy between the eyes in 1-3 shots before another bloodsucker or 2 were about to ambush me. Didn't expect to survive it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:45:20 pm by Itnetlolor »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61219 on: September 03, 2011, 07:46:47 pm »

It's kinda funny. I don't know which mod of mine let me walk so far out of bounds. Maybe I just found a hole in the invisible wall fence?
It is surprising you didn't go all GTA and fall through the floor, only to fall from the sky somewhere else.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #61220 on: September 03, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »

I tried. I just fell and fell and fell. Got boring.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61221 on: September 03, 2011, 07:49:37 pm »

Well you missed out on a great chance to grind your screaming skill.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61222 on: September 03, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »

It has been an...unusually unusual day. At the beginning of the day, I took a count to find that there were 12 of my laptops in stock. No, that was not number of models. That was the total available to sell. (This number is usually above 70 or so, just for reference.) So, I figured it was going to be a long day, because all of the lappies under $450 were sold out, but people were strangely receptive to being redirected to what was in stock. A couple hours into my shift, I was bending down to pick up a pack of ink that was on the floor, and tore the crotch out of my pants.  :-[ Everyone was empathetic when I ran into hiding, and the store manager shared a funny story with me while I waited for the wife to bring me a new pair of pants. Shortly after I got my new khakis, I spent almost an hour talking to a seriously cool young lady who wound up being a reviewer for a tech blog. I gave her my sales pitch on various cool stuff in one of our laptops (CoolSense, ProtectSmart, Beats Audio, etc,) and she invited me to write for her blog, in exchange for the occasional gadget instead of money.  Mid explanation on why we killed the TouchPad, the lights in the store went out. This, of course, meant that I could not punch out. So, after the employees kicked everyone out, I spent half an hour talking to people on the phone, trying to figure out what to do.

Why does any of this make me happy? Well, despite all the setbacks, I stayed upbeat and cheerful. I had a pollyanna day, and hey...new pants.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61223 on: September 03, 2011, 08:02:31 pm »

I'm learning how to write a bill at the moment. This is very interesting stuff.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61224 on: September 03, 2011, 09:07:02 pm »

I got three huge rolls/stapled together pads of architecture blue(white?)prints from the recycling behind the city office thingie. (It's a pretty small town, population is about 13,000).

So cool, I might hang some them up in my room, or find out where they were being built and have almost correct blueprints to start a life of crime with.

I think most of them are just typical house blueprints, but I'm hoping to find something awesome in there.

But my mom wants to let the toddler/baby color on all of them. :/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61225 on: September 03, 2011, 09:34:47 pm »

I'm a huge dork for space exploration.  My dad is a professional dork.  We both enjoy laughing at bad movies.  Naturally, we went to see Apollo 18.  Our criteria in mind, we were not disappointed.

Also, they're making another remake of The Thing.  That should be stupid, but reminded me of the John Carpenter remake, and that movie was terrific.  Like, the real kind.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61226 on: September 03, 2011, 10:04:28 pm »

Don't waste blueprints on baby doodling if you at all can, there's plenty of less interesting paper available.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61227 on: September 03, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »

I agree, it would be heart breaking to destroy the hard work of architects. Keep them, preserve them, protect them!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #61228 on: September 03, 2011, 10:13:16 pm »

Also, they're making another remake of The Thing.  That should be stupid, but reminded me of the John Carpenter remake, and that movie was terrific.  Like, the real kind.
Not a remake but a prequel. Hopefully they get the atmosphere right like the remake.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61229 on: September 03, 2011, 10:17:06 pm »

Don't waste blueprints on baby doodling if you at all can, there's plenty of less interesting paper available.

I agree, it would be heart breaking to destroy the hard work of architects. Keep them, preserve them, protect them!

I totally agree with both statements, but I don't think that it's an argument that I'll be able to win. But I was able to take one of them, I think I'll go through it and keep it. It's for some 'art house', seems to be a museum of some sort. The other two were residential housing, one was a 'rehabilitation' of an existing place, and one was a new apartment building (as far as I can tell). They're definitely cool though, maybe I'll be an architect?
Hrmm. I hate the fact that I have to decide what I'll be doing for most of my life so early. There's so many options. Too many.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 4080 4081 [4082] 4083 4084 ... 13325