Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4063 4064 [4065] 4066 4067 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757570 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60960 on: August 30, 2011, 08:08:46 am »

I've taken measurements of the thread alignments. The signs are right, I need a new avatar.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60961 on: August 30, 2011, 08:19:49 am »

So Totoro was paid to hang out with them?  ???

Here's some of the specific categories it's created for me:

Suspenseful Supernatural Movies from the 1980s
Visually-striking Violent Action Thrillers
Critically-acclaimed Mind-bending Crime Movies
Cerebral Business Social & Cultural Documentaries
Foreign Comedies
Talking-animal Kids' TV

One day, it's going to suggest a violent action film starring a Mandarin-speaking animated animal who is his own father from the past.

...hold on a second. Hello, Disney? I have a pitch for you...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60962 on: August 30, 2011, 08:30:05 am »

Quote from: Netflix
The Great Happiness Space
2006 NR 75 minutes
This compelling film explores the rarely seen world of Japanese host boys, men who are paid to entertain wealthy women in exclusive nightclubs. Almost but not quite gigolos, more akin to male geishas, the host boys of Café Rakkyo share their secrets with director Jake Clennell in his first documentary. The narrative focuses on Issei, Osaka's top host boy, but all the characters in this unique subculture are fascinating.

Recommended based on your interest in: My Neighbor Totoro
LOLwut ::)
Holy mother of ..... that's such an inappropriate thing to suggest based on liking Totoro. Just because it'a Japanese I guess it's linked. BTW dsarker My Neighbor Totoro is one of the Miyazaki films you could happily show to pre-school age toddlers and adults alike.

@dsarker so you like 40K? I was under the impression you weren't into sci-fi etc, I guess I was wrong. In that case, u gotta watch Macross (in my opinion). 1 kilometre+ tall transforming robot carrier/battleships which punch other ships in the face. But it's probably one of the more complex mecha/sci-fi show ever created. There's lots of character drama, love triangles, romance, comedy, slife-of-life etc. And awesome music (which is integral to the plotlines, but you have to watch it to understand exactly). Also the heros fly transforming mecha originally based of F14 tomcats, which are probably the coolest mecha ever! The series director/mecha designer was actually the designer of many of the original Transformers toy-line (and Macross series 1 predates the Transformers TV cartoon by several years). He personally created the Optimus Prime model, which was known as "Battle Convoy" in Japan. Transforming flagships in Macross also tend to bear the "Battle" prefix. e.g. in Macross Frontier => Battle Frontier, Macross 7 => Battle 7.

The first ever Macross series was combined into the American cartoon Robotech in the mid 80's, so you might have seen that back in the day without realizing it (BTW Transformers was animated in Japan too, as were a number of other 80's cartoons you might have thought were american). Unfortunately the US company Harmony Gold who adapted robotech got addicted to the $$$$ from the series and have sued the actual series creators ever since to try and stop sequels coming out (while attempting to churn out their own, shitty sequels), so most sequels have not been dubbed into English. Harmony Gold = my least favourite cartoon company as a result.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:42:39 am by Reelyanoob »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60963 on: August 30, 2011, 08:49:49 am »

@Reelyanoob, I used to get in a bit of trouble with english teachers at school because all my stories would be sci-fi :P

As for Macross, I will have to try and find some of that. Thank you for all your suggestions on how to become an anime nerd broaden my cultural horizons :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60964 on: August 30, 2011, 09:13:51 am »

I just realised, I have a deep and profound love for blobs with eyes. From the Dragon Quest Slimes, to the Elona Purits, I freaking love eye blobs! I think it stems from the fact that my absolute favourite childhood video game was Zelda II: The adventures of Link, and the bits and bots were the best enemy.

Going to go get some new Kyntt stories episodes now, and bask in the glory.

In the area of Man and blob relations, Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm0XQrhhhbw

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60965 on: August 30, 2011, 09:19:25 am »

As for Macross, I will have to try and find some of that.
You can watch or download (I use a program YoutubeDownloder.exe to rip whole seasons from these pages, just import the episode 1 link from each series below and the program will grab the whole season) the American Robotech series from youtube for free! And I've provided the links here :)

This is classic, they combined 3 totally unrelated robot series from japan to make this, butchering the plots and messed with characterization, tried to hide the origins to make it look more "American".

A warning: Macross has a singer as a main character, but the Americans didn't want to pay royalties or hire a decent singer so they rewrote the music completely, and replaced the "voice of an angel" with someone who sounds like a reject from the audition phase of Australian Idol XD. My friend (who prefers his shows in English) turns the volume down when she starts singing in the dubbed version ;) but likes the original japanese songs.

Series 1 (AKA Macross)
http://www.youtube.com/show/robotechmacrosssaga?feature=sh_ac_show_1_27
Series 2 (AKA Southern Cross)
http://www.youtube.com/show/robotechmasters?feature=sh_ac_show_1_38
Series 3 (AKA Mospeada)
http://www.youtube.com/show/robotechnewgeneration?feature=sh_ac_show_1_36

Series 1 and 3 were the best (I have them in both languages). Series 2 sucks badly in any language. It will make no difference at all to following the story to skip series 2.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60966 on: August 30, 2011, 09:20:30 am »

<post error>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:31:07 am by Reelyanoob »

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60967 on: August 30, 2011, 09:21:39 am »

<post error>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:27:05 am by Reelyanoob »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #60968 on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:55 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60969 on: August 30, 2011, 10:34:58 am »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60970 on: August 30, 2011, 10:41:41 am »

Well, we're definitely up to our armpits in Jesus. Not so much the meth, at least around here.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60971 on: August 30, 2011, 10:48:59 am »

I'd agree with most of the anime suggestions here, but I'd recommend Strike Witches just because its the opposite of all the serious WWII games there are.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60972 on: August 30, 2011, 10:53:53 am »

Apparently I'm corrupt and broken.

Which is 106% true :P

I am apparently Jesus and Meth. Neither of which are common around here.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60973 on: August 30, 2011, 11:04:27 am »

I'd agree with most of the anime suggestions here, but I'd recommend Strike Witches just because its the opposite of all the serious WWII games there are.
The main reason I mentioned it but said "probably not" was because I noticed his .sig said he was catholic and the 2 shows he mentioned were pretty tame. Strike Witches is not tame, so I mentioned it as a joke, personally I did like it a lot :) If I really thought it sucked i would not have given it a mention to start with. Definitely a fun show, with great visuals. if you're not prudish.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #60974 on: August 30, 2011, 11:05:57 am »

here's a fun game: count the skirts in the show. there isn't many.
Pages: 1 ... 4063 4064 [4065] 4066 4067 ... 13325