Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4062 4063 [4064] 4065 4066 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757693 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60945 on: August 30, 2011, 05:12:55 am »

Netflix suggests for Kael~

Your taste preferences created this row.

Critically-acclaimed Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Gritty Cantonese-Language Movies
Action & Adventure
More like FLCL
Violent Movies Featuring a Strong Female Lead

Understated Psychological Movies
Serial-Killer Asian Horror
Feel-good Comedies

Experimental Documentaries
Foreign First-Love Movies
Historical Documentaries
Imaginative Children & Family Movies
Visually-striking Mind-bending Movies
Buddy Action Comedies
Action Thrillers

Based on my favourites that I've rated so far - The suggested genres probably tell you a lot more about me than they ought to. ^-^

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #60946 on: August 30, 2011, 05:22:23 am »

actually, it's got them for a number of reasons. if I wanted to, I could program it to show the current some being played in winamp, for example.
And I thought my watch was fancy because it has a compass and barometer :P

Seriously, where would you even get that kind of thing?
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/EZ430-Chronos

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60947 on: August 30, 2011, 05:25:56 am »

I only watch one show at the moment, and that's MLP. For non running shows, I occasionally watch Foyle's War. Other than that, no TV for me.
Well since you like those two you should try the anime "Strike Witches", it's set in WWII like Foyle's War, and they have animal ears and tails like MLP... Actually no. I'm kidding, you should watch just about anything except that one.

Probably Pani Poni Dash or Azumanga Daioh would be good anime's for you. Maybe Angel Beats.. Any of the Hayao Miyazaki films would probably be good too ;) They're all awesome films that you could quite happily show a young child (well, a couple of the more actiony ones maybe 10 years old+).

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60948 on: August 30, 2011, 05:49:00 am »

Netflix is now suggesting me "French-Language Dysfunctional-Family Movies" full of nudity and sex.

Along with "Violent Movies Featuring a Strong Female Lead", getting oddly specific there, Netflix.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #60949 on: August 30, 2011, 05:51:06 am »

Netflix is now suggesting me "French-Language Dysfunctional-Family Movies" full of nudity and sex.

Along with "Violent Movies Featuring a Strong Female Lead", getting oddly specific there, Netflix.
They're in your head. Buy some tinfoil. It won't help keep them out, but it'll boost the signal so they get your preferences right faster.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60950 on: August 30, 2011, 05:56:56 am »

I have never seen such a long list of NR - Not Rated and UR - Adult Only movies in my life.

I blame Amelie and my preference for quirky art house and indie films... and sexy, sexy French accents.  :P

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60951 on: August 30, 2011, 06:03:43 am »

I always found French accents to be annoying >_>
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60952 on: August 30, 2011, 06:04:00 am »

I only watch one show at the moment, and that's MLP. For non running shows, I occasionally watch Foyle's War. Other than that, no TV for me.
Well since you like those two you should try the anime "Strike Witches", it's set in WWII like Foyle's War, and they have animal ears and tails like MLP... Actually no. I'm kidding, you should watch just about anything except that one.

Probably Pani Poni Dash or Azumanga Daioh would be good anime's for you. Maybe Angel Beats.. Any of the Hayao Miyazaki films would probably be good too ;) They're all awesome films that you could quite happily show a young child (well, a couple of the more actiony ones maybe 10 years old+).

I've seen one Japanese cartoon (is that anime or manga?), Gospel of the New Creation. And even then, I only watched it because a) parents had it already, and b) I'd started reading Shinji and Warhammer 40k, and I thought that the setting sounded good. I will look into these others you've suggested, though.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60953 on: August 30, 2011, 06:41:21 am »

I just realised, I have a deep and profound love for blobs with eyes. From the Dragon Quest Slimes, to the Elona Purits, I freaking love eye blobs! I think it stems from the fact that my absolute favourite childhood video game was Zelda II: The adventures of Link, and the bits and bots were the best enemy.

Going to go get some new Kyntt stories episodes now, and bask in the glory.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60954 on: August 30, 2011, 06:49:00 am »

Feed them unripe apples. If you're lucky they might become your pet.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60955 on: August 30, 2011, 07:00:22 am »

@Max:
If you'd spend days and days grinding them in Ragnarok Online, you'd hate them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60956 on: August 30, 2011, 07:00:53 am »

Netflix does seem to eventually come up with some awesome, oddly-specific categories after a while. Even more so when it's attempting to collate multiple users as a single person. They must think I'm an Asian action film aficionado who has a soft spot for chick flicks, workout videos, and scores of children's animated shows. (Admittedly, it's pretty awesome that my daughter is more into Kipper and Pingu and really old Pink Panther cartoons than she is Dora/Diego/whatever the new popular show is).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60957 on: August 30, 2011, 07:01:19 am »

I just realised, I have a deep and profound love for blobs with eyes. From the Dragon Quest Slimes, to the Elona Purits, I freaking love eye blobs! I think it stems from the fact that my absolute favourite childhood video game was Zelda II: The adventures of Link, and the bits and bots were the best enemy.

Going to go get some new Kyntt stories episodes now, and bask in the glory.

Seems like the game for you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60958 on: August 30, 2011, 07:16:00 am »

I never played A boy and he's Blob... I will now. Also, new avatar! If I get nostalgic for Helsinki Lizard again I will change it back, but for now I like dango blob.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60959 on: August 30, 2011, 07:47:20 am »

Quote from: Netflix
The Great Happiness Space
2006 NR 75 minutes
This compelling film explores the rarely seen world of Japanese host boys, men who are paid to entertain wealthy women in exclusive nightclubs. Almost but not quite gigolos, more akin to male geishas, the host boys of Café Rakkyo share their secrets with director Jake Clennell in his first documentary. The narrative focuses on Issei, Osaka's top host boy, but all the characters in this unique subculture are fascinating.

Recommended based on your interest in: My Neighbor Totoro
LOLwut ::)
Pages: 1 ... 4062 4063 [4064] 4065 4066 ... 13325