Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3841 3842 [3843] 3844 3845 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766704 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

Notable for having brilliant characters who do stuff.  One of the few fanfics that gets Vector's hearty stamp of approval.

I bet it's the Cupcakes fanfiction.

. . . ???
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Trust me, you don't want to read it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

Notable for having brilliant characters who do stuff.  One of the few fanfics that gets Vector's hearty stamp of approval.

I'm on chapter 56 after about two day's and I do have to say that this is probably holding my interest better then the actual series.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm on chapter 56 after about two day's and I do have to say that this is probably holding my interest better then the actual series.

Yeah, exactly.  I read the whole thing in about three days, as well.  I probably remember it far better than I do the series, which was a sort of cornerstone of my childhood.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

Yeah, exactly.  I read the whole thing in about three days, as well.  I probably remember it far better than I do the series, which was a sort of cornerstone of my childhood.

The funny thing about comparing time for reading this is that, due to my day's being so completely and utterly fucked up I truly have no idea when I started reading this.

This makes me happy somehow.

EDIT:After looking at my history, I started on Saturday at about 2. So, 38 hours ago. I have absolutely no idea why I looked this up.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:09:22 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

THE TILDES~~~ OH, THE TILDES~~~ IT'S MURDERING ME DEEP INSIDE AND IT'S MAKING A FEEL SURGES OF EMOTIONS! !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kidding, but I feel happy today because I've returned to modding DF and playing it again. Yay.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:11:47 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just wrote a fairy tale, in German, about a grumpy chemist who is terrible at cooking and learns in two pages to stop being rude to door-to-door apple salesmen, stop relying so much on her thesis adviser, sleep off her sleep-deficit once in a while, and "generally be her own fairy godmother."

Somehow, this feels like the crowning moment of a great day.

dageek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why in german?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

Why in german?
Possibly because she's been studying German a lot recently.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I woke up this morning, and had enough energy to get straight out of bed. And I didn't even get all that much sleep either.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

If you DO want to read the Cupcakes FF, that's what my signature is for!

To be honest though, I would recommend against it. I liked it, but it's not the sort of thing you want to read before eating.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why in german?

It was homework for an intensive German class.

The fairytale part, not anything else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

*yaw~n*

Gotta love day naps after a dentist appointment. A few more days and my metabolism is completely reversed.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

I woke up this morning, and had enough energy to get straight out of bed. And I didn't even get all that much sleep either.
those i find are good days when you can just jump out of the bed and sing, SINGGGGGGGGGG

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

Well, I'm back, even though no one noticed I was away and I start to feel less and less connected to the community. The somewhat bitter, yet ironically happy thing today was checking the biggest Lithuanian news portal. It's funny how stupid most people here are and how...childish the politics are. The 1st page looks somewhat like this:
"Austria is evil! Lithuanians rage!"
"Evil Russia still wants to harm our poor, poor fatherland. :< "
"Austria more evil than it seems! Maybe even more evil than Russia!"
"Norwegian terrorism! No Lithuanians were harmed, so there's no reason to care."
"President rages at the president of Austria! Those damn evil Austrians!"
"Genetic engineering will bring the end of the world!"
"Only intelligent man in Lithuania writes article - the nation rages!"
"Austria again! Damn they're evil!"

Well, the people here are sure...different. I find comfort in knowing that as many flaws as I have, there are worse people.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.
Pages: 1 ... 3841 3842 [3843] 3844 3845 ... 13325