Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3840 3841 [3842] 3843 3844 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766065 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A lot of interesting people here.
I just befriended a japanese girl studying Bioethics in Japan, with poor english and no knowledge in polish. Apparently she's visiting to learn more about Poland because her cousin plays the piano and told her about Chopin.

That kinda splits me from the rest of the group, but I'm better at one on one conversations than group conversations anyway.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Just got back from paintball. I'm sore, but it's a good kind of sore.
Fun game, that is.

Any good war stories to share?
Not really, but the friend who put the whole thing together is a sneaky bastard. The worst welts I got were on my left shoulder from when he came around behind me while I was focused on another person on his team. I also got to shoot my best friend a couple times, which was fun.
Last time I went, we were doing a match in which one person was unarmed and designated the medic; he tags you, you're back in after getting shot. Unfortunately for me, I was pinned down with the medic and got shot over and over until I finally gave up since I could no longer see through the helmet. And I'm not entirely certain the players who had us pinned down were adhering to that place's psi limits, as one of the shots hit me in the neck hard enough for it to start bleeding. Never again will I play a medic game mode like that. D:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel weird.  I finished reading what was left of the fanfic.

Somehow, I can "feel" the author through the writing.  He reminds me of the guy who was set up to be my rival/companion in elementary school, by teachers who didn't know what to do with us.  And something in him of Rosewood, too, though that may just be the AI research that makes people smell like that...

And then I read the reviews he'd received.  It was so strange.  I could feel everyone's minds like little points of light, ranging from brown to searing blue.  Different showers of color, with different goals, different reasons for coming, sitting down, writing something.

I think I might write him an email.  He's intelligent.  He's managed to receive 13,000 reviews, mostly from people who don't seem to have the slightest idea what they're talking about.  I imagine he's rather bored.

On the other hand, I can already feel that he's a flaming asshole, because I have a good nose for that nowadays.  What he wants is for more people to look at him.  What he thinks he wants is to write something really good, just because.  But the first one is important.  He defends the slightest flaw with too much weaponry.  He doesn't know how to bow down and take the reputation drop with a smile.  He understands the theory but he can't see his own practice.  And that makes him unnecessarily nasty from time to time.

On the other other hand, who ever said I had to make friendship selections based solely on niceness?

On the other other other hand, why would he want to talk to me?

Placed in the happy thread because I would have never thought to reach out to an interesting person before.  Wouldn't even have processed "the writer of my current favorite fanfic" as a person, just as an idea.  Words and words.

So perhaps...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

On the other hand, I can already feel that he's a flaming asshole, because I have a good nose for that nowadays.  What he wants is for more people to look at him.  What he thinks he wants is to write something really good, just because.  But the first one is important.  He defends the slightest flaw with too much weaponry.  He doesn't know how to bow down and take the reputation drop with a smile.  He understands the theory but he can't see his own practice.  And that makes him unnecessarily nasty from time to time.

On the other other hand, who ever said I had to make friendship selections based solely on niceness?

Placed in the happy thread because I would have never thought to reach out to an interesting person before.  Wouldn't even have processed "the writer of my current favorite fanfic" as a person, just as an idea.  Words and words.

So perhaps...
I say go for it. One of the best phenomena I've encountered in society is the "Ragfriend," someone you form a bond solely through arguing and light-hearted, "yo-momma" level insults. It makes for a fantastic stress relief. Plus, it's on the internet, so what is there to lose?

Just got back from paintball. I'm sore, but it's a good kind of sore.
Fun game, that is.

Any good war stories to share?
Ugh. Last time I played paintball I got the equivalent of a half clip of paintballs unloaded by three people right into my ass. I couldn't sit down without wincing for a week.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, there was some portion of my common sense saying "Walking knowingly into getting to know an asshole?!  What are you DOING, Vector?"

On the other hand, the real danger of assholes is when you don't know you're meeting one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

the guy who was set up to be my rival/companion in elementary school, by teachers who didn't know what to do with us.
Welp, that settles it Vector was raised in a pokemon game/series apparently.  First we'll need to know which. Is his first name "Gary" or "Poopface"? Second, we need to know what region we're dealing with here so what is his grandfather's name?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Yeah, there was some portion of my common sense saying "Walking knowingly into getting to know an asshole?!  What are you DOING, Vector?"

On the other hand, the real danger of assholes is when you don't know you're meeting one.
Maybe it's because you have a crush on him  :-*~!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, that settles it Vector was raised in a pokemon game/series apparently.  First we'll need to know which. Is his first name "Gary" or "Poopface"? Second, we need to know what region we're dealing with here so what is his grandfather's name?

... This explains so much about my life.  And no, neither, though we did have the world's biggest rivalry.  Warring on everything.  Poor bastard eventually fell in love with me... =/  That didn't turn out so well.

Maybe it's because you have a crush on him  :-*~!

I... I actually think that part of me wants to crush him.

Of course, this is how I usually get crushes, so whatever.  Normal psychology chez Vector.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

A Wild Vector Appears!

Vector uses Delicious Food!

Its Super Effective!

Bdthemag has fainted!

Dangit, should have brought my masterball.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

We made... smoothies. I also had a shower call that was entirely silly and non-sexual.

snip

Send him a message, unless you want to be left wondering. Do not fall into the trap of having the process of talking/meeting individuals and forming relationships analysed like chess: with preconceptions, judgement, and winners dancing competitively within the ego before you even make a move. Just go for it. Do not ever suppose that anyone wouldn't talk to you until they truly show themselves to be an asshole or not :) You have your own worth as a person and he deserves to be treated as a person. The best relationships are about people coming together for the hell of it, creating some sort of meaning out of nothing, forming electrical patterns of bonding in a universe under the affects of entropy.

Everyone's an asshole at some point; friendships are formed because people go out of their way to tolerate and accept people for who they are.

Oh and don't get bothered if you get a negative or no response. He's probably just an asshole.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sigh*

Okay.  It's just been so long since I've had a challenge...

*shakes head*

I'll try to have a normal relationship.  I promise.  No sizing up, no looking for weak points, no test questions.

I'll have to write that email tomorrow morning, however.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I feel weird.  I finished reading what was left of the fanfic.

Somehow, I can "feel" the author through the writing.  He reminds me of the guy who was set up to be my rival/companion in elementary school, by teachers who didn't know what to do with us.  And something in him of Rosewood, too, though that may just be the AI research that makes people smell like that...

And then I read the reviews he'd received.  It was so strange.  I could feel everyone's minds like little points of light, ranging from brown to searing blue.  Different showers of color, with different goals, different reasons for coming, sitting down, writing something.

I think I might write him an email.  He's intelligent.  He's managed to receive 13,000 reviews, mostly from people who don't seem to have the slightest idea what they're talking about.  I imagine he's rather bored.

So perhaps...
If you don't mind me asking, what is this fanfiction?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Harry Potter and the somethingsomethingthatIcannotremember

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I bet it's the Cupcakes fanfiction.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 3840 3841 [3842] 3843 3844 ... 13325