Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 [3683] 3684 3685 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783269 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [Science] Charlie and the larval horse. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #55230 on: June 30, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »

giving hints at something darker in the background that makes the reader "question everything that happens."
Isn't this pretty much every anime ever? I know I'm generalizing here, but it's like saying some American animation has the draw of having a ton of toy plugs in it. It just goes without saying.

Also, just so everyone knows for sure and I have bad memory, I'm going on vacation for like two weeks on the 5th of July. I'll be in Switzerland to be there when my brother gets married. Internet access will be sporadic but I'll be sure to post some pictures from over there. Then it's a week in Portugal.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55231 on: June 30, 2011, 05:15:20 pm »

Ah Fruit Basket, such childhood memories, think i started watching that after i got my hands on Ghost in the Shell movie around 2003.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55232 on: June 30, 2011, 05:15:29 pm »

Don't worry Vector.  I always read the manga if that's the source material.  Although I feel like everything won't be as world-spanning dramatic as 20th Century Boys was.

giving hints at something darker in the background that makes the reader "question everything that happens."
Isn't this pretty much every anime ever? I know I'm generalizing here, but it's like saying some American animation has the draw of having a ton of toy plugs in it. It just goes without saying.
Kukekukekukekukeku

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55233 on: June 30, 2011, 05:22:02 pm »

I discovered tonight, 2 litres of beer plus awesome funk equals awesome crazy rainbow dance time of your life!!!!!!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55234 on: June 30, 2011, 05:44:48 pm »

Delicious Indian food, and some frozen red-bean daifuku for desert. It's the sort of meal you feel exceedingly good after eating. :D

Also, recently got my hands on The Adventures of Prince Achmed, the first feature-length animation in history! It's based on stories from The Arabian Nights, and done using hand-cut silhouettes, colored light filters, and backdrops. It was directed/animated by a woman named Lotte Reiniger, and first shown in Germany in the mid 20's:

I'm considering streaming it this Friday, if folks might be interested. Let me know!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #55235 on: June 30, 2011, 05:47:47 pm »

That looks fascinating.  Had never heard of it before, which is really surprising to me.  Reading up on it now.  Thanks!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55236 on: June 30, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »

Delicious Indian food, and some frozen red-bean daifuku for desert. It's the sort of meal you feel exceedingly good after eating. :D

You--you lucky jerk!

Seriously, I have to work on my foodstuff acquisition, because lunch today is baked sweet potatoes + an apple, breakfast was egg and toast, and dinner is lentils.  Okay, that's pretty good, but ... I need to expand my repertoire.

Food ;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #55237 on: June 30, 2011, 06:21:34 pm »

Remember. You can dramatically increase your repertoire by filling foods you know how to make with other foods you know how to make. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS. I have a bean burger filled with pizza rolls that is lunch tomorrow.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55238 on: June 30, 2011, 06:23:38 pm »

Remember. You can dramatically increase your repertoire by filling foods you know how to make with other foods you know how to make. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS. I have a bean burger filled with pizza rolls that is lunch tomorrow.

Fried egg
Toast
French toast
Spaghetti
Egg drop soup
Lentils
Sandwiches
Salad
Fried rice
Pad thai
Dum Aloo

... Yeah, I can see that this is going to work really well >________>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #55239 on: June 30, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »

Hmmm... you're right. That basically limits you to various kinds of sandwich, although I suddenly want to try a Pad Thai sandwich made with French toast. I blame you for my imminent demise.

Protip: Bread dough tastes great fried and saves you the trouble of learning to bake, and baking is the stuff of nightmares for me (and my self-centered worldview therefore deduces that it must be for you as well >_>). Mostly because I am apparently terrible at following directions. "Let's put marshmallows in this, why not.. OH GOD I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH BLOOD"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55240 on: June 30, 2011, 06:46:26 pm »

Oh, and borshch!  How could I have forgotten it?

Pad thai sandwich sounds... more than amazing.  I may have to make it a thing.

Can't do fried bread, though.  Trying to cut down on the fat in my cooking.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #55241 on: June 30, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWKg_E3mWsw&feature=related

It's Salaryman Man! He uses his business cards to fly and has the Salaryman Man Pistol! It's a pistol. Bang bang.

:-\ I am confused over wether or not this made me happy or sad or just confused.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55242 on: June 30, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »

Rice with anything, eggs with cheap ramen or noodles... if you can stir fry pad thai, you should look up pad see ew - all you would need is a sweet black soy sauce instead of the sweet/sour.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #55243 on: June 30, 2011, 06:55:13 pm »

holy shit steam sales ahahahahaha

I love not having anything to spend money on.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55244 on: June 30, 2011, 07:03:18 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWKg_E3mWsw&feature=related

It's Salaryman Man! He uses his business cards to fly and has the Salaryman Man Pistol! It's a pistol. Bang bang.

:-\ I am confused over wether or not this made me happy or sad or just confused.
What the.... what?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 [3683] 3684 3685 ... 13325