Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2920 2921 [2922] 2923 2924 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770575 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things that made you the strongest today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #43815 on: March 22, 2011, 10:30:10 pm »

I want to see a horror movie with the protagonist being the genre-savvy leader of a bunch of hopeless mooks.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43816 on: March 22, 2011, 10:31:03 pm »

I want to see a horror movie with the protagonist being the genre-savvy leader of a bunch of hopeless mooks.

Evil dead 3?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43817 on: March 22, 2011, 10:31:43 pm »

As much as I love the Evil Dead series, it's not quite horror, but yeah, that's the general idea.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43818 on: March 22, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »

I personally find the 'mandatory love interest' in Hollywood movies to be a bland and uninteresting character.
As such, I don't give a fuck when they die.
No sympathy for breasts alone.
XD i hate the love interests so much, i find it so annoying they have to do it just to make it date-friendly or some bs.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that the only reason why you'd put a woman in is for making it date-friendly, and then everyone still hates them =/
Love Interest the Generic: "Hi, I'm the date-friendl-"
This Thread: "Go Away."
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #43819 on: March 22, 2011, 10:33:32 pm »

I personally find the 'mandatory love interest' in Hollywood movies to be a bland and uninteresting character.
As such, I don't give a fuck when they die.
No sympathy for breasts alone.
XD i hate the love interests so much, i find it so annoying they have to do it just to make it date-friendly or some bs.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that the only reason why you'd put a woman in is for making it date-friendly, and then everyone still hates them =/
Love Interest the Generic: "Hi, I'm the date-friendl-"
This Thread: "Go Away." *Stabs LItG in the face*
Fixed.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43820 on: March 22, 2011, 10:37:09 pm »

In the interest of fairness, there are male love interests for female protagonists, but much of fiction is androcentric... and if there is a female presence in a movie it is often tied directly to the male presence. I just learned about the Bechdel Test, and it's pretty funny that so many movies miss something as simple as a single conversation between two female characters about anything other than a man.

Romantic plots can be fine, but they're best when they mean something, and aren't there purely as a feature of the film genre. I was just reading an article about romantic subplots in fiction, and it suggested avoiding them unless they further the plot, or provide a future hook, which I can totally agree with.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43821 on: March 22, 2011, 10:39:21 pm »

I thought that The Descent was a decent modern horror film. It avoids the "hollywood women" problem because the entire main cast is female, and of course it's scary as all hell. As in: "I ran around my house with a blunt object checking every corner before I could sleep and have horrible nightmares." scary. I think that was the last movie that managed to really frighten me, preceeded by The Thing and succeded by Slenderman.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43822 on: March 22, 2011, 10:40:56 pm »

The funny thing being... I hated that movie just because it got in the way of me looking for stuff for the GAME Descent.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #43823 on: March 22, 2011, 10:43:10 pm »

The funny thing being... I hated that movie just because it got in the way of me looking for stuff for the GAME Descent.
Agreed. I'm looking for mods for blowing robots up with my ship and maps to raid inside. Not stuff about mods on a forum about the movie. >:(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43824 on: March 22, 2011, 10:44:00 pm »

Most movies that follow these principals word for word aren't really worth watching anyway, though Alien and Aliens are good about it at least in all honesty.

Those were excellent films... hard for me to watch, though =/

I just learned about the Bechdel Test, and it's pretty funny that so many movies miss something as simple as a single conversation between two female characters about anything other than a man.

Depressing, isn't it?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43825 on: March 22, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »

Should have looked up freespace to get around that, at least there isn't a freespace movie i think >_>

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43826 on: March 22, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »

A better name for this movie would be Everybody's Back Gets Broken Repeatedly.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #43827 on: March 22, 2011, 10:50:16 pm »

Should have looked up freespace to get around that, at least there isn't a freespace movie i think >_>
Actually, it's a survival horror sequel to the TRON:Legacy movie where just about everyone within the mainframe where it takes place is running away from formatters cleaning out the mainframe.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43828 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:50 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:47:18 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43829 on: March 22, 2011, 11:03:27 pm »

On-Topic for this thread: Hot chocolate and Megaman ZX music on repeat.

On-Topic for this conversation: The best horror movies are the movies that make fun of horror movies, and/or those that include the Teletubbies. Extra points if they throw in Barney dual-wielding chainsaws.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 2920 2921 [2922] 2923 2924 ... 13325