Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2569 2570 [2571] 2572 2573 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15840652 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38550 on: February 07, 2011, 10:18:57 am »

I realized today that it's one week to Valentine's Day. I don't have a girlfriend but I love love. I especially love what love's done to music.

Here's a song about love for y'all

I feel loved >.<

Thank you Leonon!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. My name is Hong Meiling, not china
« Reply #38551 on: February 07, 2011, 10:37:24 am »

I got good marks in english, our economy teacher spent the entire lesson   playing on his guitar, and I got to skip today's physics lesson due to  my tinnitus.
Also, Walfas has a video with a few of my favorite UN Owen remixes.

Today is awesome!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38552 on: February 07, 2011, 10:38:12 am »

Here is Vector, full of rage.
This certainly changes things.

I've accepted that I'm a lazy fuck whos anxiety over pressure to do well has caused me to become an even more lazy fuck, but at least I give some goddam thought to classes. I just got out of my Psychology class and the only thing I could think of was this rant, because it started to light a fire of annoyance. Everyone is an idiot here, my god. As you said it isn't even that hard. Christ I should be doing better than this, this is easy stuff.
 And then the professor started to talk about the grading system, and the whole points and deductions and additions bugged me. Most of the grading is based on if you followed simple instructions for formatting and put out your own words. Otherwise five sections at one paragraph each? Just fine, even if all you wrote in them is the most basic of outlines. This is exactly the crap that haunted me in grade school, the focus on tests and scores and points and not exiting the class with some form of education. Of the bullshit tests and assignments that sink you despite showing a good grasp on the skills they are teaching you.

And why is this in the happy thread?

Because I'm tired of being a lazy fuck, i always was. I hate the constant beratings from my dad, the dread of missing assignments, the the anxiety going through a positive feedback loop of becoming functionally and academically crippled. And for the first time I care about assignments and doing well on them. If this keeps up I just might finally learn some form of work ethic.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38553 on: February 07, 2011, 11:19:27 am »

You can do it, Duke.  I believe in you.

I think my rhetoric class was slightly less happy about the two (!) crazy rants I delivered to them via the course's forum system, but it seems to be sticking for at least a few of them.  This gives me a little bit of hope for the future.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38554 on: February 07, 2011, 12:01:56 pm »

way to stick it to them. im just sitting here in Comp beginners class, looking down at you guys due to the fact i have yet to learn anything new.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38555 on: February 07, 2011, 12:09:03 pm »

You can do it, Duke.  I believe in you.

I think my rhetoric class was slightly less happy about the two (!) crazy rants I delivered to them via the course's forum system, but it seems to be sticking for at least a few of them.  This gives me a little bit of hope for the future.
We all need to do rants :)
I did one just now. It felt nice.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38556 on: February 07, 2011, 12:14:08 pm »

I made the most awesome tomato soup and I had three whole bowls of it.

So good

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:09:20 pm by alway »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38558 on: February 07, 2011, 02:10:51 pm »

Just directed my readers in the rhetoric class to both Lockhart's Lament and Totto-Chan.

Now all they have to do to educate themselves is read and think.

Let's get this party started.

Anon hacks network of security firm investigating Anon, releases all information gathered about themselves and dismissing it as publicly available anyway.
Haha, owned.

Also, I'm gladder than I'd like to admit to see this >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38559 on: February 07, 2011, 02:13:22 pm »

well the rec room is packed with people

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38560 on: February 07, 2011, 02:17:30 pm »

Anon hacks network of security firm investigating Anon, releases all information gathered about themselves and dismissing it as publicly available anyway.
Haha, owned.

I still can't believe how many people think Anonymous is some kind of organised terrorist group.

It is a group, and it is organised in a sense, but not in the way they'd like. It's very spread out, and the group is composed of whoever individuals are feeling active at that point in time. Taking out "leaders" won't do any major damage, because there are no absolute leaders.

Just directed my readers in the rhetoric class to both Lockhart's Lament and Totto-Chan.

Now all they have to do to educate themselves is read and think.

Let's get this party started.

Vector thanks again for directing me to the first. I'll make sure to read the latter sometime too.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38561 on: February 07, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »

Holy crap. The dark knights of the internet strike again. I had to pull up the good ol' internet rule list to see what they were mentioning.

Quote from: Quote of note
"This domain seized by Anonymous under section #14 of the rules of the Internet."
Quote from: Rule 14
Do not argue with trolls - It means they win.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:21:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #38562 on: February 07, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »

My first real wire thingy! A little turret that pews you when you walk in front of it, with an on and off switch. Super simple really but I'm proud of myself for actually making the damn thing work at all.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38563 on: February 07, 2011, 02:22:40 pm »

It's even enclosed and everything. Already better than most, who just stick it on the floor or something.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38564 on: February 07, 2011, 02:25:26 pm »

I have to take some time to learn how to make some of those, and actually have wire work properly in GMod. I've spent more time messing around with HL1 and 2 levels, and even setting up all sorts of mayhem in Aperture Labs, and killing T-Rexes with teams of chickens; and also doing all sorts of things with all kinds of bombs.
Pages: 1 ... 2569 2570 [2571] 2572 2573 ... 13326