Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2237 2238 [2239] 2240 2241 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15836557 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Auuu~!
« Reply #33570 on: January 02, 2011, 04:10:28 am »

I suppose I could load up pxtone.
The notes are kinda hard to make out, though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33571 on: January 02, 2011, 04:13:59 am »

It's a 3/4 piano score.

As for things that made me happy recently, this day of rest I'm having is, to be completely honest, one of the more enjoyable days I've ever had in my life.  I played L4D for the very first time, ate a slice of apple pie and a lot of wasabi-flavored rice cakes, read more of the English Patient, spent a long, luxurious time washing my hair, exercised a little, slept in (a lot) and had memorable new year's dreams... right now I'm reading fanfic in front of the heating vent (it's on for once), while eating tangerines, crackers, and chocolate, and listening to the wind and rain outside (as well as music on my computer).

This is one of the few breaks where I've really enjoyed every moment of it.  Suddenly, it seems that I have a lot more incentive to work hard.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33572 on: January 02, 2011, 04:17:32 am »

Its 8/4,the Treble Clef is two notes too high and the Bass Clef is two notes too low.

It's going to be gibberish.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33573 on: January 02, 2011, 04:21:11 am »

Whoops, I didn't see how clearly it was written in the bottom one.

In any case, you can see quite clearly that the measures seem to be in 3/4, if nothing else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33574 on: January 02, 2011, 04:31:17 am »

In places, yes, but not everywhere.
Also, she plays trumpet.
Can you even get that range of notes with a trumpet?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33575 on: January 02, 2011, 05:17:59 am »

Methinks it's art, and whoever was drawing didn't really think to write an actual score, so much as draw symbols people would recognize as musical. Alas...

I was happy to learn that I haven't forgotten nearly as much of C++ as I was afraid I might have. Even if it's not at the point that I could do anything practical with it, per se, it's nice to see that though I haven't used the skill in years, it's still rattling around somewhere up in my brainpan.

Also, Carcassonne is a fantastic board game, especially with a large group, and several of the expansions. I played it for the first time this afternoon, and there's a great blend of strategy, chance, diplomacy, and sudden twists to it, for something so simple. I didn't come close to winning, but I had tons of fun playing it.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #33576 on: January 02, 2011, 05:23:32 am »

I just watched Pandorum. There're Dead Space levels of WTF in that movie. This is why I love it.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33577 on: January 02, 2011, 05:27:47 am »

I was happy to learn that I haven't forgotten nearly as much of C++ as I was afraid I might have. Even if it's not at the point that I could do anything practical with it, per se, it's nice to see that though I haven't used the skill in years, it's still rattling around somewhere up in my brainpan.

It's actually pretty hard to completely forget a skill one's learnt, and the better you get at it the harder it gets, so I'm not really surprised.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33578 on: January 02, 2011, 05:42:20 am »

apparently, sometime in the future I will travel back to not long before I was born and father solifuge.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33579 on: January 02, 2011, 05:43:20 am »

Incredible.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33580 on: January 02, 2011, 07:54:29 am »

I've decided to begin saving up for a plane ticket to America. I've really put off international travel too long, and besides, I always kinda wanted to go to a DF meetup.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33581 on: January 02, 2011, 07:57:58 am »

I finally got around to upgrading my Graphics Card Drivers. O.o

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33582 on: January 02, 2011, 08:33:38 am »

Have I really only lived twenty years?  It surprises me, how much one can do in so little time, how much can learn, how much one can explore, and how much there is left to enjoy despite that.

I've lived almost twenty four and I now feel like I've accomplished jack shit.  Great.  But I did get to meet Strife and take him to the airport, and managed to make conversation the whole time.  Good luck out there buddy.

I would say "fuck feeling useless", but I have to get back to sleep so I get shit done the rest of the day.  Tomorrow, always tomorrow to catch up with my dreams.  At least I actually do have free time now, so I guess that's really true for once.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #33583 on: January 02, 2011, 08:34:38 am »

That spoke to my heart.

Also, sigged.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33584 on: January 02, 2011, 08:54:28 am »

Back. Home, sweet home.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.
Pages: 1 ... 2237 2238 [2239] 2240 2241 ... 13326