Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2031 2032 [2033] 2034 2035 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844039 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #30480 on: December 04, 2010, 10:07:03 pm »

I don't really have a specific hero and I couldn't mention a fictional person because...I don't actually know why I couldn't mention a fictional person.  Is it because they haven't actually done anything in real life?  That's not true.  They can still be influence, but I decided not to go that route with my essay.  I talked more about notability and courage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #30481 on: December 04, 2010, 10:08:36 pm »

I don't remember what my last essay was about.  Whatever it was it was basically a marshmallow.  All fluff and no substance.  Still got a 95+ on it (I know that because none of the essays I did last quarter were less than a 95.  Professors lurv marshmallows.)
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #30482 on: December 04, 2010, 10:11:25 pm »

Having never written under such a time limit before, I decided to go with what I agreed with and said that faster communication helps with learning. Never before have I encountered such hand cramps.

The only other part that was very difficult at all was the part where you had to write that you agreed to the nondisclosure policy in cursive. Who uses cursive? I sure haven't, not since 3rd grade. I can write my signature, but I don't see any use at all for making letters look jumbled together and overly ornate.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #30483 on: December 04, 2010, 10:13:33 pm »

Haha, mine was on heroism.  I seem to remember fangirling everywhere about Quasimodo.

Revealing.  I don't remember Quasimodo being a mathematician.

That's what the French want you to think.  He specialized in approximating function values with special "half-formed methods."  A pity that he died young... but then, most great mathematicians do.

Haha, nice. Are half-formed methods a real thing too?

I think in mathematical music theory you can have half-formed universes. But all that stuff is way over my head.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30484 on: December 04, 2010, 10:14:47 pm »

Having never written under such a time limit before, I decided to go with what I agreed with and said that faster communication helps with learning. Never before have I encountered such hand cramps.

The only other part that was very difficult at all was the part where you had to write that you agreed to the nondisclosure policy in cursive. Who uses cursive? I sure haven't, not since 3rd grade. I can write my signature, but I don't see any use at all for making letters look jumbled together and overly ornate.
I connected print letters together.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30485 on: December 04, 2010, 10:17:48 pm »

Haha, nice. Are half-formed methods a real thing too?

I think in mathematical music theory you can have half-formed universes. But all that stuff is way over my head.

Mostly, I was joking >_>

But it did sound dreadfully serious, huh?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30486 on: December 04, 2010, 10:19:57 pm »

I don't really have a specific hero and I couldn't mention a fictional person because...I don't actually know why I couldn't mention a fictional person.  Is it because they haven't actually done anything in real life?  That's not true.  They can still be influence, but I decided not to go that route with my essay.  I talked more about notability and courage.

Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you! Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!

That would have raised a few proctors' eyebrows.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #30487 on: December 04, 2010, 10:21:20 pm »

Oh no. Quasimodo means like "almost standard" or "almost formed" right? I was wondering if that was also an actual math thing, because that would have made the joke even better, but also would have gone over my head.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #30488 on: December 04, 2010, 10:23:09 pm »

Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you! Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!

And won bonus points from the more awesome ones.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #30489 on: December 04, 2010, 10:28:13 pm »

And owls from the ones that are anuses.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #30490 on: December 04, 2010, 10:29:04 pm »

I connected print letters together.
High five for man-writing!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #30491 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:39 pm »

Cursive is easy.
Other than the capitals. Never bothered to learn them.
They're all loopy hell and insanity.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30492 on: December 04, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »

My normal writing is single-stroke print letters.
Sometimes, I just leave a long trail between words instead of a space.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30493 on: December 04, 2010, 10:31:35 pm »

What, you guys don't use cursive? Since we learned it in second, I abandoned print for it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30494 on: December 04, 2010, 10:32:48 pm »

I will stick all the anime quotes I know into that essay.  By the time the judges finish reading it they will be pretending to be Japanese to catch a doctor, be controlled by a geass, have a heart attack from a death note, have their arm and leg loss to taboo, have their body turned into rubber fire sand electricity and ice, have a sword stabbed into themselves to become a death god, become a contractor without emotions, wear a ninja shield thing on their head, crouch on a chair to think better, question others on who they hell they think they are, speak a child away from suicide, have their future actions predicted by a cell phone, have their bodies become immortal after drinking an elixir, have a vending machine flung at them, be found of murder and being murdered themselves, reach super saiyan whatever they hell the highest level is, summon creatures through gates, breathe fire, punch cold, shoot monsters, call people orange, have their soul placed into a cat, have a doll placed into their soul, learn a life lesson, and never give up.
Pages: 1 ... 2031 2032 [2033] 2034 2035 ... 13326