Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15847771 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #29670 on: November 30, 2010, 08:58:56 pm »

Y'all are still using those things?
And I thought my school was lacking in the technology department…
Of course, they get to outfit every teacher with a new Win7 box, but the computer labs are still running 2000.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29671 on: November 30, 2010, 09:03:02 pm »

Well, my school calls both the old things and the actual literally-over-the-head-attached-to-the-ceiling kind overhead projectors, so I don't know which he was talking about.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29672 on: November 30, 2010, 09:04:21 pm »

Even if you carry the corner-trick to "infinity", it's still not a circle.  Math makes circles and math makes squares, and math don't get the two confused because it's too small to humanly identify.  If it does wind up as a circle, that's rounding.  Hence the name.

It can go to infinity if you do it right, but they didn't do it right.  They took away area without taking away perimeter--which does approach the correct area of the circle as n->infinity.  But as for the perimeter...

When they take away a square, instead of removing a square piece, remove a triangular piece that's like... half the area of the square you would have removed.  The perimeter will keep going down.  I'm not honestly sure what algorithm to apply past the first step, but it should be obvious that shaving off the outer half of triangles should work.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29673 on: November 30, 2010, 09:04:56 pm »

I was under the impression that overhead projectors are only those ridiculous light boxes that you put the transparent sheets over and it gets reflected off a mirror and through a lens onto a big screen.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29674 on: November 30, 2010, 09:05:58 pm »

I was under the impression that overhead projectors are only those ridiculous light boxes that you put the transparent sheets over and it gets reflected off a mirror and through a lens onto a big screen.
Officially, I believe so. Unofficially, what do you call a ceiling-mounted projector? Well... I guess an overhead projector.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29675 on: November 30, 2010, 09:06:20 pm »

Yo, some classes still using them because screw the video projectors we do have.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29676 on: November 30, 2010, 09:08:47 pm »

Yo, some classes still using them because screw the video projectors we do have.
Pretty much only math classes do that, though. at least here, i mean.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29677 on: November 30, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »

Lots of the teachers I know fumble around with the SmartBoards we have, always making mistakes and stuff.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29678 on: November 30, 2010, 09:12:00 pm »

brb shaving self with gun

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29679 on: November 30, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »

Lots of the teachers I know fumble around with the SmartBoards we have, always making mistakes and stuff.
My school, despite being gigantic, only has one smartboard. If those idiots would just let me do their budget, we could have at least twenty of them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29680 on: November 30, 2010, 09:14:52 pm »

brb shaving self with gun

D:!!!!

*runs to the terrified thread*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29681 on: November 30, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »

We have none.
the middle school nearby has 5.

The school system makes no sense!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29682 on: November 30, 2010, 09:20:21 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:30:12 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29683 on: November 30, 2010, 09:21:00 pm »

Everything in my forum game is unfolding just as planned.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29684 on: November 30, 2010, 09:21:16 pm »

Jerky turned out okay. Not great, and not as good as it smelled, but still okay. Kinda ho-hum. I failed to put worcestershire sauce in it. I know better now, and have a reason to buy a bottle now.

Next up: Flaming Hot Jerky! Muahahaha! (Especially evil, since I'm the only one in the house who eats really hot stuff.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 13326