Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848229 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Ka-MEW~!
« Reply #29640 on: November 30, 2010, 01:44:39 pm »

GAH I WANT SNOOWWW.

;~;

Off too school, through my immaculately shoveled path wa-

Where's the path?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29641 on: November 30, 2010, 01:45:31 pm »

I'm torn on snow. On one hand it is the only redeeming factor of this bitter lifeless season, and on the other hand it means this bitter lifeless season is colder that usual.

Screw it I'll rather take a vacation in Australia during this season or something. Snow ain't worth this cold.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #29642 on: November 30, 2010, 01:46:09 pm »

Give me a collection adress and I'll post you some of mine.
A cooler full of snow is the best Christmas present ever!
No, I'm not being sarcastic.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #29643 on: November 30, 2010, 01:46:22 pm »

GAH I WANT SNOOWWW.

;~;

Off too school, through my immaculately shoveled path wa-

Where's the path?

I unearth my front path from under the snow, I turn to talk to passers by, turn back AND MY WORKS ALREADY UNDONE! I hate redoing things T_T
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29644 on: November 30, 2010, 01:47:26 pm »

I unearth my front path from under the snow, I turn to talk to passers by, turn back AND MY WORKS ALREADY UNDONE! I hate redoing things T_T

You never turn away from the snow.

I couldn't tell you how, but it only collapses when your back is towards it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29645 on: November 30, 2010, 01:50:33 pm »

I don't know why, but I find this spot on my worldmap to be calming:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29646 on: November 30, 2010, 01:54:59 pm »

I don't know why, but I find this spot on my worldmap to be calming:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thats that from?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29647 on: November 30, 2010, 01:58:41 pm »

it's from something I'm working on. not ready for release yet. sucky version can be found here

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29648 on: November 30, 2010, 02:02:25 pm »

I have, over the course of eighteen years of schooling, acquired tremendous skill at bullshitting my way through essays.  The last real essay I will ever have to write (not accounting for the possibility of grad-school) is due in an hour.  I know that one should expect a product to reflect the effort one expects to put in it, but I had absolutely no intention of trying very hard on this one.  Partly the burnout, partly the interest and timeframe, partly as a weak protest against the professor's grading method - I refuse to accept that my grade can be partly dependent on factors I have no control over, namely the effort of people I can't talk to.

The assignment: six to eight pages about Machiavelli's The Prince, with the emphasis on personal interpretation.  As per my usual methods, I didn't even start perusing the book for a topic until noon yesterday.  I approached the plan with the same paper-writing methods I had drilled into me in the fifth grade - introduce an argument, define two or three principles important to that argument, combine the principles into a coherent explanation, then summarize the whole thing in a copy of the introduction.  Find and place sources/quotations after the fact, by idly hunting for lines that fit what you want to say.  My essays tend to come out like souffles - large, elegant, full of air and grain, and ready to collapse if poked hard enough.  I had every intention of this paper being five-and-a-half pages of pretentious crap.

I wrote an outline about 5PM, idly worked on an off on three pages while wresting myself away from Homestuck.  I woke up at 9AM today and cranked out another four pages, plus editing and bullshit sourcing, finishing fifteen minutes ago.  Quite a good effort if I do say so myself, and not a bad way to cap off my academic career.  And I learned a lot about Machiavelli in the process, namely that the height of virtue is pretending to be moral and competent, while surreptitiously doing whatever lets you succeed.  Thanks for telling me what I already know, broski.

Of course, I still have to write a brief essay in Spanish this afternoon and study for finals.  But it's smooth sailing from here on out, after some downright stereotypically close shaves.  Speaking of, I really need to shave.  I look like I've been up all night solving a murder.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #29649 on: November 30, 2010, 02:37:57 pm »

The Prince was actually a big "Fuck You" to a noble family that Machiavellli had had rather... unpleasant dealings with. All of his other works were the complete opposite, and he was a big supporter of the idea of republics.

The whole book is, literally, a joke. One that has been taken far too seriously by the people it was mocking.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29650 on: November 30, 2010, 02:43:54 pm »

My dehydrator is taunting me with delicious smells of venison jerky and Iwantsomerightnowbutitisn'tdoneyetARGH! >.<

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #29651 on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:26 pm »

My dehydrator is taunting me with delicious smells of venison jerky and Iwantsomerightnowbutitisn'tdoneyetARGH! >.<
It's like baking bacon cookies.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29652 on: November 30, 2010, 02:48:52 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:28:50 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29653 on: November 30, 2010, 02:50:26 pm »

It's like baking bacon cookies.

Yes, with only 6 hours worth of torture to go. Venison + Ground Bacon + Spices - Water = Awesome Jerky.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29654 on: November 30, 2010, 02:50:36 pm »

Writing is okay in itself as long as what I'm reading isn't boring as hell or completely in-understandable.

This counts for me and you, both of us.
Pages: 1 ... 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 ... 13326