Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782097 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [:3] Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #24975 on: October 21, 2010, 09:32:08 pm »

Probably, although there are events to help facilitate the historic path.  I can't remember, did the Nazis take Denmark?  I'm assuming they did.  That's probably gonna be next on the list.

I'm hoping to win the Nukyuler arms race and bomb Ohio, that'd be a hilarious turn of events.

By the way, anyone with Hearts of Iron Doomsday, can you confirm that nukes are good in this?  Every game I've played with nukes, they were horribly underpowered.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24976 on: October 21, 2010, 09:34:19 pm »

I'm assuming your overall plan is to take over the world with Japan and Italy, then degrade into a world ending nuclear war between the three of you?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24977 on: October 21, 2010, 09:34:24 pm »

As part of the Internet, you are directly responsible for the quality of my entertainment.

Thus, you should play ISketch. Bay12 is the Room, Casual is the Dress Code.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24978 on: October 21, 2010, 09:35:35 pm »

As part of the Internet, you are directly responsible for the quality of my entertainment.

Thus, you should play ISketch. Bay12 is the Room, Casual is the Dress Code.

I'm bored so I'll check it out.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24979 on: October 21, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »

Probably, although there are events to help facilitate the historic path.  I can't remember, did the Nazis take Denmark?  I'm assuming they did.  That's probably gonna be next on the list.

I'm hoping to win the Nukyuler arms race and bomb Ohio, that'd be a hilarious turn of events.

The Nazi's kinda sorta negotiated with Denmark, but they did wind up occupying it.  That's where Market Garden comes from.  It sounds like you never actually attacked France, and they just came at you after taking Poland.  I've never played Hearts of Iron, but I'd follow the historical path right up to conquering France, then knock out England before even talking about going farther east than Poland.  And don't forget Scandinavia, that's an important bulwark.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24980 on: October 21, 2010, 09:36:06 pm »

Now how are you going to get a bomb to Ohio? You aren't Russian, you can't mobilize your standing army, cross the Atlantic, and somehow not disrupt the UK or Canada on a whim.

(On second thought, don't bomb Ohio. That would be bad for both of us.)

No Shockwave for Linux? Gasp!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:38:22 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24981 on: October 21, 2010, 09:47:40 pm »

The Nazi's kinda sorta negotiated with Denmark, but they did wind up occupying it.  That's where Market Garden comes from.  It sounds like you never actually attacked France, and they just came at you after taking Poland.  I've never played Hearts of Iron, but I'd follow the historical path right up to conquering France, then knock out England before even talking about going farther east than Poland.  And don't forget Scandinavia, that's an important bulwark.

I haven't invaded France yet, I'm doing that once I've got Poland most likely. They're seriously throwing everything they've got on the border and I won't be able to break it until Poland is subdued enough that I can start bringing troops over.

Or I could probably have a sea invasion of the northern coast, that'd be pretty silly.
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #24982 on: October 21, 2010, 10:36:20 pm »

I recently got HoI 2: Doomsday, and I must say I'm impressed. The only downside was that my first game was (via a handy d20) Poland, and I got my buttocks handed back to me on a Soviet Tanks made of silver platters.

Playing as Der Nazis is way better, though. I actually have stuff do do other than pile up troops in Warsaw and hope the Soviets are too chicken to attack it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24983 on: October 21, 2010, 10:42:48 pm »

This music made me happy.

EDIT: Fuck, jumped the gun there.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24984 on: October 21, 2010, 10:43:08 pm »

Cool.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24985 on: October 21, 2010, 10:44:06 pm »

DAMN YOU
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24987 on: October 21, 2010, 10:45:16 pm »

I finished several new Let's Plays, that made me happy. Unforchunately the Rome TW one showed me how much my Medieval 2 sucks compairitively.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #24988 on: October 21, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »

I finished several new Let's Plays, that made me happy. Unforchunately the Rome TW one showed me how much my Medieval 2 sucks compairitively.
Ha. I have Medieval 1. Haven't played 2, but I need to find the disks for Rome. They're all good games.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24989 on: October 21, 2010, 11:03:11 pm »

Oh of course, I love my Medieval 2, the Let's Play just showed me that Rome is much better in certain areas that I find appealing. For instant, no freaking differance between castles and towns. It may be more realistic but it's just as hassle since I tend to make alot of war useing my ocean cities, but I need my ocean cities as towns to make alot of trade income. Fun Fact: No matter what nation I am I take over Antioch as fast as possible and turn it into my money-makeing capitial, it is almost always my first city to get huge and usually is the first city to make a huge cathedral.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 1664 1665 [1666] 1667 1668 ... 13325