Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876811 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #8550 on: April 27, 2010, 11:39:15 pm »

Kendoooooo oh god I can't move my arms <3 <3 <3
Ouch. But it sounds like the good kind of ouch of doing what you love. Although I wonder if this is from repeated strikes to the upper arms(As I know there are large wrist guards for this) or just swinging around the shinai?

Two hours of swinging bokuto (weighted wooden practice sword) + running across the gym while screaming at the top of my lungs =)  They said that though I hadn't practiced for 6 years, I haven't lost a thing.  I used to be go-kyu (gained two ranks from raw beginner), and on my very first practice they asked me if I'd brought my armor so I could go fight with the more advanced people <3  And they made fun of me a lot, which is a good sign.

Admittedly, I kept running backwards full-speed into doorknobs and folding chairs because I haven't yet figured out this whole "peripheral vision" thing, but it was still fun.  Nothing like fighting for a couple hours a week to rebuild your spirit!

I'm hoping to try naginata and maybe some kind of kung fu when I go back to Berkeley.  MOAR KILLING THINGS.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: April 27, 2010, 11:40:50 pm »

YOU MUST KILL ELVES FOR GREAT JUSTICE, VECTOR

seriously, you're awesome! :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: April 27, 2010, 11:42:54 pm »

You go to Berkeley?
Cool.

I remember back when I took Tae Kwan Do, and our teacher dumped out this large sack of weapons.
I was probably 7 at the time, and got to hold a bunch of real martial arts weapons.
We practiced with them (real, bladed if normally bladed, metal weapons), but didn't fight each other.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: April 27, 2010, 11:47:55 pm »

Admittedly, I kept running backwards full-speed into doorknobs and folding chairs because I haven't yet figured out this whole "peripheral vision" thing, but it was still fun.

This is my problem. The eyesight in my left eye is terrible. I have NO peripheral vision in that side. Sucks so much.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: April 27, 2010, 11:48:10 pm »

Kendoooooo oh god I can't move my arms <3 <3 <3
Ouch. But it sounds like the good kind of ouch of doing what you love. Although I wonder if this is from repeated strikes to the upper arms(As I know there are large wrist guards for this) or just swinging around the shinai?

Two hours of swinging bokuto (weighted wooden practice sword) + running across the gym while screaming at the top of my lungs =)  They said that though I hadn't practiced for 6 years, I haven't lost a thing.  I used to be go-kyu (gained two ranks from raw beginner), and on my very first practice they asked me if I'd brought my armor so I could go fight with the more advanced people <3  And they made fun of me a lot, which is a good sign.

Admittedly, I kept running backwards full-speed into doorknobs and folding chairs because I haven't yet figured out this whole "peripheral vision" thing, but it was still fun.  Nothing like fighting for a couple hours a week to rebuild your spirit!

I'm hoping to try naginata and maybe some kind of kung fu when I go back to Berkeley.  MOAR KILLING THINGS.

I'm happy that you found something to enjoy ^.^ A hobby is a great way to pull yourself out of a bad mood. I hope your training goes well.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8555 on: April 27, 2010, 11:48:37 pm »

Become a chameleon, except make it more like being able to see through your blind spot. That's essentially what peripheral vision is, at least how I see it.

Having my fingers at the edges of my vision, I have a good 170-degree sensitivity (150-degree effective). My vison is crap (both eyes, left especially; I should wear glasses, but I choose not to), but I have some wide vision. My head comes panorama-standard. Considering things, I can watch my TV as I type and look at my screen. The sound provides the context.

I think a good environment to train the periphs would have to be working at a restaurant and hauling ass when doing service (and crunching your awareness time to milliseconds or quicker), looking out in the distance and seeing even the faintest of movements out the corners of your eyes, overall running through cluttered zones, the list goes on. Just think what could improve and try it out, if not, do something else, or make it more challenging.

Hell, go through extremes. Extreme light, then extreme dark. Alternate and slowly close the time between even tighter, increase response and notice more. Same applies to moist and dry environments. Wash your eyes with cayenne pepper (add honey to make it less intense and speed up healing and reduce any irritation) semi-regularly. It hurts like hell, but it has been a great help. Nice little painful home remedy. Eat your vegetables.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:55:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: April 28, 2010, 12:19:10 am »

Hell, go through extremes. Extreme light, then extreme dark. Alternate and slowly close the time between even tighter, increase response and notice more. Same applies to moist and dry environments. Wash your eyes with cayenne pepper (add honey to make it less intense and speed up healing and reduce any irritation) semi-regularly. It hurts like hell, but it has been a great help. Nice little painful home remedy. Eat your vegetables.

erf, my eyes hurt just thinking about that. For some reason I find any foreign substance in my eyes to be quite distressing and blinding, even regular water. I don't know how people can open their eyes underwater >.<

Are my eyes supposed to feel like that? I don't know how to describe the sensation but I hate it and I can't see anything.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: April 28, 2010, 12:25:18 am »

erf, my eyes hurt just thinking about that. For some reason I find any foreign substance in my eyes to be quite distressing and blinding, even regular water. I don't know how people can open their eyes underwater >.<

Are my eyes supposed to feel like that? I don't know how to describe the sensation but I hate it and I can't see anything.

I am the exact same way, probably one of the reasons why I don't swim, (Besides the fact that I'm afraid of drowning)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8558 on: April 28, 2010, 12:30:30 am »

I guess it sorta helps that my conditions involve animals being in the area, some rather dusty environments, lotta salt and sand in the air, and so on. My eyes have been through some hellish conditions, including the cayenne pepper thing for a good week (a few separate times in my life). I also thought it a good idea to take a gander under water in the ocean without goggles. Yeah...

How my vison hasn't gotten better is beyond me. Okay, maybe about 5 points better; but still, c'mon.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:34:22 am by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: April 28, 2010, 12:48:41 am »

I have great eyesight, just a little bit nearsighted.
Don't need glasses though.

I don't really mind water in my eyes.
I actually like it.
To the point where I will place water in my eyes.
Other foreign objects are just mildly irritating until I can finally get them out, usually involving flushing.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: April 28, 2010, 12:57:12 am »

Breaking Bad. The television show in which the dad from Malcom in the Middle becomes a meth kingpin.

As awesome as it sounds.

God I love this show.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: April 28, 2010, 12:59:23 am »

Ugh, I hate getting stuff in my eyes. I had to train myself to use eyedrops. That shit's scary if you don't like it. I can do the underwater thing alright, but I'd much rather use goggles. If I'd ever need to have that surgery where a needle goes in your eye while you're conscious, I would freak the fuck out. Or if I got a papercut on my eye...

Meh talk about something nice and pleasant, plz
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: April 28, 2010, 02:04:53 am »

Oh God yes to the eye dropped thing. I still can't use those accurately.

But I do use contacts. Never get contacts, is my advice. Or have eye surgery in lieu of that. I know a person who did that once, it worked, but it wasn't fun. I'll spare you the details.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: April 28, 2010, 03:47:27 am »

You have the awesomest hobby in the world.  What the fuck, why doesn't my college have a "dress up as samurai and beat the shit out of each other with sticks" program?  Damn that sounds like fun.

"Best Choice", "Hytop", and "Always Save" are supposed to be pseudo-food brands so cheap they're not worth eating.  Normally this is true, because of all the things in the world you can cheap out on, food should never be one of them.  But it turns out "Best Choice" knows them how to makes some good fucking chocolate icecream.  This makes me happy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: April 28, 2010, 07:01:26 am »

It's my Friday. That makes me happy. Plus, I can't stop giggling when I look at my new avatar.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 13326