Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876894 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #8535 on: April 27, 2010, 10:06:22 pm »

Kickass.
Not sure if Hulu works on my computer, but it's worth a shot.

Damn, that's what I thought.
Needs Flash 10.
Stupid old mac... *grumbles away*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8536 on: April 27, 2010, 10:11:49 pm »

I actually had a half-decent Tuesday solo work night for freaking once. Despite still being late on the close anyway for inexplicable reasons. I also have 2 days off.

Aside all that, I took a personality test to realize I have seriously changed over an amazingly short amount of time. Oddly enough, I think I was that same personality ages ago, I just forgot about it and went through a long phase where I turned into a total loser and didn't notice.

I might go screw around with LDD a little more. I made a kickass bike earlier, now I want to make more crazy-ass stuff.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: April 27, 2010, 10:15:34 pm »

I know I'm probably treading thin ice with this subject right after the Toad-reset, but it is actually in the news.  I'll just link to the blog that it's about.  Contrary to anything else involved, the reason this makes me happy is that this stock picture is what's going around in the news.  I love that shirt.
Agreed: That is a truly awesome shirt. And a truly idiotic priest, or whatever the guy's title is. But the important thing is the shirt.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »

*cough*Thepiratebay*cough*

I read on the internet recently that many western countries are beginning to crack down on peer to peer transfer programs. going so far as to make their use, distribution and development illegal (even for legitimate use like sharing the dwarf fortress torrent). has anyone heard about this? Supposedly its has been all hush hush governments working together thing. Canada was listed on the site I read it from and I've been pondering if I should risk using my utorrent program again.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: April 27, 2010, 10:29:51 pm »

I read on the internet recently that many western countries are beginning to crack down on peer to peer transfer programs. going so far as to make their use, distribution and development illegal (even for legitimate use like sharing the dwarf fortress torrent). has anyone heard about this? Supposedly its has been all hush hush governments working together thing. Canada was listed on the site I read it from and I've been pondering if I should risk using my utorrent program again.
Yes there have been hush-hush backroom negotiations in the UK at least. I wouldn't put it past US lawmakers either.

Basically, between this and net neutrality, I have resigned to the idea that the Internet won't be free and wild forever.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: April 27, 2010, 10:32:55 pm »

Yes there have been hush-hush backroom negotiations in the UK at least. I wouldn't put it past US lawmakers either.

Basically, between this and net neutrality, I have resigned to the idea that the Internet won't be free and wild forever.

the sad part is how futile it all is. It simply breeds a better hacker/criminal to defeat the measures they put forth.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: April 27, 2010, 10:57:34 pm »

Kendoooooo oh god I can't move my arms <3 <3 <3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8542 on: April 27, 2010, 10:58:31 pm »

the sad part is how futile it all is. It simply breeds a better hacker/criminal to defeat the measures they put forth.
I am in agreement with this. Prohibition can restrain for a good moment, but it'll only make the persistent evolve more, and filter out the more timid. Most rapid way to hire some awesome crew for the Pentagon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: April 27, 2010, 11:07:33 pm »

Ouch. But it sounds like the good kind of ouch of doing what you love. Although I wonder if this is from repeated strikes to the upper arms(As I know there are large wrist guards for this) or just swinging around the shinai?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: April 27, 2010, 11:08:17 pm »

Arena mode is addicting.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: April 27, 2010, 11:09:52 pm »

Arena mode is addicting.
Try spawning guys on top of high places on the same square. ;)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: April 27, 2010, 11:11:42 pm »

Arena mode is addicting.
I recreated a battle I had back in 40d. a horde of Zombie Carp vs. axedorfs... complete slaughter... ;_;
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: April 27, 2010, 11:27:01 pm »

Heh, reminds me of when I "crammed" learning to break-fall in martial arts. I was sore, but it was a good sore

Nothing like being thrown to the ground repeatedly for an hour so you can learn to stop hitting your head off the ground x.x

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: April 27, 2010, 11:30:31 pm »

Nothing like being thrown to the ground repeatedly for an hour so you can learn to stop hitting your head off the ground x.x

Having yourself punched all over the place to build up resistance.
The bruises made it look like I did a belly flop into a pool of mercury.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8549 on: April 27, 2010, 11:37:17 pm »

Arena mode is addicting.
I recreated a battle I had back in 40d. a horde of Zombie Carp vs. axedorfs... complete slaughter... ;_;
I tried having a bit of fun fighting some GCS and dragons. A bit of training for Adventure mode in case I ever fight them. I took them out rather swiftly, and with rather basic armor and weaponry. Then again, having mid-legend skills are a bit of a help. But still, I took these things on solo, and to add to atmosphere, I lobbed some peasants of various kinds at them and tossed some magma on the grounds. Oh yeah, and I also took them on after beating down an army of imps in the castle first. It was pretty fun.

My guy finally died when I melted him out of boredom.

EDIT:
Okay, I'll admit, I nerfed these guys intensely just so I understand what I'm doing. So I guess they were essentially the equivalent of destroying giant plush toys. But I did get a good strike under the skin/carapace of them and severed a leg or pierced a heart or 2.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:39:40 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 13326