Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781677 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #7050 on: March 25, 2010, 06:56:29 pm »

Also, Aqizzar, you must've accidentally downloaded the Extra Retarded Edition or something.

Go to the website.  Download the Free Version on the front page.  That's what I'm playing.  Tell me the delivery-rocket-controllable-thing isn't right there and motherfucking infuriating and I'll call you a damn dirty liar.

Really, I don't get it.  Aside from staying the fuck on the ground and stumping everywhere with your Wobblebots, how are actually supposed to play this game?  I suppose I should be asking this in a proper Cortex Command thread, but we're already here.  It'll make me very happy if I figure out how to control this game.

Ah, what the heck, I'll mention something that did make me happy.  I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about and read "Lackadaisy".  It's a webcomic by a professional illustrator, technically furry but in a cartoon sense, as the artist will point out, and it's both very funny and beautiful to look at.  Still sad though, because it appears to only update about once a month.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: March 25, 2010, 06:58:06 pm »

What are you tripping on Aqizzar.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: March 25, 2010, 06:59:48 pm »

The game requires a special skill to play, and i will call it "The Touch".

You do not have it.

Nor the power.

*Guitar Riff*
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: March 25, 2010, 07:32:21 pm »

Oh god I'm addicted to This.

How high can you go!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: March 25, 2010, 07:44:04 pm »

How high can you go!

4452km.

The controls are super sensitive.

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: March 25, 2010, 07:53:01 pm »

How high can you go!

Looks like a keyboard controlled version of Winterbells. I prefer the mouse controls (and soothing soundtrack) in that game, myself, and the concept's the same. The exponential score growth is also amusing.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: March 25, 2010, 07:56:15 pm »

Around 9356 you get screwed over by red flying saucers.

And the game becomes much easier when you realize there is horizontal scrolling.

Also, much like from what I know about Touhou, the hit detection is screwed up in your favor. You can often reach platforms just out of reach with some clever key working.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:59:04 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: March 25, 2010, 07:57:43 pm »

Not so much sensitivity as a character that won't stop when you let go of the key.  Goddamn suicidal maids!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: March 25, 2010, 08:00:56 pm »

1) Trying to dig a dummy out of a hole, only to get repeatedly stuck on one niggling little bit of dirt that I can barely see and that my diggerbeam refuses to hit.

Yeah they get stuck on everything.  Just tap your jetpack like crazy (this makes the jetpack work better for some reason, probably a bug) and they'll work their way through it usually.

2) Robots (Robot 1 specifically) tumbling out of control and rocketing into the ground because I had the audacity to try to correct my flight path.

Yeah, tapping the down key while jetpacking is very likely to send you spinning into the ground.  Stick to tapping the jetpack key for course corrections.

3) Not so much the physics itself, but a giant problem for me; the delivery rocket can be "controlled" like other bodies, which means if I try to change bodies while a delivery is in process (and God forbid off-screen) I'll suddenly find myself in control of a flying refrigerator.  Yes, selecting away from the rocket does put it back under AI control, but the AI pilot is already trippin' on LSD and that split-second of confusion can send it into a death spiral.

If you hold Q/E instead of tapping it, you can move the cursor to the body you want to control, instead of cycling through them.  But yeah, the rocket AI is unbelievably bad.  Dropships are much safer, but if you do find yourself in control of a rocket, just tap the up button like crazy with occasional taps on A and D to keep it pointing up.

I don't know why people in here are telling you that CC's controls don't totally suck, because they do.  The radial menu is a fucking nuisance (shifts around depending on what you're using) and you can't even map the controls to keyboard, crawling basically only works on flat floors.  Also the AI sucks in general.  Also none of these problems will ever be fixed because the developer is a lazy twitter addict.  But it's still a fun game if you can get used to it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: March 25, 2010, 08:18:31 pm »

I don't know why people in here are telling you that CC's controls don't totally suck, because they do.  The radial menu is a fucking nuisance (shifts around depending on what you're using) and you can't even map the controls to keyboard, crawling basically only works on flat floors.  Also the AI sucks in general.  Also none of these problems will ever be fixed because the developer is a lazy twitter addict.  But it's still a fun game if you can get used to it.

It doesn't help that my right mouse button is fucked up and doesn't like to stay registered as held down, it just likes to flicker.  That wouldn't be anyone's problem but my own if it were possible to remap any of the controls beyond the basic movement keys.

And considering the art/data resources it's loading amount to 70mb, can someone tell me why the program takes five minutes to start running?  And exponentially longer if you have it set to a resolution larger than 640x480?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: March 25, 2010, 08:22:43 pm »

Use game pad.

Complain about game and make ToonyMan unhappy.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: March 25, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »

Complain about game and make ToonyMan unhappy.

Can do.  Why do the bots move around when I tell them to stand still and there's nothing around to attract their attention?  Why do all the bots love to curl into the fetal position while flying, so when they land they have to unpretzel themselves by flying again?  Why can't the delivery rockets at least re-right themselves after falling over?  Why do the doors flip open and closed without recourse or reason?  Why doesn't the giant crab monster have a weak-spot I can hit for massive damage?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:05 pm »

1.  Why are you using bots?  I modded my Activities folder so the only things that ever show up in my game are coalition, Ronin, and whatever modded units I'm playing with at the time.
2.  Bots are way too light and their jetpacks are way too strong.  See 1.
3.  Rockets are useless on anything other than perfectly flat (Preferably concrete) surfaces.  Use dropships.
4.  No idea.
5.  Heavy Sniper Rifle.  Every point is a weak point.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: March 25, 2010, 08:47:23 pm »

Watch everything to the 10:30 point.

Because we have all been there before.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: March 25, 2010, 08:52:43 pm »

If you guys wanna whine about Cortex Command this isn't the topic for it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 13325