Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15886525 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #6135 on: February 28, 2010, 05:50:33 pm »

Chinese traditional caterwauling disc 7
I won't ask...

Okay, fine, here's the actual title: 中國民歌經典7烏蘇里船歌

Chinese populace traditional music: Bird something with fish village boat music.

Actual (non-Vector) translation: Chinese Folk Songs (vol 7): Boat Song on the Wusuli River

It's... I don't know.  No one else I know can stand listening to it, but I love it.  It's kind of like when people tell me I must have no taste buds or sense of color because they caught me eating rice with cranberries, onions, and hot sauce, or because I walked to school in a lime green shirt, bright purple plaid skirt, and stripey socks without noticing it was odd at all.

So yes: Chinese caterwauling disc 7, for the man who never asked.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: February 28, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »

Atheistic is a very odd thing.

I have Micheal Jackson, Tank, Col. Sandars, Ronald McDonald, and Venom.
I'm only missing one now.  The Boomer.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:06:25 pm by ToonyMan »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: February 28, 2010, 06:09:06 pm »

Damnit, were is Venom?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: February 28, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »

You kill Spiderman in NYC. Thass how you get him.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: February 28, 2010, 06:13:13 pm »

Chinese traditional caterwauling disc 7
I won't ask...

Okay, fine, here's the actual title: 中國民歌經典7烏蘇里船歌

Chinese populace traditional music: Bird something with fish village boat music.

Actual (non-Vector) translation: Chinese Folk Songs (vol 7): Boat Song on the Wusuli River

It's... I don't know.  No one else I know can stand listening to it, but I love it.  It's kind of like when people tell me I must have no taste buds or sense of color because they caught me eating rice with cranberries, onions, and hot sauce, or because I walked to school in a lime green shirt, bright purple plaid skirt, and stripey socks without noticing it was odd at all.

So yes: Chinese caterwauling disc 7, for the man who never asked.
This song?  Adaptation though, I guess the original is different.

Interesting.  I'd associate that kindof sound more with Indian music, myself, although China is an amazingly diverse place.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: February 28, 2010, 06:30:15 pm »

China knows it, and is trying to crush the diversity. According to my interpretation of a National Geographic article.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: February 28, 2010, 06:31:42 pm »

Yes... that's the one.  It's an entire album of that sort of music, though, and some of it is amazing.  I love Chinese traditional songs ~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: February 28, 2010, 06:42:32 pm »

Hmm, I'll look into it.

I was quite interested to read about the Uighur Muslims in China... I suppose with a country of such a large area you end up with a lot of different sorts of people.

Incidentally, I may have found a possible new avatar for Janet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: February 28, 2010, 06:46:31 pm »

I walked to school in a lime green shirt, bright purple plaid skirt, and stripey socks without noticing it was odd at all.

You dress like I do... Just somewhat brighter colors.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: February 28, 2010, 06:47:40 pm »

Yeah that doesn't belong there.

That statement is true on so many levels, see how many you can find! My highscore is 3!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: February 28, 2010, 06:50:39 pm »

Yeah that doesn't belong there.

That statement is true on so many levels, see how many you can find! My highscore is 3!
4 and counting.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #6146 on: February 28, 2010, 07:24:13 pm »

I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: February 28, 2010, 07:38:43 pm »

Yeah, also.

LOOK WHAT I DID.

WHAT DID YOU GET REALMMASTER?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: February 28, 2010, 07:43:30 pm »

DAMN YOU, YOU FAST BASTARD!

DAMN YOOOOOUUUUU!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:49:50 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: February 28, 2010, 08:00:10 pm »

My life turned into a new script for the Coen Brothers.

Yesterday, me and my father went to a restaurant.  He wears a tooth-plate now, partial-dentures to fill in for his missing teeth, and hates them with a passion.  He also takes them out when eating, and wrapped them in a napkin for safe keeping.  Naturally, they went in the trash with the rest of the napkins at the end of the meal, and neither of us realized this until that night.

He calls the restaurant to ask the impossible - for a minimum wage fry cook to take time out of this weekend to go dumpster diving for someone's false teeth.  The impossible becomes easy when he promises to pay $100 to each of the three guys on staff.  Lo and behold, the same guy calls back 30 minutes later saying he's got the teeth and he'll handle the money.  The guy, named "Hyma" (or something phonetically similar) gives him a very cagey itinerary of where and how to meet up for the exchange.  For the slow witted, this means he told his coworkers nothing and would pocket the whole $300 himself, a gross breach of staff friendship and store policy.  Dad didn't care, as long as he got his teeth back.

So Dad tries to get me to go take care of this nasty, expensive errand for him, and tells "Hyma" to look for someone of my description (specifically, a hippie).  Then decides he might as well come with me.  We have conversation on the way over-

Me: "So he wants you, or rather me, who he knows will be coming with $300 in pocket, to meet in an alley away from the store.  I'll bet you that $300 that there won't be any teeth, but instead homies waiting for us."

Aq Sr.: "Well, my plan was, if we meet him in this alley and he's got the teeth and we don't see anybody, we'll just give him the bum's rush, take the teeth and keep the money."

We arrive to find that Hyma managed to flake out on the $300, and now we talk to his manager (never mentioning the money), to try to find him.  Then we get more cagey phone calls from both these flakes about how to meet up and get the teeth again.  And suddenly it's a three-way inner city face-off to between some fast food clerks and a father/son team of hippies, to see who can mug who the fastest for three hundred dollars and some dentures.

The resolution wasn't nearly so interesting as the Big Lebowski setup, but I just kept thinking, how the fuck did this happen?

Also, I bought a Jesus Christ Action Figure.  Glow-in-the-dark hands, turns water into wine, 5 loaves and fish to feed 5000, and karate chop action.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:03:12 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 13326