Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3764 3765 [3766] 3767 3768 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826022 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56475 on: July 14, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »

Metro 2033 is really awesome. .3

Oh hell yes. One of the best games ever, and probably the game with the best atmosphere. Also bonus humor for Russian speakers.
No. Just no. There are games with far more atmosphere. Are you familiar with The Void? How about The Path? Pathologic? I've not played Metro 2033, so hell, even Braid might have more atmosphere than it. But I will never, ever believe an action horror game made from a book will be more atmospheric than games I've played that run on atmosphere.
Those are more "interactive fiction" than games to me, but, well, it's subjective. And Braid doesn't belong in there, as far as I know.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56476 on: July 14, 2011, 01:27:35 pm »

I can finally tell people to RTFM and expect improvement!

Thomas, that doesn't mean anything. All games are "interactive fiction". I challenge you to find a nonfiction video game, or a noninteractive video game. You can't use synonyms to make something look different. Hell, Pathologic is even a horror game. It should fit in right next to Metro 2033. And Braid was atmospheric. Play it, watch someone play it, or play through it again, if you don't believe me.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #56478 on: July 14, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »

I can finally tell people to RTFM and expect improvement!

Thomas, that doesn't mean anything. All games are "interactive fiction". I challenge you to find a nonfiction video game, or a noninteractive video game. You can't use synonyms to make something look different. Hell, Pathologic is even a horror game. It should fit in right next to Metro 2033. And Braid was atmospheric. Play it, watch someone play it, or play through it again, if you don't believe me.

Progress Quest is a non-interactive video game.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56479 on: July 14, 2011, 01:31:55 pm »

Metro 2033 is really awesome. .3

Oh hell yes. One of the best games ever, and probably the game with the best atmosphere. Also bonus humor for Russian speakers.
No. Just no. There are games with far more atmosphere. Are you familiar with The Void? How about The Path? Pathologic? I've not played Metro 2033, so hell, even Braid might have more atmosphere than it. But I will never, ever believe an action horror game made from a book will be more atmospheric than games I've played that run on atmosphere.
Are you honestly trying to make yourself look creditable with that? You can't say it's not as atmospheric if you havn't played it, and you just flat out said you didn't!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56480 on: July 14, 2011, 01:33:22 pm »

Interactive fiction implies that the primary point of the game is the fiction aspect (or story), rather than the gameplay.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56481 on: July 14, 2011, 01:34:34 pm »

What were zou trzing to accomplish with this post? I reallz want to know.

And Metro 2033 has more atmospheric content than anz of zour listed games, and it works about as well.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56482 on: July 14, 2011, 01:34:45 pm »

Harry Potter 7-2 tonight, midnight release. It's going to be amazing.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56483 on: July 14, 2011, 01:37:25 pm »

I mean those don't really feel like games. They're more about atmosphere than actually being games. Plus you're treating atmosphere like there was one kind of it. Sure, Metro is not as soul-crushingly depressing as Pathologic or dark and mysterious as The Void, but it had an unique flavor. You've felt that life was hard and dangerous, full of worries and troubles, yet there was still hope. Even if humanity was struggling to survive, the people managed to find light in it. Try watching this, with the sound on, and try telling me it doesn't have atmosphere.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56484 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:01 pm »

*yawn*

Afternoon naps are awesome :3

Try watching this, with the sound on, and try telling me it doesn't have atmosphere.
Challenge accepted.

It doesn't have atmosphere. Aherp. What now.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56485 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:35 pm »

Atmosphere doesnt even have that solid of a definition, even in the quagmire of game genre definitions. If somebodz had a better experience with some atmosphere than its about as accurate of a review as anz other game review.

Edit: Fuck I sound like I have a cold.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56486 on: July 14, 2011, 01:46:15 pm »

I agree with Darvi, but we should probably get back to the happy soonish.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56487 on: July 14, 2011, 01:47:28 pm »

That's because it was a bad example. But there is no good example on youtube. :<
 Whatever.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56488 on: July 14, 2011, 01:47:57 pm »

That's because it was a bad example. But there is no good example on youtube. :<
 Whatever.
Make one, then ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #56489 on: July 14, 2011, 01:49:04 pm »

Yeah. I did put in the first post that you don't wanna crap on peoples happy in this thread. There's stuff I wouldn't agree with in this thread since I don't like whatever in question or whatever is going on. But I don't bother anyone about it. It's pointless.

So back to happy already. Being game snobs belongs in Other games anyway.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 3764 3765 [3766] 3767 3768 ... 13326