Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11885 11886 [11887] 11888 11889 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15803293 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: [*PEW*] All the bacon in the world can't save you now! (Happy thread)
« Reply #178290 on: November 23, 2016, 07:04:18 am »

I have been feeling really tired and depressed this week. Couldn't really get anything done.

So today I took some vitamins and a nap and woke up feeling better than I have all month. What a stupidly simple solution to my problems.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #178291 on: November 23, 2016, 07:13:06 am »

It's almost as if depression is caused by chemicals in your brain.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #178292 on: November 23, 2016, 07:32:10 am »

the beer i brought up earlier, sorry if i kept anybody waiting with anticipation

unfortunately, i doubt you could find this particular beer outside of indiana, but if you look hard enough, i'm sure all y'all have some local brewery with something similar

That's the great thing about having a state monopoly on alcohol - they're bound by law to import whatever fickle people like me tell them to order. I could literally ask for fermented horse piss swill from deepest Mongolia and they'd have to try and get it for me.

Also, thanks! I appreciate the link. I thought you lived in Hawwaii though? I'm quite surprised you would leave it for Indiana :P
Love, scriver~

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178293 on: November 23, 2016, 08:46:42 am »

indiana is a temporary thing

i'm saving up money and hawaii is expensive

plus i had multiple well-paying jobs lined up here, always a good justification for moving to another state

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178294 on: November 23, 2016, 08:52:56 am »

Made up working interceptors and  bombers for both player and enemy in spessgam, the feel of having your code work is helluva drug  :)

Well,  bombers will need to have some sort of extra scripting, so their pilots stop being maniacs dropping all the bombs on the first run and then ramming their bomber in enemy capitalships.
Oooor you could write up some lore about how all bomber pilots are complete maniacs, and It'll be a feature. =D

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178295 on: November 23, 2016, 10:12:48 am »

Made up working interceptors and  bombers for both player and enemy in spessgam, the feel of having your code work is helluva drug  :)

Well,  bombers will need to have some sort of extra scripting, so their pilots stop being maniacs dropping all the bombs on the first run and then ramming their bomber in enemy capitalships.
Oooor you could write up some lore about how all bomber pilots are complete maniacs, and It'll be a feature. =D
Learn how to present bugs as features
@
Speed up the development process by 1000% percent
._.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178296 on: November 23, 2016, 11:12:17 am »

Yes.

Do this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #178297 on: November 23, 2016, 01:04:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure I've actually read about it in a guide, that there was some kind of monster that was super-vulnerable to stabs. So yah.

That would be the controller, in the original 2 games controllers really can't do anything if you get in their face. That's why most mods give them a pretty severe pain causing radius.

APCs? I remember the knife in Shadow of Chernobyl was able to destroy any destructable object in a single backstab.

Yes the BTRs in the end of SoC can be killed with the knife because the devs were silly and there's no game mechanics difference between a crate and an IFV. The stab actually does pretty shit damage in SoC, it just makes anything that's designed to break explode when you poke it with the altfire.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #178298 on: November 23, 2016, 01:10:55 pm »

Half day of work before holidays. I really appreciate that my company does this. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #178299 on: November 23, 2016, 01:12:48 pm »

The stab actually does pretty shit damage in SoC
True that. I've learned that painfully by trying to show them my stabs to the first quest bandits and failing miserably.
._.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178300 on: November 23, 2016, 01:15:03 pm »

It's snowing!
Snow cancellation!
TODOKETE
?
The joke was that Snow Cancellation sounds like Snow Halation, the coming of which is usually signalled by a TODOKETE.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #178301 on: November 23, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »

It's snowing!

SpAs or SpEn are very good at stabbing.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #178302 on: November 23, 2016, 01:28:53 pm »

It's snowing!

Either you've got this in a different thread, or I read this in DCSS fashion (Spriggan Assassin/Enchanter). :P

I've always wondered how snow feels like in-person. Especially a snowball, or how to make one with a thick glove and then form a really nice sphere of snow. Like, if you use a wool glove, do those tiny fibers stick to the snowball? Or is it like compacted-but-soft-and-opaque ice? I've only seen people hold snow with gloves and protection, all in the movies and otherwise--can you hold it barehanded? Is it like 'badly cold in 3 seconds'? Like holding ice cubes that you can see the subtle vapor trailing off the top?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 01:39:24 pm by Tiruin »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #178303 on: November 23, 2016, 01:32:45 pm »

Thick glove? Bah, how prepared do you think we are? When I was at school, we used our bare hands! Yea, we were wild back in the day.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #178304 on: November 23, 2016, 01:34:36 pm »

It's snowing!

Either you've got this in a different thread, or I read this in DCSS fashion (Spriggan Assassin/Enchanter). :P
We are discussing stabbing. I figured I would suggest Sp. What do you mean, we we're discussing DC:SS? :P
I've always wondered how snow feels like in-person. Especially a snowball, or how to make one with a thick glove and then form a really nice sphere of snow.
really, really numbingly cold, and also kind of like a flour-ish crystally pointy sharp ouch mixture

I hate snow so much
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 11885 11886 [11887] 11888 11889 ... 13325