Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 377859 times)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #3690 on: March 06, 2012, 09:09:47 am »

Ah, you are right, it looks a bit big. I`ll scale it down next time.

Good suggestion on the flame and curl parts. It makes sense.

I like your character. I think she has a cool style. I can't really point anything wrong with it though.
(Is she supposed to be jumping through air, or running?)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: March 06, 2012, 09:13:54 am »

The angle of the background lines seems to be suggesting she's running/sliding down a slope. The angle/movement is actually one of my favorite parts - it's very well conceived.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:18:12 am by freeformschooler »

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: March 06, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:03:16 am by Ogdibus »

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #3693 on: March 06, 2012, 06:47:00 pm »

I oughta say. It sure looks very nice with shades.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3694 on: March 06, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »

Wow, that looks (no offense...) professional. It seems almost done already O_o

Wonder if that kind of effect would work in good ol' PS.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: March 08, 2012, 04:39:10 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:04:04 am by Ogdibus »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: March 09, 2012, 07:59:34 am »

I think you may have overdone it with the shading, there. It's like you wanted to shade each and every part individually, to show off all the details you drew, and forgot where the light was coming from.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: March 09, 2012, 08:01:24 am »

Indeed, it's very difficult to tell where the lighting is supposed to be coming from like that other than maybe "leftish" and/or "the viewer's perspective" depending on the body part. At least the linework and colors are great :)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: March 09, 2012, 10:41:49 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:04:16 am by Ogdibus »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: March 10, 2012, 09:30:44 pm »

HRRRRRRRRRRNGH <- that's what I sound like when I've finished drawing something and it looks terrible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I'm mad at my webcam because it made my pupils/irises look solid black. It's a 0.3 quality thing and I'm realizing it's a worse way to do it.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:00:23 pm by freeformschooler »

Jerimy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: March 10, 2012, 09:41:05 pm »

Hey guys! I browse this forum during my shift as a security guard (It's a reallly boring job). I recently figured out that this computer has MS paint, and that I'd see if I could get any good with it during my work hours. I just finished up my first drawing EVER. It's of my hand if you couldn't tell :P. I'm not really looking for criticism on this one, just sharing. What I am looking for at this point is some helpful advice on using MS paint, improving my overall art skills in general.

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: March 11, 2012, 03:51:48 am »

HRRRRRRRRRRNGH <- that's what I sound like when I've finished drawing something and it looks terrible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I'm mad at my webcam because it made my pupils/irises look solid black. It's a 0.3 quality thing and I'm realizing it's a worse way to do it.

Try using lines more, to achieve greater distinction between spaces. Currently it is all very foggy. Maybe it is because of the webcam quality?

Aim for equal lengths from the nose to the chin and from the nose to the top of the head. Many beginners tend to cut out a large area of the skull. I'm not sure if you would have done it if you had finished the whole head, but it seems like. Looks like you have put down all the features (nose, eyes, mouth) but then disregarded the true sizes of the spaces around them, so they appear very big in the final result.

Hey guys! I browse this forum during my shift as a security guard (It's a reallly boring job). I recently figured out that this computer has MS paint, and that I'd see if I could get any good with it during my work hours. I just finished up my first drawing EVER. It's of my hand if you couldn't tell :P. I'm not really looking for criticism on this one, just sharing. What I am looking for at this point is some helpful advice on using MS paint, improving my overall art skills in general.

Wow, for an ms paint drawing I am impressed :D:D If this is your first drawing ever, and you can foreshorten then I guess it is a good start.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: March 11, 2012, 09:19:40 am »

Thanks Tulx. I'll keep your advice in mind. Sizes are difficult for me right now, but I'm working on coordination as ever to get over that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:22:19 am by freeformschooler »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: March 11, 2012, 11:31:02 am »

Then somebody broken in and stole ALL the things.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Jerimy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: March 11, 2012, 05:05:37 pm »

Wow, for an ms paint drawing I am impressed :D:D If this is your first drawing ever, and you can foreshorten then I guess it is a good start.

Thanks! Yeah, it's my first ever. What the heck is foreshorten?  ???
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 296