Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 379013 times)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #1695 on: June 03, 2010, 04:21:22 pm »

His mouth?
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #1696 on: June 03, 2010, 09:58:12 pm »

Yeah the mouth doesn't seem to line up properly with the nose. Perhaps a result of the subject turning a bit.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: June 04, 2010, 01:41:18 am »

Very true.

Although I flipped it several times while I was painting... I just flipped now... OH GOD HE DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE A PERSON.
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1698 on: June 04, 2010, 11:40:25 pm »

what is it.. it takes a long time for radiation to kill trees, because their cells divide so slowly?

is that why they'd survive?

Actually, I dare to say plant cell physiology is quite more resistant to radiation than animals. Plant cancer seems quite uncommon.

I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: June 05, 2010, 04:32:57 am »

these are the jinns, fire spirits that inhabit the temple-citadel in the middle of the great desert. some believe these are the ghosts of the people that brought the great cataclysm upon the world. they are feared by every living creature, but also by every dead creature that is capable of fear. they are blind, but they see everything the sunlight touches. during the night, the leaders of their haunting parties carry great torches, and they see everything that these torches light: putting out the fire effectively disbands them

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 05, 2010, 04:59:10 am »

what is it.. it takes a long time for radiation to kill trees, because their cells divide so slowly?

is that why they'd survive?
Actually, I dare to say plant cell physiology is quite more resistant to radiation than animals. Plant cancer seems quite uncommon.
I've seen trees with really weird growths on them, which are probably analogous to tumors. I'd guess the difference is that plants have very little in the way of specialized organs. Animals have things like windpipes and blood vessels that you just have to put a little bit of pressure on and they die. Plants are probably also less dependent on sophisticated radiation-vulnerable immune systems.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 05, 2010, 10:08:11 am »

these are the jinns, fire spirits that inhabit the temple-citadel in the middle of the great desert.
Surely you mean Djinni?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LordMelvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: June 05, 2010, 10:20:28 am »

This space unintentionally left blank.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: June 05, 2010, 03:57:38 pm »

these are the jinns, fire spirits that inhabit the temple-citadel in the middle of the great desert.
Surely you mean Djinni?

Quote from: wikipedia
In Arabic, a genie (also jinn, jinni, djinni, cin, from Arabic جني jinnī)(...)there are two creations that have free will: humans and jinn(...)Qur’an mentions that jinn are made of smokeless flame(...)The jinn are mentioned frequently in the Qur’an(etc.)

you made me doubt myself!! i will never forgive you

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: June 05, 2010, 05:11:24 pm »

that's a scary genie.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: June 05, 2010, 06:28:50 pm »

Ya, lets keep him is his bottle. I don't think the wish is worth it.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1706 on: June 05, 2010, 09:47:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thought I'd post this here too. I'm fooling around in VUE some more, making another nifty hell render right now.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: June 07, 2010, 12:35:58 am »

Thought I'd post this here too. I'm fooling around in VUE some more, making another nifty hell render right now.

Yer on!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: June 07, 2010, 01:33:23 am »

I LOVE VUE!

Seriously, I do.

But that looks more like outdoor, mountainous slopes on another planet than a cavern, to me.
Or is that the point?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1709 on: June 07, 2010, 02:11:18 pm »

Better?

I hated the mountain and the spire in this one though. Too shiny.

Also, tadpoles.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 296