Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 296

Author Topic: +The Engravers Guild+  (Read 378379 times)

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
Re: +The Engravers Guild+
« Reply #2820 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28:39 am »

Is that oils or acrylics?  I know absolutely nothing about real paint. 

Oils, I don't like using any other sort of paint except on models.

Also, zombies default to your brain.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: February 15, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »

Here are four doodles from me:
(I hate myself for not starting over on the second image due to his axe getting cut off at the edge.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's a female elf (please don't chuck me in the magma pits :( )
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: February 15, 2011, 02:12:23 pm »

(I hate myself for not starting over on the second image due to his axe getting cut off at the edge.)
Dat ass...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: February 15, 2011, 04:29:37 pm »

Nice, Derp.

I'd really like to see some shaded/coloured work from you though (depth, that is), I think you'd really benefit from that.

Dat ass...

*ahem*

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: February 15, 2011, 05:53:30 pm »

Yes I should, infact I think I start doing it no- Derp Sandvich cancels color sketches: Interrupted by video games

Jokes aside, I do color my work for my art assignments. Sadly the paper is too big for the scanner to scan the whole thing. At least I didn't get dumped in magma for the elf.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: February 15, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »

Again some randomness, i still can't quite do walking, so some advice on that would be welcome
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: February 15, 2011, 10:06:56 pm »

=|

not bad looking. nice to see a robot without a billion fake ab muscles.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #2827 on: February 16, 2011, 04:45:39 am »

"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 16, 2011, 04:57:38 am »

Hey, the level of quality is really picking up in here. Derp, I'm liking the style you got there, not quite anime, but cartoony in a awesome sort of way.

Jopax, I think you're getting closer to nailing the forms. Maybe a slightly lighter shade overlaid on the rear foot would help push it even more. Ref the tl;dr post from Balathustrius on atmospheric perspective. :D

Rarborman; looks pretty damn good for a couple minute doodle but for some things. Whenever you cut a limb off at a joint, it makes for a very uncomfortable overall feel to the drawing. If you must cut off the limbs of your poor characters, use the middle of arms/legs. Check out how films position actors if you really want to get into it, those camera directors really know what they're doing (some times).

Balathustrius; hahah, thanks for that post. You probably spent longer on formulating it/checking it for errors than I spent on the actual drawing. I'll take that post to heart tho and make sure not to include any evil tangents next time :D But 4 srs, i thank you for the in depth response.

sorry, no random art doodles from me this time, i just woke up. :v
3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #2829 on: February 16, 2011, 06:04:03 am »

Sorry I really dont plan on cutting off limbs or anything it just never fits in the size I pick, since those just came out as is where is.

I just realised his legs are a tad small...too bad I'm never going to even touch this again, I could have fixed it...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:11:31 am by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: February 16, 2011, 06:26:44 am »

Also his head seems a tad large.When doing things like these i suggest you focus more on getting it to look right anatomically than to give it detail, focus on the form
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #2831 on: February 16, 2011, 11:12:40 am »

P.s. Doing lots of quick gestures from http://www.posemaniacs.com/ is next best thing to actually doing it from a model.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 16, 2011, 11:50:55 am »

Ah I remember that website! Thanks for posting it here, now I remember one resource where I can practice drawing poses again.

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #2833 on: February 16, 2011, 06:10:22 pm »

edit: actually nvm
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:42:50 pm by Balathustrius »
You have struck Microcline!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:04 pm »

edit: actually, that one sucked.  I'll reupload it when it's better. 

lies!!
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 296