Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79396 times)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 10: The heros team up!]
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2009, 01:42:18 am »

Would it be possible to build my castle on top of a mountain, and then recruit craftsmen and the like to join me, living with me in my castle and making crafts?

Rather, how many people could my castle accommodate? If I could get 30-40 skilled craftsmen and instate myself as Lord, I'd have a significant source of income.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2009, 06:06:41 am »

Food and drink should probably automatically be bought once a day in cities, but rations make sense for traveling. Later on, when we all have towers/fortresses/cities/really, really big holes in the ground, food could count as part of the maintenance cost for live beings.

I'm not sure how I'd rather have time work once some players start building things if others are still adventuring.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2009, 05:15:34 pm »

It's an RTD. Don't over think it.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2009, 05:21:41 pm »

I'll continue to head southeast with Chris, I will keep my earth-spells ready and be on the look-out for dropped items (from traveling merchants, wizards, ect.) and any potential ambush.
Nom nom nom

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2009, 05:45:42 pm »

Keep going.  Southeast, once we reach the split.
If threatened, FALCON PUNCH!!!

EDIT:  Kilikan. Want to have some sort of crazy ass maneuver where you throw me on top of a rock and I smash things to tiny bits with the momentum and my dwarven ability to sustain massive amounts of damage.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 05:48:48 pm by zchris13 »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2009, 06:22:49 pm »

Keep going.  Southeast, once we reach the split.
I'll continue to head southeast with Chris, I will keep my earth-spells ready and be on the look-out for dropped items (from traveling merchants, wizards, ect.) and any potential ambush.
3: You set off down the road. After a while it starts raining, so progress slows notably. You reach the fork soon enough, however, and start heading toward the hamlet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
5: While walking through the rain, you see something glinting on the road ahead. You run over and pick up a muddy amulet with a sapphire set in the middle.

Item: Muddy Sapphire Amulet
I read through various books, trying to learn more runes.
5: You begin looking through some old books containing rows of heiroglyphics. After reading the descriptions of each one, something in your mind just clicks, and you figure out how to use runs together to make complex spells.

+4 to Runecrafting.
New Spell: Rune of Energy
New Spell: Rune of Finesse
New Ability: Rune Link

The librarian looks like an intelligent enough fellow, so I ask him about the surrounding area.
"Say, if I were going to build a castle somewhere around here, where do you suppose it should be?"

2: You start to ask the librarian about the countryside. He looks at you sternly, then throws you out of the library.

Continue Studying Magic Theory
3: You return to your books, learning more about the arcane theorems. You're still struggling, but are starting to get the hang of things.

+1 to Magical Theory

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:31:16 am by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 11: Abilities Schmabilities.]
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2009, 06:30:37 pm »

Goody!

What's Rune Link do?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2009, 06:37:47 pm »

Goody!

What's Rune Link do?
You can engrave multiple runes on a single object to get a single, powerful effect.

I will start handing out other abilities soon as well(only on 5s though). In order to get an ability you must at least have a general understanding of the subject(no dabbling or novices allowed!)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2009, 06:39:40 pm »

And to think, I thought we were getting along quite well.

Regardless, now that I'm outside, I should probably continue looking for flaws in the academy's design. I really do need money, after all.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2009, 06:42:30 pm »

Grab a couple of rocks to hold in my hands while walking, to train my strength and endurance. (I've seen my dad do this with weights)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2009, 06:51:32 pm »

For my next series of actions, I'll find an overly complex method of buying a rapier.

I'll engrave runes of agility and finesse on my club, despite how silly a combination finesse and club are.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2009, 08:00:02 pm »

Continue Studying Arcane Theory

Also, I noticed a typo. I should be a normal Scholar, not a novice

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2009, 08:18:47 pm »

Also, I noticed a typo. I should be a normal Scholar, not a novice
Woops, you're right about that.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2009, 12:14:19 am »

I'll just auto Kilakan, since it's not like he's going to be doing much besides walking.

I continue looking for flaws in the academy's design. I really do need money, after all.

6: Once outside, you start studying the architecture again. You suddenly notice a critical flaw in the building design, and decide to offer yourself a as consultant to the school. You tell them about the flaw, and they pay you 40 gold for noticing it, then ask you to leave. When you press them about designing a new part of the academy to replace the flawed part, you suddenly feel a thump on your head.

Several hours later, you wake up in a fog, and can't remember anything that happened. You have 40 gold in your pockets and feel slightly more knowledgeable about architecture, but a throbing lump on your head makes it hard to concentrate.

+2 to Architecture
Item: 40 Gold

-1 to mental rolls next turn.

Grab a couple of rocks to hold in my hands while walking, to train my strength and endurance. (I've seen my dad do this with weights)
You begin looking around, but don't see any rocks. All there is is mud... lots of mud.
I'll engrave runes of agility and finesse on my club, despite how silly a combination finesse and club are.
4: You take out your club and start engraving some runes on it, linking them together. The runes glow in a light blue light for a moment, then fade after you finish carving them.

Item: Club of Swiftness(+1 to Attack Priority)
+2 to Runecrafting
You start getting really into one particular chapter in the book, and start absorbing the information in the chapter like a sponge. However, some of the teachings conflict with your philosophical beliefs, which you end up giving up in favor of this new information.

+2 to Magical Theory
-2 to Philosophy

Quote from: Kilakan's Turn
Continue Traveling
5: You make enormous progress even with the rain splashing around you. When you arrive at the hamlet, you quickly run into the in. The looter's sentry didn't see you through the rain, and they are still unaware of your presence.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 12: Nothing Exciting]
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:05 am »

Those capitalist pigs...
A mere 40 gold for noticing potentially catastrophic safety hazard?! I could've made more than that leaping around like an idiot in the middle of town...

Furthermore, where am I?

Given the heavy fog, I assume I'm outside the city. Obviously the first order of business is survival, and with a mere knife I doubt I can fend off any creatures I may encounter.

I'll use whatever I can find — stones, logs, twigs, anything — to make a basic platform, in an attempt to get a higher view of my surroundings.

I'll just ignore the fact that I probably won't be able to see anything in the fog.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:56:40 am by Apostolic Nihilist »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59