Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79389 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 12: Nothing Exciting]
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2009, 04:04:39 am »

Continue Studying Arcane Theory

Sorry, I am a boring person.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2009, 06:28:39 am »

A mere 40 gold for noticing potentially catastrophic safety hazard?! I could've made more than that leaping around like an idiot in the middle of town...
Hey, I only made copper coins while leaping around like an idiot, not gold.

I go find a blacksmith, and show him my enchanted club as an example of my work. I offer my services as a runecrafter in exchange for a rapier.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2009, 09:33:34 am »

A mere 40 gold for noticing potentially catastrophic safety hazard?! I could've made more than that leaping around like an idiot in the middle of town...
Hey, I only made copper coins while leaping around like an idiot, not gold.

Hmm... good point. I guess I need to work on this balancing thing some more.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2009, 12:17:11 pm »

wow..... thanks....... I was gonna examine the amulet for magical properties as I was walking and clean it off.... but of well.......

anyways:

I'll quietly find a few, really hard, small rocks and put them in my pockets, while looking for stones I'll also keep an eye out for the men we are supposed to kill.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2009, 01:07:31 pm »

wow..... thanks....... I was gonna examine the amulet for magical properties as I was walking and clean it off.... but of well.......
Well, it was over 24 hours since the last turn was posted.

I'll just throw in the examination as a free action on your next turn.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2009, 05:16:31 pm »

*Stealth*
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2009, 02:59:59 pm »

Two questions I randomly thought up:

1) Am I correct in my assumption that rune effects of the same type do not stack? (IE, no 10 rings of intelligence, broach of intelligence, amulet of intelligence, badge of intelligence ...)

2) What does an item with a rune of energy do?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2009, 07:28:57 pm »

Two questions I randomly thought up:

1) Am I correct in my assumption that rune effects of the same type do not stack? (IE, no 10 rings of intelligence, broach of intelligence, amulet of intelligence, badge of intelligence ...)
Well... I wouldn't say they *don't* stack, but using an excessive number of magical items may not be to your advantage...

Magic Overload is bad, mmkay?
2) What does an item with a rune of energy do?
It's like a magical battery; it provides power. Power for what is up to you.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2009, 07:34:55 pm »

Okay, so, many items enchant with Runes of Energy + Magic Overload + ? + {1} = FUN!

Rolls?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 12: Good Rolls All Around]
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2009, 11:17:33 pm »

\
Rolls?
Oh, right. For some reason I thought we were still missing someone... I feel bad about autoing Kilakan last time and I didn't want to do it again.
I'll use whatever I can find — stones, logs, twigs, anything — to make a basic platform, in an attempt to get a higher view of my surroundings.
6: You find some fallen logs nearby, and quickly arrange them into a study structure. A couple of rocks, planks, and moss, and you have yourself a study watchtower. You are in a murky forest, with dead trees all around. The only source of green is a rather slimy moss. The fog only sticks 2-3 feet above the ground.

Unfortunately for you, the commotion of building the towers seems to have attracted some attention. You see three shadowy shapes moving toward your position in the fog below. You estimate them to be 10 minutes off, but they are closing in fast. You doubt you could outrun them if it came to it.

+2 to Architecture
+2 to Carpentry

Continue Studying Arcane Theory
5: After spending forever studying in near-vain, something in your mind just clicks. You get it. You finally get it. Everything makes sense...

+4 to Magical Theory
New Ability: Accession

Of course, you also get the obligatory willpower boost for sticking to it.

+1 Willpower

I go find a blacksmith, and show him my enchanted club as an example of my work. I offer my services as a runecrafter in exchange for
a rapier.
Wandering about on the east side of town, you see several blacksmith shops. None of them seem particularly exciting, but something draws you to one in particular. Lining the shop doors are average quality looking swords and tools, but something seems off. Looking at the smith working, it seems the products should be better...

Suddenly the smith looks up, taking you by surprise. The smith is a woman! She sees the expression on your face, and you ask her about the items by the shop entrance. She explains that a female in the smithy profession is unusual, and her rivals can't bear to have a woman better than them, so she hides her true skill. She admits that weapons always seemed to be something more than tools of war to her, each one a work of art in itself. You inquire about working as a runecrafter, and she agrees. After all, what good is art without a proper frame? She hands you one of her rapiers to seal the deal.

Item: Exceptional Steel Rapier

examine the amulet for magical properties
5: Inside the tavern and out of the rain, you clean off the amulet. After a while of studying it, you can feel yourself connect to it in a way... it's power surges through you, and your mind clears.

Item: Amulet of Clarity(+3 Willpower)
+4 to Appraisal
Quote from: Kilakan
I'll quietly find a few, really hard, small rocks and put them in my pockets, while looking for stones I'll also keep an eye out for the men we are supposed to kill.
4: After studying the amulet, you peer outside and collect some of the stones near the pathway. There are several houses in town; the men could be in any one.
*Stealth*
6: You stealth so well that Kilakan doesn't even notice were you've gone off to. When he turns around and sees you there, you nearly give him a heart attack. He yells, and the bandits realize someone is in the inn, though as far as they know you're just travelers passing through.

+2 to Ambusher

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
Ragnok
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:27:15 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 13: Lady Luck smiles?]
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2009, 11:22:45 pm »

Accession basically makes it impossible to have a critical failure when casting a spell that is not excessively difficult.

I've changed everyone's gold pieces to copper; it didn't make sense to earn 100 gold for throwing rocks around anyway. Note this did not effect purchasing power(for example, the trainer would have still charged 20 copper) and is only so I can add in more valuable currency in later.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2009, 11:47:13 pm »

Well, judging from how well the rolls went this turn, I suspect I'm going to fail horribly next turn, but...

It's time to put my mechanics skill to use. I'll try to make a trap to kill those horrible beasts that are approaching.
Given the limited supplies, this could be difficult.
Maybe a log trap, consisting of a rope tying several logs together? When the rope is sliced, the logs would roll out and crush my attackers.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2009, 08:09:50 am »

I enchant some of the smith's daggers with finesse rune spells.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2009, 02:56:36 pm »

I'll pretend to be a normal traveler, and talk to some of the less threatening people about the recent robberies, and try and figure out who the bandits are if anyone acts suspiciously.
Nom nom nom

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2009, 05:35:06 pm »

Ask kilikan to help me up to the rafters, where I can stealth from the bandits.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 59